Sponsored by:

Concerned Owners Group: Meeting In Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:48 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Default Concerned Owners Group: Meeting In Atlanta

As you may know, a Concerned Owners Group was established out of concerns regarding the reliability of the 991.1 engine. We sent a letter to Porsche in early May requesting a meeting with them to discuss our concerns.

Porsche has graciously accepted our request for a meeting to discuss the "finger follower" issue. The meeting will be held in Atlanta at a mutually agreed date. The Porsche delegation will include a number of executives from Porsche Cars North America, as well as at least one senior technical expert from Porsche AG who is qualified to address our concerns directly.

Our delegation will include up to 5 members from our group. Please PM me if you are interested in joining our delegation in Atlanta, along with your available dates. Priority will be given to current 991.1 GT3 owners who have experienced this issue first hand. We would also like to have at least one RS owner present, if possible. Most likely the meeting will take place on a Thursday, so please keep that in mind.

I will be updating the COG thread shortly, but I wanted to make sure all members of the group saw this update.

Rob
Old 06-01-2017, 10:55 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Good on you Rob! 991.1 GT3 owners owe you bigtime!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:05 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Nice job Rob.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Well done. Let's see what comes out of it.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

As one of the naysayers, I am surprised. There may be something to your concerns. We done Rob!
Old 06-01-2017, 12:05 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Rob, great effort.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:14 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

big congrats Rob... much appreciated.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:47 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I have both the .1 GT3 and .1 RS, interested to see what comes of this. Kudos to you for taking the time.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:07 PM
avh128996tt
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very well done.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:11 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Thanks guys. One thing is clear from my correspondence with reps at Porsche. They take this matter seriously. They truly want an opportunity to meet and discuss the matter with us, and people will be flying in from Germany to attend the meeting. At this stage I don't think you can ask for anything more than what Porsche has agreed to do. Here's the initial response I received from the VP of Customer Relations:

Thank you very much for your letter dated May 6. I can assure you that the entire Porsche organization is committed to ensuring the highest product quality and an exceptional customer experience. Porsche is proud of our record of product quality and is always willing to receive customer input and discuss customer feedback.

As you requested, it would indeed be our pleasure to invite you and up to four other members of your group to our North American headquarters in Atlanta at a mutually convenient date in the near future to discuss your concerns in more detail. Our delegation will include a number of executives from Porsche Cars North America, as well as at least one senior technical expert from the manufacturer, Porsche AG, who would be most qualified to address your concerns directly.

I am currently in Germany until Monday, June 5th, but please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we can start making arrangements. The first step will be to pick some dates that might be convenient for your members, as well as the Porsche technical personnel who will join us from Germany.

On behalf of everyone here at Porsche, we thank you for your passion and loyalty, and we wish you many happy miles in your very special Porsche vehicles. I am looking forward to meeting you.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:42 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Thanks guys. One thing is clear from my correspondence with reps at Porsche. They take this matter seriously. They truly want an opportunity to meet and discuss the matter with us, and people will be flying in from Germany to attend the meeting. At this stage I don't think you can ask for anything more than what Porsche has agreed to do. Here's the initial response I received from the VP of Customer Relations:

Thank you very much for your letter dated May 6. I can assure you that the entire Porsche organization is committed to ensuring the highest product quality and an exceptional customer experience. Porsche is proud of our record of product quality and is always willing to receive customer input and discuss customer feedback.

As you requested, it would indeed be our pleasure to invite you and up to four other members of your group to our North American headquarters in Atlanta at a mutually convenient date in the near future to discuss your concerns in more detail. Our delegation will include a number of executives from Porsche Cars North America, as well as at least one senior technical expert from the manufacturer, Porsche AG, who would be most qualified to address your concerns directly.

I am currently in Germany until Monday, June 5th, but please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we can start making arrangements. The first step will be to pick some dates that might be convenient for your members, as well as the Porsche technical personnel who will join us from Germany.

On behalf of everyone here at Porsche, we thank you for your passion and loyalty, and we wish you many happy miles in your very special Porsche vehicles. I am looking forward to meeting you.
Who is the VP who replied to you?

PM the name if you prefer.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:58 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow, couldn't have asked for a more positive response.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:12 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,708 Likes on 2,685 Posts

Nice going, Rob! And glad to see Porsche respond in a reasonable and positive way.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Congratulations, Rob. Good first step!

Originally Posted by Guest89
Who is the VP who replied to you?
My guess is...

http://press.porsche.com/more_about/executives/

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Rob ,Well done and major congrats at succeeding in the first step of looking after us , as well Many

THANKS for solely taking this on with such determination !!!

Quick Reply: Concerned Owners Group: Meeting In Atlanta