Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What purchase history gives you the clout to order a new GT car from your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 01:03 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Just about any dealer in CA.

You just have to have the money AND BE WILLING TO PAY OVER MSRP.
^^^
Old 06-12-2017, 01:35 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
I have been buying Porsche Product for the past 35 years. The list of cars that I have owned over this time is to long to list. Each and every one has been put back into the supplying dealer, when it comes to change.

As an example I have brought the Following over the past 24 Months.
3 X Cayenne's , both LHD and RHD
2 X 991 Targa
3 x 991 Turbo S
1 Macan
2 x 991 GT3, LHD and RHD
1 x 991 R.
1 x 991 GT3RS
1 x GT4
1 x 991.2 GT3 on order
1x 991.2 GTS PTS on order.

I currently own 6 Porsche cars

Despite owning 19 X 911 Turbo cars over the past 35 years, this in addition to all the other 911s, Boxsters, Cayenne's GT cars etc I am still awaiting confirmation that I can have a 991 Turbo S LE. Even after placing an order last Nov.
Wow.. So wrong..
Porsche corp going to have some very loyal & tenured customers walking into other dealerships..
Old 06-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Wow.. So wrong..
Porsche corp going to have some very loyal & tenured customers walking into other dealerships..
The above is just one side of the coin, the other being that the, amount of service work that I give the OPC, ie just paid a 24k Bill Service refresh etc, also when I give them a car back to sell I allow them to enjoy 10% sales commission on the sale.....At the time I placed my order, they had no other orders for this car LE car.....

To be honest I am astonished at the way I have been treated.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:21 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

The above is just one side of the coin, the other being that the, amount of service work that I give the OPC, ie just paid a 24k Bill Service refresh etc, also when I give them a car back to sell I allow them to enjoy 10% sales commission on the sale.....At the time I placed my order, they had no other orders for this car LE car.....

To be honest I am astonished at the way I have been treated.
i am with you. i used to be loyal, while i dont have exotics like 918 and CGT i do buy PLENTY of GT3/RS, boxster, cayman, pepper etc. frankly dealers are short sighted. the NEW way of doing business is sickening. very different than how i was brought up with OLD SHCOOL business dealings were ppl had integrity and words actually had meaning.

we all love making money. afterall , without the $, we can't buy any porsches. but there's right way to do it. that's why some ppl goto porsche garden while some end up in hell.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Proof that when it comes to $, there is no loyalty.
you are ABSOLUTELY right.

Originally Posted by A430v
In Los Angeles, CA - NONE, ZERO...prior relationships don't matter.

993 Turbo, 996 Turbo, 996 GT3, Cayenne Turbo, Carrera GT, 997.1 GT3 RS, 997.2 GT3 RS, 991.1 S, 991.1 GTS, GT4, Macan GTS...that's 11 Porsches? Plus, 8 Audis and cars of various brands, not to mention the many referrals.

And the relationship stops there when the GM wanted $50,000 over MSRP for a 991.1 GT3 RS. Actually, we gave them a second and third chance by getting the Macan GTS and GT4. However, we were still told, CAN'T "gift" you a GT3 RS or give it away at MSRP or so the GM says. Uh huh. And I'm talking about you Rusnak/Pasadena Porsche and the Rusnak Auto Group. 22 year relationship down the toilet just like that. Poof!
rusnak.... they been like that since 1985. dad bought a 928 and 911 turbo same day. they would not fill the cars full tank. they said it's their POLICY not to fill. dad chuckled, in broken enlish, " it's my policy not buy cars with empty tank "... we left. $110k or so over two tank of gas at about $2.00 or less per gallon....
Old 06-12-2017, 02:39 PM
A430v
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
rusnak.... they been like that since 1985. dad bought a 928 and 911 turbo same day. they would not fill the cars full tank. they said it's their POLICY not to fill. dad chuckled, in broken enlish, " it's my policy not buy cars with empty tank "... we left. $110k or so over two tank of gas at about $2.00 or less per gallon....
But Mooty...we have been treated right by them until now. I know virtually everyone there, it's like a family. I guess greed got the better of the GM. As Apolo1 said, it's not only new car business, countless $$$'s spent on Service, referrals, Rusnak's other brands, etc. Sigh. Oh well. Next car won't be a Porsche anyways. LOL.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:40 PM
A430v
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
CGT and they treat you like this!! WT BLOODY H!
Custom ordered, PTS, with some extras. Still in the collection. Go figure. No loyalty at all.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:46 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

But Mooty...we have been treated right by them until now. I know virtually everyone there, it's like a family. I guess greed got the better of the GM. As Apolo1 said, it's not only new car business, countless $$$'s spent on Service, referrals, Rusnak's other brands, etc. Sigh. Oh well. Next car won't be a Porsche anyways. LOL.
u are luckier than i!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i am with you. i used to be loyal, while i dont have exotics like 918 and CGT i do buy PLENTY of GT3/RS, boxster, cayman, pepper etc. frankly dealers are short sighted. the NEW way of doing business is sickening. very different than how i was brought up with OLD SHCOOL business dealings were ppl had integrity and words actually had meaning.

