Sponsored by:

GT3 Buckets for daily driving

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:53 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I personally think the silver seat backs look unfinished. I did the seat backs with leather which cost $1800 in US dollars, and I'm happy for it every time I open the door to my GT3.
Agree to a certain extent, but ordered the "black" (really Anthracite) aluminum dash trim, which kinda matches the gray on the plastic of the seat backs. Do I wish they were leather? Yes. Enough to pay $1800? No.

I just pretend they match my gray dash trim, and think back to those ultra-desirable hard-back 993 seats people pay a mint for. It helps...really.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:41 PM
OG911
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

GTS 4 way sport seats should be very similar to GT3 seats. Nice that your dealer has those and 991 RS LWBs to test back to back on the same day.

I personally think the silver seat backs look unfinished. I did the seat backs with leather which cost $1800 in US dollars, and I'm happy for it every time I open the door to my GT3.
Hi there

Do you have 18 or 4 Way seats in your GT3?
Old 06-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by OG911
Hi there

Do you have 18 or 4 Way seats in your GT3?
I have the 4-way seats. I ordered both the seatbacks in leather and the extended dash in leather, as adding those two options looks to me like full leather, not just half the car in leather which is what the regular full leather option looks like IMHO.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:40 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the LWB in my 15' GT3. Have driven several times from SF to LA, 6+ hours of driving. No problem at all with comfort. The only difficulty is getting in and out, for strangers that is.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:06 PM
OG911
Instructor

I have the 4-way seats. I ordered both the seatbacks in leather and the extended dash in leather, as adding those two options looks to me like full leather, not just half the car in leather which is what the regular full leather option looks like IMHO.

Thank you
the seat looks very nice
Are you doing the same for the new car order or bucket? What colour and wheels are you going for this time ?
Old 06-11-2017, 12:43 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Thank you
the seat looks very nice
Are you doing the same for the new car order or bucket? What colour and wheels are you going for this time ?
I considered other colors, but I love the look of my current car so much that I"m again ordering my .2 GT3 in guards red with red interior stitching, leather seatbacks and extended dash with red deviated stitching. I love the 4 way seats which are the most comfortable car seats I've ever had and still they hold me in place decently on the track.

This time around I am adding more alcantara to the interior with the sun visors, and belt outlet trim. I'm likely going to do carbon fiber accents this time as well.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:37 AM
OG911
Instructor

I considered other colors, but I love the look of my current car so much that I"m again ordering my .2 GT3 in guards red with red interior stitching, leather seatbacks and extended dash with red deviated stitching. I love the 4 way seats which are the most comfortable car seats I've ever had and still they hold me in place decently on the track.

This time around I am adding more alcantara to the interior with the sun visors, and belt outlet trim. I'm likely going to do carbon fiber accents this time as well.
You are so lucky knowing what you want to get. I have never been so indecisive like this before. I change my mind about colour every day. I have a white 991 Carrera S and jet black Cayanne GTS. I am keeping the cayenne when the GT3 arrives. I don't want to have two black cars and want something different from white. That leaves me with Gaurds red, GT Silver and Miami blue or PTS mexico or rivera blue if i get it . I got 3 months till September to decide

What are your views of Miami blue ?
Old 06-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

You are so lucky knowing what you want to get. I have never been so indecisive like this before. I change my mind about colour every day. I have a white 991 Carrera S and jet black Cayanne GTS. I am keeping the cayenne when the GT3 arrives. I don't want to have two black cars and want something different from white. That leaves me with Gaurds red, GT Silver and Miami blue or PTS mexico or rivera blue if i get it . I got 3 months till September to decide

What are your views of Miami blue ?
You might be indecisive because the 991 GT3 looks great in every color, something I cannot say about any other car. So no matter what color you decide, it will look good!

However, in your situation I would definitely avoid a black or white GT3.
Obviously if you are able to do PTS, I would go for mexico or rivera blue, both great colors, and your car will be worth more long-term than the cost of PTS.

GT silver looks great, although IMHO it's too conservative for a car with a big wing on it. You should own the complete look of your car.
That's one reason I chose Guards Red twice, because a GT3 is an aggressive looking and special sports/race car and so race car "jelly bean" colors fit it best IMHO, while I prefer conservative black, white, silver on regular 911 carreras.
The PTS blues you mentioned also fit into the jelly bean race car category, and look great on a GT3.

Miami blue is polarizing. I think it has too much green in it and it's a bit washed out in bright sun, but it's very much a love it or hate it color. You may love it, however and so you definitely need to see a GT3 or at least a 991 Carrera in Miami blue, in the flesh before you make your September decision. But if you love Miami blue after seeing it in person, then go for it, but don't order it without seeing on a GT3 or carrera body. A boxster/cayenne doesn't count.

