918 Bucket Style Seat Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 11:08 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
All,

I’ve really had it with these Exclusive Option guys and with the rest of the community here constantly comparing what Exclusive Option offers to Porsche’s CXX custom seat option that is over $8500.

First, Exclusive Option continues to post advertising threads like this here without disclosing pricing, despite multiple requests. Why? Because they’re embarrassed to say how much they’re charging (about $2500). Or, is that that they want to be able to fleece people of PM them at will by quoting whatever pricing they want on a whim based on what they think the person they’re talking to is willing to pay? Why the secrecy guys!?

Second, Porsche offers CXX seat inserts from factory for $3555 in choice of houndstooth, alcantara, etc. NOT $8500+. The more expensive option not only includes the inserts but also your choice of custom leathers on the bolsters, custom stitching or piping, and custom embroidery on the leather headrests. So the comparison is not $2500 v $8500+ as gets repeated falsely over and over here AND in Exclusive Option’s one intentionally deceptive and false description of their product.

Third, Exclusive Option’s product is NOT a Porsche factory part nor is it even identical to the material Porsche uses, just similar. If that’s good enough for you, and if you’re willing to go through the hassle of switching out your factory seat pieces for theirs to save $1,000 over the cost of getting factory original ones from Porsche as part of the MSRP of your car, more power to you. But for Chrissake, don’t delude yourself into thinking you’re saving $5,000+, as you are NOT, and stop shilling for these guys! And stop propagating this LIE, Exclusive Option folks!
Dude, calm down.
The pricing option from Porsche Exclusive at $3,555 is NEW - as of only a short time ago, the only way to get Houndstooth from the factory was to do the customized seats at $8,500. Many did it. Exclusive Option saw a market opening and satisfied it. I personally have bought many, many items from EO over the years, for options I missed on several cars, and was thrilled with the value and the quality. If you do not like either, do not buy. Not sure why you are so upset.
As for the $3,555 price, you get the houndstooth option directly from the factory. If you go for the $2,500 option from Exclusive Option, you can potentially get another set of inserts with that, which you left out. You can keep your OEM Alcantara set and get the Exclusive Option set (maybe a bit more $ to keep the OEM versions intact). I would consider that a good thing as they Velcro right in...simple 5 minute swap.
In the end, we all have options. Buy what you like, but to imply anyone is scamming is incredibly ignorant.
JC
Old 01-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Dude, calm down.
The pricing option from Porsche Exclusive at $3,555 is NEW - as of only a short time ago, the only way to get Houndstooth from the factory was to do the customized seats at $8,500. Many did it. Exclusive Option saw a market opening and satisfied it. I personally have bought many, many items from EO over the years, for options I missed on several cars, and was thrilled with the value and the quality. If you do not like either, do not buy. Not sure why you are so upset.
As for the $3,555 price, you get the houndstooth option directly from the factory. If you go for the $2,500 option from Exclusive Option, you can potentially get another set of inserts with that, which you left out. You can keep your OEM Alcantara set and get the Exclusive Option set (maybe a bit more $ to keep the OEM versions intact). I would consider that a good thing as they Velcro right in...simple 5 minute swap.
In the end, we all have options. Buy what you like, but to imply anyone is scamming is incredibly ignorant.
JC
I'm upset, and justifiably so, because Exclusive Option and members on this forum—as recently as today—continue to misrepresent the facts about the price of getting the same thing from Porsche by continuing to quote "$8500" despite KNOWING that it is no longer true. That is classic misrepresentation. I wouldn't have any problem with someone saying that what Exclusive Option offers is comparable to what Porsche offers for $3555, and even noting that prior to that being offered by Porsche, you'd have to have paid $8500+ for it. But that is NOT what is being said. Also, it's dishonest to say that Porsche charges $8500+ (or ever charged that much) solely for the inserts, as Porsche always would customize the entire seat (inserts, leathers, stitching, piping, headrest embroidery) for that higher price they charged. Did anyone ever pay $8500 for inserts only without taking advantage of all the other customizations they could've gotten for the price paid? Probably. So what? Plenty of people also pay Porsche $1750 for air vents painted only to select BLACK (the same color they already are), just to get the permitter of the vents in leather with stitching that's also included in that price.

I'm also upset because Exclusive Option refuses to publicly disclose their PRICE for this product they keep posting threads about on this forum. Any vendor who won't say publicly what the price is for their product should be suspect.

And don't use the tired line "if you don't like it or don't want it, just shut up". People on this forum should be thanking me for pointing out dishonest advertising that may save them from making a significant purchase decision based on false advertising. I bet there are quite a few folks on this forum who might buy from Exclusive Option if they believe the alternative costs $8500 but will not when they learn the truth that the factory alternative is only $3555. How else would they know that truth but for my pointing it out here against Exclusive Options continued deceptive advertising on this forum!?

Exclusive Option,
Old 01-18-2018, 11:31 AM
Phikel
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Lapis,
I'm certainly not "shilling" for any one. I wanted to make a change to my interior. I wanted to do it myself. Frank was more than up front with pricing to me. I was quoted the same price I saw posted on this forum to all members, $1,895.00. I felt the quality is what I would expect from a factory replacement, I can change them back to factory in 10 minutes. If and when I sell the car the new owner will get both sets. I doubt very much he will care that they are not "Factory" and if he does I'll keep them. You don't like them fine, spend the extra money but please don't rain on my parade as I'm dam happy. I'm far to busy to spend the time sourcing materials etc and finding a local shop to fabricate to save me $400. The Exclusive Option saved me $1,660.00 over factory based on your pricing. I'm a happy customer, take it as you like.

Kelly LaFollette
Old 01-18-2018, 11:35 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phikel
Lapis,
I'm certainly not "shilling" for any one. I wanted to make a change to my interior. I wanted to do it myself. Frank was more than up front with pricing to me. I was quoted the same price I saw posted on this forum to all members, $1,895.00. I felt the quality is what I would expect from a factory replacement, I can change them back to factory in 10 minutes. If and when I sell the car the new owner will get both sets. I doubt very much he will care that they are not "Factory" and if he does I'll keep them. You don't like them fine, spend the extra money but please don't rain on my parade as I'm dam happy. I'm far to busy to spend the time sourcing materials etc and finding a local shop to fabricate to save me $400. The Exclusive Option saved me $1,660.00 over factory based on your pricing. I'm a happy customer, take it as you like.

Kelly LaFollette
^^^^^^^* this exactly
Old 01-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Phikel
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Akunob, I'm very pleased with the results.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:40 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Phikel
Lapis,

Kelly LaFollette
I'm not accusing you, but rather others that repeat the false "$8500" misinformation that Exclusive Option continues to cite. You did not do so; you just reported your experience with pics, which is much appreciated.

Your post does, however, point out exactly what I'm talking about re: pricing... You just said you paid $1895. I PM'd them from Rennlist last June in response to a similar thread as this that they started about this product. Over the course of 3 written responses, each time they WOULD NOT DISCLOSE THE PRICE in writing. They made me call them. When I finally spoke with them by phone, they quote me over $2800. They are also selling their product via Suncoast for $2500. So it would seem the price you pay depends on who you talk to on what day and who you may yourself be?

One would think if the price is $1895, they'd get more buyers? Had they offered them to me for that price, I would have bought them then. But no, they tried to screw me over. This is what I'm talking about. DISHONEST COMPANY!!!!!
Old 01-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

While I'm thinking about it, some questions about the legitimacy of this company "Exclusive Option"....

1. Where are they located? Their website and all of their posts on this forum, as well as emails, never disclosure an address, much less a city, state, or even country!

2. What is their phone number? There is none on their website or in any of their posts on this forum. Nor can I find a number to call them anywhere.

3. What is their email address? Again, nothing on their website, in this forum, or anywhere that I can find online.

This is a "company" with an anonymous website who won't disclose pricing publicly, who won't provide any real contact info, who only accepts inquiries via contact form submissions through their website, who takes days to respond to such inquiries and then is evasive in their responses, and who when they finally calls you only introduces themselves on a first name basis and gives you pricing that seems to vary depending on how much of a mark they think you are.

Question: What other company that you consider a reputable honest company uses communication and pricing practices like this?

Exclusive Option, if I'm mistaken and you really are transparent, honest business people, by all means, please respond right here, right now, in writing with your real business address, phone number, email address, real first and last name of a principal of the business, and confirmation of pricing you will honor for everyone equally. If not, I stand by everything I've said here.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

While I'm thinking about it, some questions about the legitimacy of this company "Exclusive Option"....

1. Where are they located? Their website and all of their posts on this forum, as well as emails, never disclosure an address, much less a city, state, or even country!

2. What is their phone number? There is none on their website or in any of their posts on this forum. Nor can I find a number to call them anywhere.

3. What is their email address? Again, nothing on their website, in this forum, or anywhere that I can find online.

This is a "company" with an anonymous website who won't disclose pricing publicly, who won't provide any real contact info, who only accepts inquiries via contact form submissions through their website, who takes days to respond to such inquiries and then is evasive in their responses, and who when they finally calls you only introduces themselves on a first name basis and gives you pricing that seems to vary depending on how much of a mark they think you are.

Question: What other company that you consider a reputable honest company uses communication and pricing practices like this?

Exclusive Option, if I'm mistaken and you really are transparent, honest business people, by all means, please respond right here, right now, in writing with your real business address, phone number, email address, real first and last name of a principal of the business, and confirmation of pricing you will honor for everyone equally. If not, I stand by everything I've said here.
valid arguments.....
Old 01-18-2018, 12:30 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Businesses offer a product that satisfies demand and price the products accordingly. If people want to pay the price, then that is their option. Supply and demand.

What I do agree with Lapis about, is that vendors that are sponsors should post specific prices. The whole PM me for price thing is silly. Pricing should be transparent. Not $2500 for one customer and $3000 for another.

LWB inserts with alcantara $XXXX
LWB seat inserts with leather $XXXX
LWB seat inserts with houndstooth $XXXX

+$500 for no oem core

Something like this. When most vendors post items, they usually post prices.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:30 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neurotic
valid arguments.....
Ummm...I have done about 30 or 40 purchase transactions with them over the past 5 years or so...ZERO issues, and they stand behind their products. I have referred friends, and all are thrilled with their experiences. I just don't get this weird need for a public lynching. Very odd.
I have a great idea - if you are skeptical, don't do business with them. The rest of us customers can decide for ourselves. They are an enthusiast company and if you were at any of the So-Cal PCA concours or last few WERKS Reunions, or Rennsport Reunion, you would have met Frank and the others at his "company" where they invested in booths to promote their products.
Let it go, guys...so unbecoming.
JC
Old 01-18-2018, 12:31 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

I agree, I can't be bothered going back-and-fourth over PM/email over prices. advertise the price as-is, shouldn't be that complicated
Old 01-18-2018, 12:34 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCBH
Ummm...I have done about 30 or 40 purchase transactions with them over the past 5 years or so...ZERO issues, and they stand behind their products. I have referred friends, and all are thrilled with their experiences. I just don't get this weird need for a public lynching. Very odd.
I have a great idea - if you are skeptical, don't do business with them. The rest of us customers can decide for ourselves. They are an enthusiast company and if you were at any of the So-Cal PCA concours or last few WERKS Reunions, or Rennsport Reunion, you would have met Frank and the others at his "company" where they invested in booths to promote their products.
Let it go, guys...so unbecoming.
JC
not saying I or most people on RL have any issues w/ EO--I think the argument here is to be more transparent, for what its worth

I am more than happy to send them my money when my GT arrives due to the positive feedback these guys or gals get.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:41 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neurotic
not saying I or most people on RL have any issues w/ EO--I think the argument here is to be more transparent, for what its worth

I am more than happy to send them my money when my GT arrives due to the positive feedback these guys or gals get.
Yes, every time I call Frank (owner) of EO, he gets me pricing and I then decide if I want to purchase. Easy process. I would be surprised if someone did not have the same level of service.
They are a small company, and their work is typically done a la carte (they do not tend to stock large quantities) and their bolster protectors and other products have been popular, so they have had to ramp up. Good problem to have.
That being said, they are working on a new website to make seeing their product lineup options easier, and that is a good idea.
JC
Old 01-18-2018, 12:51 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

1. Where are they located?
Khalifornia is listed under their avatar pic as a location

Originally Posted by drdonger
What I do agree with Lapis about, is that vendors that are sponsors should post specific prices.

When most vendors post items, they usually post prices.
Must have missed all those HRE wheel posts.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:55 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
Khalifornia is listed under their avatar pic as a location

Must have missed all those HRE wheel posts.
you forgot all the aftermarket exhaust posts lol

Quick Reply: 918 Bucket Style Seat Inserts