Sponsored by:

R&R front bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 05:02 PM
452gt3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default R&R front bumper cover

Has anyone taken their front bumper cover off a GT3? I'm looking for some help with this job or a diagram.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:37 AM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I had to remove both bumper covers to install front and rear NavTV cameras. There is a video on youtube and a thread by plenum for the front bumper removal. The GT3 is basically the same as Carrera.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-removal.html

There were a few things that I did differently.

I removed all 4 of the plastic trim pieces under the frunk lid. It's fairly easy to do and makes work easier.

When removing the springy clip between the headlight area and the frunk, instead of using a wire or hook, I pushed from the headlight side and pulled from the frunk side using my fingers and thumb. You may want to use gloves.

It's easier to remove the side marker lights completely than just pushing the back side out. You pull the light back to the wheel well side and rotate the front out.

Before reinstalling the bumper, check all the clips that the screws go into to make sure they didn't move out of position.

The hardest part is unplugging the wire harnesses from under the headlight areas. You are doing it by feel and cannot see what you are doing. You are trying to pull the release tab toward the outside of the car and pushing the connector to the outside of the car also. It's the same kind of connector as the headlight. You may be able to pull the bumper cover out toward the front of the car a little to be able to look under the headlight area so you can see the connector. Plugging it back in later is easy.

Put a big blanket or something under the bumper so you don't scratch it up when you pull it off.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:55 AM
452gt3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you very much

Quick Reply: R&R front bumper cover