Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Old 12-31-2017, 06:19 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Too much snow cover around my neck of the woods to do any last minute riding. I need some sun to work it's magic.
Thanks guys for the advice on the Trek vs Pinarello comparison's.
Some of my best winter rides are fat bike on groomed snowmobile trails and I suspect you have plenty of those. Winter fat biking is a whole different world and a hoot to boot.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:40 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Need to get a fat bike
Old 12-31-2017, 10:06 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No fat bike for me either, but does sound interesting.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

LOVE THIS THREAD. not sure who started it.
BUT the ppl in here are having fun
the ppl outside this thread are... well.... trying to heel/toe and confusing it with rev matching and some even heel and toe every shift...
i just let my box grind, i stopped using the clutch.. it's faster just bang the gears. when it breaks, i sell the car...
damn, the secrete is out. thats why i dont keep cars long. the clutch and gearbox are done...,

NIZER, MOVE from wherever u are living.
that's a lot of strange white substance on the ground.
come to CA. it's way nicer...

Originally Posted by tasman
Too icy on roads here to ride and temps single to below with wind chills 15-30 below

As Nizer said layer. Sweat management is usually my biggest issue. Still haven't found the best venting clothing
i dont understand the tempoerarture you ppl are talking about. i prolly die before 30*F.
but get some base layer, they make big difference in sweat control and not all baselayer are the same.
i had many of them, only assos and rapha now. yes, $$$$$$$$$$$ but they work

Originally Posted by basil2000
i would ride both. i have a pinarello and the ride is amazing. i also was looking at the trek and was going to buy it until i rode the pinarello. the trek was much lighter but it was not as smooth as the pinarello. I'm not sold on disk for the road but mountain and cross its a must.
beside canyon i tried all in the last 24 moths.
i like two, sworks SL6 and pinarello F10. want to try urgestalt by LWT.
F10 is really really good.
and if u fit, try the latest Tarmac Pro. it's the same frame as Sworks but runs ultegra i think only $6000 full bike. the UltraLight is not just a S work with lighter paint. it's got SECRETS but i am not suppose to discuss it.

Originally Posted by RajDatta
Since it's a value thread , I would suggest Pinarello Dogma f10 disc as it would have a better resale value. I would strongly recommend disc as that is the future. With the newer bikes, there is hardly a weight disadvantage with discs.
how dare you mention resale...
so, steel or pccb rotors if i want to maximize my resale potential?
my next bike schedule june 2018 will be a disc, either F1o or sworks

Okay, here's my bike choices, I've narrowed it down to two. Trek Emonda SLR 9 (possibly disc) or Pinarello F10 XL. Anyone with any experience with these two? Thank you in advance.
the trek and pina feels very differnt one ride will tell you what you like. i know you are half my wt. but F10XL is more money and very very little wt saving. get the F10 forget XL
Old 01-01-2018, 12:33 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

since i "earned" it. i made my kids clean the house so i can go ride today.... so nice being dad.
last ride of the year
i realizaed many are concerned with cars and bikes mixed together.
most of my rides are like this route. not many cars.
but you might hit cows, cow dung, horses, pigs and sometime lamas....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

YTD 12/31/17

today's ride, last one for 2017

you see the tree on upper right? i am climbing up toward it

strava made this i think last week i think

most my rides on on roads like this. not much traffic if at all
Old 01-01-2018, 12:36 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Amazing numbers Mr H. I hope to be able to be in the zip code next Yr. To 2018
Old 01-01-2018, 01:12 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 887 Likes on 335 Posts

I moved here from SoCal back in 2012. It really is heaven especially if you love cars and bikes
Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Doesn't it hurt to breathe as it gets colder and colder below 32 degrees?
Old 01-01-2018, 01:20 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
You definitely work harder due to colder denser air. It's good training for better weather
It's like training up in the mountains for marathons.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by RajDatta
You definitely work harder due to colder denser air. It's good training for better weather
It's like training up in the mountains for marathons.
I'm soft, I get cold when it gets below 50 but I do love those cold crisp track days in the winter. haha
Old 01-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
LOVE THIS THREAD. not sure who started it.
BUT the ppl in here are having fun
the ppl outside this thread are... well.... trying to heel/toe and confusing it with rev matching and some even heel and toe every shift...
i just let my box grind, i stopped using the clutch.. it's faster just bang the gears. when it breaks, i sell the car...
damn, the secrete is out. thats why i dont keep cars long. the clutch and gearbox are done...,