Last edited by Drifting; 06-11-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:47 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Generally speaking, those considering Miami Blue desire the other blues ( riviera/ Mexico / voodoo/ gulf ) Miami blue is nothing like the PTS blues. IMHO Miami looks terrible in the sun, washed out. If you can't get a PTS build forget Miami
Old 06-11-2017, 05:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Many new colors look like they accidentally threw white paint in the mix so where..
Give me the hard colors; Voodoo, Golf, signal Orange, signal green,UV...
Old 06-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Many new colors look like they accidentally threw white paint in the mix so where..
This is my feeling as well. I don't get the pastel colors thing.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:26 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 962 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by 0to60
Generally speaking, those considering Miami Blue desire the other blues ( riviera/ Mexico / voodoo/ gulf ) Miami blue is nothing like the PTS blues. IMHO Miami looks terrible in the sun, washed out. If you can't get a PTS build forget Miami
miami doesn't photo well in bright light, such as the PTS stronger colors. However the times I've seen it in person it still pops as a bright vibrant color. Again, should see in person before dropping $150k plus.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:46 PM
parkerfe
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 142 Posts

I had the LWB in my DD GT4 but 18 way in my DD GT3. As just an average track day guy, I would go with the 18 way in the GT4 if I had it to do again.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:06 PM
OG911
Instructor

You might be indecisive because the 991 GT3 looks great in every color, something I cannot say about any other car. So no matter what color you decide, it will look good!

However, in your situation I would definitely avoid a black or white GT3.
Obviously if you are able to do PTS, I would go for mexico or rivera blue, both great colors, and your car will be worth more long-term than the cost of PTS.

GT silver looks great, although IMHO it's too conservative for a car with a big wing on it. You should own the complete look of your car.
That's one reason I chose Guards Red twice, because a GT3 is an aggressive looking and special sports/race car and so race car "jelly bean" colors fit it best IMHO, while I prefer conservative black, white, silver on regular 911 carreras.
The PTS blues you mentioned also fit into the jelly bean race car category, and look great on a GT3.

Miami blue is polarizing. I think it has too much green in it and it's a bit washed out in bright sun, but it's very much a love it or hate it color. You may love it, however and so you definitely need to see a GT3 or at least a 991 Carrera in Miami blue, in the flesh before you make your September decision. But if you love Miami blue after seeing it in person, then go for it, but don't order it without seeing on a GT3 or carrera body. A boxster/cayenne doesn't count.
Ok, i will follow your footsteps with Gaurds red and sport seats with the back in leather. What are you doing with wheels, seatbelts and headlights ?

black wheels with red rims, is that too much with every thing else going on ?
Black LED lights ?
Old 06-11-2017, 11:25 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Ok, i will follow your footsteps with Gaurds red and sport seats with the back in leather. What are you doing with wheels, seatbelts and headlights ?

black wheels with red rims, is that too much with every thing else going on ?
Black LED lights ?
LOL, I feel like your personal GT3 image consultant.
But seriously happy to help.

If you're getting guards red for exterior color then you definitely want guards red seatbelts, and you definitely want guards red deviated stitching. It looks fantastic, like a sports car, but the understated red interior touches are a bit 458 like, which suits me fine.

As I mentioned before, IMHO, full leather is the regular full leather package plus the seatbacks and the extended dash in leather. So I would recommend both options.

Regarding wheels and headlights. Black or near black headlights looks the bomb on a guards red GT3 and the black/red combo really works, ,particularly with the other black accents on the .2 GT3. At a minimum you must select PDLS for your headlights as this makes the headlights a dark grey/light black which ties in with the black accents.

I still haven't decided whether to get LED in black as in the US the advantage of LEDs is neutered by our government so LEDs (on high beams) on any US car aren't any brighter than the BiXenons. As you live down under, you probably want to get LEDs in black as black headlights looks great, and you get full brightness advantage of LEDs.

Re wheels- This is very subjective and personal. The only key things are---

If getting PCCBs, get any wheels you like other than the red pinstripe, which looks very busy with the three colors, yellow, red, black.
If getting regular iron brakes, avoid the stock or satin aluminum wheels as the brake dust will be an issue an hour after you're washed the car.

Like AP, I personally don't like black wheels, but if you like them, there's nothing wrong with getting them, and they hide brake dust fairly well. As the .2 GT3 debut car came with black wheels, just look at the pictures from the Geneva compared to my car below with platinum and make your personal decision.

I'm getting the satin wheels in platinum for my .2 GT3, which are the same as the stock .1 GT3 wheels, which I think look great, hide brake dust, and complement black, chrome, and glass accents on the GT3.

Quick Reply: GT3 Buckets for daily driving