we all love making money. afterall , without the $, we can't buy any porsches. but there's right way to do it. that's why some ppl goto porsche garden while some end up in hell.

you are ABSOLUTELY rightrusnak.... they been like that since 1985. dad bought a 928 and 911 turbo same day. they would not fill the cars full tank. they said it's their POLICY not to fill. dad chuckled, in broken enlish, " it's my policy not buy cars with empty tank "... we left. $110k or so over two tank of gas at about $2.00 or less per gallon....
What I find most irritating is that when I placed my order last year, I was the first one for this car, I have way more than enough buying history to justify this, and be allocated one. Now that they have just one car, it does not have my name on it.

To be fair they have said today that they will do there best to secure me a LE turbo. But in my view I was first in line and should not have been bumped....

When I gave them back my Gen 2 Turbo at the end of April, in expectation of the LE, no mention that I could not have this car.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:22 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a PTS allocation for production this fall for a 991.2, only cost me a kidney and my first born. In all seriousness I have a 991.1 GT3 that I have pretraded that was also a PTS GT3. BTW having a goof friend putting me in contact with the general manager didn't hurt. It's not what you know, but rather who you know.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:50 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^You see Apolo1's fleet?...... The GM should be thanking him for supporting his kids through College..
-karma comes back @ 100x..
Old 06-12-2017, 04:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

In Los Angeles, CA - NONE, ZERO...prior relationships don't matter.

993 Turbo, 996 Turbo, 996 GT3, Cayenne Turbo, Carrera GT, 997.1 GT3 RS, 997.2 GT3 RS, 991.1 S, 991.1 GTS, GT4, Macan GTS...that's 11 Porsches? Plus, 8 Audis and cars of various brands, not to mention the many referrals.

And the relationship stops there when the GM wanted $50,000 over MSRP for a 991.1 GT3 RS. Actually, we gave them a second and third chance by getting the Macan GTS and GT4. However, we were still told, CAN'T "gift" you a GT3 RS or give it away at MSRP or so the GM says. Uh huh. And I'm talking about you Rusnak/Pasadena Porsche and the Rusnak Auto Group. 22 year relationship down the toilet just like that. Poof!
Wow, that is just beyond stupid....you are the type of customer who should be getting their GT cars in the first round allocations. Unreal...
Old 06-12-2017, 06:48 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

some times i just dont understand.....
Old 06-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

What I find most irritating is that when I placed my order last year, I was the first one for this car, I have way more than enough buying history to justify this, and be allocated one. Now that they have just one car, it does not have my name on it.

To be fair they have said today that they will do there best to secure me a LE turbo. But in my view I was first in line and should not have been bumped....

When I gave them back my Gen 2 Turbo at the end of April, in expectation of the LE, no mention that I could not have this car.
If you bought a 918, why don't you have priority for the Turbo LE? I thought that is what the VIP program is all about.

That said, I probably would have a heart to heart with the dealer and PCNA. Based on your buying record, they should have assured of an allocation.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:15 PM
randr
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer works in a very straightforward way - they allocate on the basis of the time stamp on the initial deposit e.g. first come, first served (they do not do a dealer mark up above and beyond the official Porsche asking price).

They will call once they know a new model is available and give you the option of putting a deposit down. However, those who understand Porsche models often put deposits down on specific models well ahead of the call.

When availability is determined they call and offer you your allocation, if you decide not to take it - they call the next person on the list. Normally they give you a few days to decide.

Its a pretty simple process and is designed to be fair - most accept this. I have found my dealership to be very professional (they probably have to be given that cars in Australia are roughly double the price of those in the US - small RHD market plus LCT).
Old 06-12-2017, 10:26 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
was at Project One unveilling past two days in Berlin, and sat at dinner with some european AMG & Porsche dealers. they are appalled by what happens here in the US, they think it's terrible for business what dealers are doing, but also, what customers are doing in the flipping game. I asked how they handle their lists and the spanish and french dealer principals told me the following.

-whoever comes to place their desposit once the car has been announced, gets the spot. They try to call their good customers if they hear of an upcoming car being announced to give them a head's up, but generally, anyone local who places a deposit gets a final spot in line. If they find that someone has flipped a car, they black-list them.

While it seems to me that they have a lot less business than US dealers do, and so the issue of lists and flipping is less apparent, they all agreed that dealers should never upcharge on cars as it ruins their relationships and reputations. This came from dealer principals directly.
Did they discuss the GT3 cars they released 2 weeks ago? I tried going direct to my AMG contact and to my dealer on one of the cars, and never heard back from either. I assume all 5 were sold before the announcement??

If they did discuss them, was the price released? >700k?

Quick Reply: What purchase history gives you the clout to order a new GT car from your dealer?