Sponsored by:

Full leather interior 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 03:16 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
If one orders the red/black leather interior, the $1500 door leather/alcantara plus red stitching becomes a mandatory option. I tried to not order it, and the configurator then made me take off the $3800 leather interior option, When I asked my salesperson, he confirmed that in such a case, the two packages must be ordered together.
The $1500 is the extra charge for red stitching, on top of the $3800 charge for leather. If you can live without red stitching, you can get the leather interior for "only" $3800.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Leclerc
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terrence
If one orders the red/black leather interior, the $1500 door leather/alcantara plus red stitching becomes a mandatory option. I tried to not order it, and the configurator then made me take off the $3800 leather interior option, When I asked my salesperson, he confirmed that in such a case, the two packages must be ordered together.

Originally Posted by Drifting
The $1500 is the extra charge for red stitching, on top of the $3800 charge for leather. If you can live without red stitching, you can get the leather interior for "only" $3800.
Or, if you want it to make even more sense, if you want red stitching, you have to take the full leather package.
No stitching on plastic dashboard...
Old 06-02-2017, 09:16 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm not a leather liker, lover, nor fetishist. Never buy the full leather. So in my GT3 I never thought I would get it. Until I noticed the full leather package adds alcantara. I loooove alcantara. And I love it even more in a sporty car. So I did get full leather this time round ...
Old 06-02-2017, 09:20 AM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive ordered full leaher, my build will be final the 11th june, after that no changes.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:40 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

The interior looksreally cheap without full leather. I don't know any other car that offers a plastic dash at this price level.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:40 AM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

Here is what you get with the $3,480 Full Leather Option. Off course an additional $1,500 for Red stitching vs the base Platinum.

Dashboard upper section including instrument shroud, upper section of door panels, and center console side and rear panels in black leather.

Dashboard lower section incl. glove compartment cover, door center panels, and A-/B-pillars in black Alcantara.

I think worth it......red stitching depends on your color choice.
Chet
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
3 full leather.pdf (117.6 KB, 212 views)
Old 06-02-2017, 11:17 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
It did seem to reflect a bit in a GT3 I sat in with EXTENDED leather and guard red stitching, because all that stitching is close to the bottom of the windshield. But with regular full leather, that back part of the dash is still plastic, so it's no problem. Wouldn't worry about this as a reason to get or not get leather.
Thanks!
Old 06-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
+1
full and extended leather on both my GT3 and GT4, and they are track day cars not just C&C'ers
To each his own, but why would you do full leather in a track car?

To me, the standard interior says Porsche sports car and the leather interior says Porsche luxury car, which I get if it's a street car, but don't understand why anyone would do it on a track car.

How did Porsche ever sell cars before they started adding leather to the steering columns and fuse boxes?
Old 06-02-2017, 01:43 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Standard interior just looks terrible imo. Plastic everywhere and the dash has a weird crease where the stitching should be. There is no alcantara on the center part of the door or lower dash/glove box either. I really can't see how anyone would get the standard plastic. $3500 for leather interior is worth it on a 150k car.
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2017, 01:54 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

I get your point, but your photo also perfectly illustrates what I was talking about with the upper door trim getting wet in the rain. In this case, no harm done with plastic. With leather, it might not look so good in a couple days of soaking (and when parking outside in the rain there is not much you can do to prevent)...

Also for those who do PCA driving events, they make you drive with your window down even in the weather. This wouldn't do the leather any favors. I haven't done a PCA event for many years, so not an issue for me (but I know others here do).
Old 06-02-2017, 01:55 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

^^ Restrained simplicity in Teutonic design. Beautiful.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:22 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Don't get alcantara.

The Alcantars are an endangered species. Don't let another die to upholster your GT3.
Its very sad that they kill the Alcantars to obtain alcantara. I had previously thought they simply sheared them.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:23 PM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
How are you configuring your new car, overall?
Old 06-02-2017, 03:11 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GrantG
I get your point, but your photo also perfectly illustrates what I was talking about with the upper door trim getting wet in the rain. In this case, no harm done with plastic. With leather, it might not look so good in a couple days of soaking (and when parking outside in the rain there is not much you can do to prevent)...

Also for those who do PCA driving events, they make you drive with your window down even in the weather. This wouldn't do the leather any favors. I haven't done a PCA event for many years, so not an issue for me (but I know others here do).

Just wipe the door and dash part down that gets wet after each session. Usually when its raining hard they are fine with the windows up or I don't go out. As far as parking outside in the rain, it is just getting in and out of you car. You can wipe down the doors in 30 seconds. I would imagine you wouldn't park outside with your windows down.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
To each his own, but why would you do full leather in a track car?

To me, the standard interior says Porsche sports car and the leather interior says Porsche luxury car, which I get if it's a street car, but don't understand why anyone would do it on a track car.

How did Porsche ever sell cars before they started adding leather to the steering columns and fuse boxes?
Exactly. That's why a 911 turbo has always had leather as standard equipment. It is a luxury sports GT first. For me, I feel like the full leather takes away the "race car feel" of the interior. If I were to buy the GT3 as a daily driver, then I would get adaptive sports seats and get full leather, but I am buying it as a toy and track car, and therefore it will have carbon buckets and alcantara. If I could order full alcantara package with alcantara dash and more on the doors, I would do that. Track cars don't have leather interior. In fact, the 458 Speciale comes standard with Tech fabric and alcantara. Leather is only an option. So was the Scudedria and the Stradale. I loved the metal and exposed screws and alcantara on those cars!

Quick Reply: Full leather interior 991.2 GT3