Sponsored by:

OT: Richard Hammond Survives Crash!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 04:29 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
He's in too hot and off line for the corner, but it looks like that was the result of losing the rear coming out of that mild bend before the corner. At that speed, it makes no sense that the car should lose rear grip at that point. If one looks only at the corner entry where he crashed it looks like he's offline and in too hot. But if you back up a few frames, the rear is going away exiting the prior bend and causing him to run wide and screw up that last corner. IMO, the question is why did the rear break loose.
I've only seen the one angle of the video, I'm sure there are more but maybe not floating around yet... Whatever went wrong, went wrong in the second or so that the car is out of frame I would guess... When it's going up the hill as soon as it is back in frame, it is already laying rubber streaks.. is there a dip or something that could unsettle the chassis there, did he get on the power too hard and the instant torque from electric motors broke the tires loose and he couldn't get it back in line? Many questions and possibilities.. Hopefully it will be addressed
Old 06-12-2017, 04:39 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Look at the electric car he's driving. Have you ever heard of it? I'm sure the cars performance, power delivery, and handling has something to do with it.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Old 06-12-2017, 07:57 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Look at the electric car he's driving. Have you ever heard of it? I'm sure the cars performance, power delivery, and handling has something to do with it.
The rimac is an impressive machine, Nurburgring record holder as of a few weeks ago.. faster accelerating than a Bugatti veyron.

Would be easy to get ahead of himself
Old 06-12-2017, 08:16 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

He was texting Jeremy Clarkson and James May!

Quick Reply: OT: Richard Hammond Survives Crash!