come to CA. it's way nicer...i dont understand the tempoerarture you ppl are talking about. i prolly die before 30*F.
but get some base layer, they make big difference in sweat control and not all baselayer are the same.
i had many of them, only assos and rapha now. yes, $$$$$$$$$$$ but they workbeside canyon i tried all in the last 24 moths.
and if u fit, try the latest Tarmac Pro. it's the same frame as Sworks but runs ultegra i think only $6000 full bike. the UltraLight is not just a S work with lighter paint. it's got SECRETS but i am not suppose to discuss it.how dare you mention resale...
so, steel or pccb rotors if i want to maximize my resale potential?
my next bike schedule june 2018 will be a disc, either F1o or sworksthe trek and pina feels very differnt one ride will tell you what you like. i know you are half my wt. but F10XL is more money and very very little wt saving. get the F10 forget XL
Okay - that one had me LOL. Literally snorted.
Old 01-01-2018, 03:13 AM
jj99c2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

beside canyon i tried all in the last 24 moths.
and if u fit, try the latest Tarmac Pro. it's the same frame as Sworks but runs ultegra i think only $6000 full bike. the UltraLight is not just a S work with lighter paint. it's got SECRETS but i am not suppose to discuss it.
Huge year riding mooty - congratulations!

Curious what is different on the UltraLight? I like mine, but thought it was just the thin paint between it and regular S Works?
Old 01-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,718 Likes on 912 Posts

come to CA. it's way nicer...
Working on it. A couple more years but not sure it'll be Cali.

strava made this i think last week i think
So close to 10....

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Nope. Ski industry would be out of business if it did.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, here's my bike choices, I've narrowed it down to two. Trek Emonda SLR 9 (possibly disc) or Pinarello F10 XL. Anyone with any experience with these two? Thank you in advance.
Hi,
I haven't ridden either of these bikes but since my local shop is a Trek dealer I looked at the Emonda SLR9 but discovered because the integrated seat post the bike frame won't fit into my travel case. I am assuming you want to take your new bike to Europe this summer so make sure this is not an issue. I think you will be on a smaller frame from what I remember but check this out.
When I went to Europe last summer I expected to see many riders on disc brake bikes but found just the opposite. There are very few riders there, from my observation that use disc brakes. A 2-edged sword as I see it, disc brakes are better in wet conditions but there is a weight penality. On a 12 KM col at 7%, that adds up.
I have been riding a rim brake Canyon Ultimate CF SLX with eTap for 3 years now (helps to have a good friend at SRAM who set me up with a pre-production drivetrain) and this is best bike I have ever ridden. I am in no hurry to go to disc brakes even though I love riding in the mountains.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:16 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian 96C2
Hi,
I haven't ridden either of these bikes but since my local shop is a Trek dealer I looked at the Emonda SLR9 but discovered because the integrated seat post the bike frame won't fit into my travel case. I am assuming you want to take your new bike to Europe this summer so make sure this is not an issue. I think you will be on a smaller frame from what I remember but check this out.
When I went to Europe last summer I expected to see many riders on disc brake bikes but found just the opposite. There are very few riders there, from my observation that use disc brakes. A 2-edged sword as I see it, disc brakes are better in wet conditions but there is a weight penality. On a 12 KM col at 7%, that adds up.
I have been riding a rim brake Canyon Ultimate CF SLX with eTap for 3 years now (helps to have a good friend at SRAM who set me up with a pre-production drivetrain) and this is best bike I have ever ridden. I am in no hurry to go to disc brakes even though I love riding in the mountains.
Would love to pick your brain on the Canyon. I am looking at Canyon CF SLX disc but have to wait till feb as they are backordered. I considered taking the Sram Etap but just can't get myself to go back to Sram after switching to Shimano.
Ironically, the disc bike will not be available on the top of the line DA and only as an Ultegra or as an ETap. Very excited about the bike. I also have a 2016 Cervelo R5 that will be used for hills and mixing rides. Where I live, it's primarily flat so the Canyon would work great in getting some additional speed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches