mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

oh car content for not cal
burlingame aka rector parts dept
sent me wrong headlight and grille 4x
its not rocket science
we located the correct part for them and provided info to them ( strange how i can locate it but official
dealer cannot, I guess my IQ is higher?? ). anyways I gave them benefit of the doubt and let them order from
the east coast dealer. I instructed them OVERNIGHT (bc I waited 2 weeks with 4 wrong parts they sent and I already paid for ) guess what.... monday order friday arrival. i guess OVERNIGHT has many meaning ....

oh sonnen and fremont porche will match rector prices. so I don’t see any reason to work with them ... do u?
Old 05-20-2019, 12:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Suncoast. Worth the few extra bucks over other discounters for better service.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:04 AM
Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
oh car content for not cal
burlingame aka rector parts dept
sent me wrong headlight and grille 4x
its not rocket science
we located the correct part for them and provided info to them ( strange how i can locate it but official
dealer cannot, I guess my IQ is higher?? ). anyways I gave them benefit of the doubt and let them order from
the east coast dealer. I instructed them OVERNIGHT (bc I waited 2 weeks with 4 wrong parts they sent and I already paid for ) guess what.... monday order friday arrival. i guess OVERNIGHT has many meaning ....

oh sonnen and fremont porche will match rector prices. so I don’t see any reason to work with them ... do u?
I prefer Sunset Porsche ....For the win
Old 05-20-2019, 01:05 AM
Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
No need to remove hardware unless it's causing pain/irritation.
Hey Joe
With that hardware in there can he still get an MRI ?
Best
Ed
Old 05-20-2019, 11:11 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto
Hey Joe
With that hardware in there can he still get an MRI ?
Best
Ed
No he can't.. and My company is working on helping patients like this.. we have created a miniature 1.4mm high definition camera on the tip of a needle.. you can do minimally invasive arthroscopies with it when MRI is not an option or is inconclusive. Total shameless promotion and off-topic but.. had to mention in case any orthos on here are interested.

Took kite-foiling lessons on Friday for the first time.. a humbling experience for sure, I face-planted hard into the water more times than I can count.. even as a decent kite-boarder, trying to learn how to manage a full-on wing underneath you while a kite is pulling you requires some serious control. This sport will take me a long time to learn.

End result after getting out of the water was that my Body felt like it was beat up into little pieces all weekend, but I pushed through and went for a bike ride yesterday... hamstrings super tight, lower back scheming.. seriously painful but worth it. hoping to share how amazing the bicycles rides are around these parts, Here are Some pics of the spectacular riding scenery (because pics are always more fun than words...)
Name:  photo457.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  143.2 KBName:  photo190.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  895.0 KBName:  photo643.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  727.4 KBName:  photo875.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  1.15 MBName:  photo138.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  880.9 KBName:  photo267.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  1.02 MBName:  photo524.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  1.30 MBName:  photo14.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  1.60 MB
Old 05-20-2019, 11:25 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
No he can't.. and My company is working on helping patients like this.. we have created a miniature 1.4mm high definition camera on the tip of a needle.. you can do minimally invasive arthroscopies with it when MRI is not an option or is inconclusive. Total shameless promotion and off-topic but.. had to mention in case any orthos on here are interested.
Sorry, but that's false. You absolutely can get an MRI with a metallic bone implant. Stainless steel will generate metal artifact on MRI images which will diminish their utility (but is not unsafe). Ti plates should not cause this issue.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:08 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Not an expert here but have a question. What's the upside in leaving the metal in there anyway? Aren't bones supposed to grow back to their previous strength over time, thus making the metal support obsolete?
Old 05-20-2019, 01:38 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Not an expert here but have a question. What's the upside in leaving the metal in there anyway? Aren't bones supposed to grow back to their previous strength over time, thus making the metal support obsolete?
There is no 'upside' per se. You are correct. Once the bone has healed, the implant has fulfilled its purpose. But removal entails additional unnecessary risk: another anesthetic, another incision, another chance to get an infection or injure a nerve. Also removal of a plate/screws make the bone susceptible to fracture through the screwholes until those have filled in. In general, unless it's causing pain/loss of function, it's infected, or it's impeding normal growth (kids), leave it in.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:13 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by bonehead
There is no 'upside' per se. You are correct. Once the bone has healed, the implant has fulfilled its purpose. But removal entails additional unnecessary risk: another anesthetic, another incision, another chance to get an infection or injure a nerve. Also removal of a plate/screws make the bone susceptible to fracture through the screwholes until those have filled in. In general, unless it's causing pain/loss of function, it's infected, or it's impeding normal growth (kids), leave it in.
Thanks for explaining that Ed 👍
Old 05-20-2019, 02:35 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Ed, thx for the explanation. Makes sense. I'm assuming these metal structures could also be designed with the specific intention in mind. The ones meant to stay could be optimized for maximum support, and those meant to be taken out could optimized for BOTH sufficient support AND ease of extraction after the bone grows back?
Old 05-20-2019, 05:10 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Calexio: Was out on Hawk Hill yesterday. We got so lucky with the weather. It turned out beautiful. That descent down the backside in the wet is hairy though.
Old 05-20-2019, 06:34 PM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by wru
Mooty I thought you were done with that muc off junk!

jono, depends how mad it is. I had it about 5 years ago and got one of those rockers to stretch the calf all the way down - that seemed to be the best thing to help it along with rest. ...Link
Ah i have one of those already! It's definitely feeling better but still experiencing a bit of "creaking" that i think is the outer sheath running up/down the tendon. Feels like sand paper on sandpaper but actually doesnt really hurt too bad.

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Jono, dumb question but were you ever properly fit on your bike?
I've spent almost as much on fitting as I have on bikes. I've never had this happen, but think when i swapped shoes I just didnt take enough care with the cleat placement, then did 300mi in 3 days and poof - tendinitis.

Originally Posted by wru
What lubricant & degreaser do you guys use?

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Calexio: Was out on Hawk Hill yesterday. We got so lucky with the weather. It turned out beautiful. That descent down the backside in the wet is hairy though.
CAalexio - we met outside B-Patisserie once. I've got some great SF based riding groups if you ever wanna tag along. I think a monthly RL inspired ride out of SF wouldnt be such a bad thing!
Old 05-20-2019, 07:38 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Well, that amount of riding with something off will magnify any discrepancies. Ouch!

A monthly SF ride would be awesome...you'll just have to slow down a bit for us old farts
Old 05-20-2019, 08:14 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
Ed, thx for the explanation. Makes sense. I'm assuming these metal structures could also be designed with the specific intention in mind. The ones meant to stay could be optimized for maximum support, and those meant to be taken out could optimized for BOTH sufficient support AND ease of extraction after the bone grows back?
Stable fixation is one of the primary goals of fracture fixation along with restoration of anatomy, preservation of blood supply and early mobilization. I'm sounding like an ortho textbook. You can delve deeper and look up Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen/Association for the Study of Internal Fixation, i.e. AO, Principles of Internal Fixation if you want to geek out on your own

Implant design in part takes into consideration the possible need for subsequent removal but never at the cost of compromising osteosynthesis.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

wow lots of ortho here.
if I only knew, my wife wouldn't need to have her ankle butchered 3x and OATS fixed it on the 4th surgery.....

thanks "bonehead" !

MONTHLY RL INSPIRED RIDE is great.
no need to set records and no drop rides.
I don't really care about the route but pls make sure we will visit good food stations.

6/2/19 I am dong sequoia with J9277655
so any time after that we can set up RL rides...

I will volunteer ChrisF to map it.
bc if you all followed me, we will end up in Tiajuana as I have no idea how to read a map.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches