Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

 
Old 01-01-2019, 10:48 PM
  #2761  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,470
Default

Originally Posted by Maverick787 View Post


looks like nice touring parked over on the curb(:
that pos is for sale.
no seriously.
it's Parked on the curb b/c I don't like it to dirty my garage.
you are a buyer?
mooty is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 11:14 PM
  #2762  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,363
Default

Is it the same as one in the classified? Not a buyer, but I am trying to track all the PTS Tourings.
evilfij is offline  
Old 01-01-2019, 11:21 PM
  #2763  
Maverick787
Super User
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,648
Default

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
that pos is for sale.
no seriously.
it's Parked on the curb b/c I don't like it to dirty my garage.
you are a buyer?
im good man ..more cars than I can drive now. Looks good from a distance sure you can sell easily
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:35 AM
  #2764  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,470
Default

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Is it the same as one in the classified? Not a buyer, but I am trying to track all the PTS Tourings.
Originally Posted by Maverick787 View Post


im good man ..more cars than I can drive now. Looks good from a distance sure you can sell easily
yes in classified, it's not mine.
good buddy of mine owns the car.
lots of chatter, no one cuts the check.
he has more patience than I.,
mooty is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 03:02 AM
  #2765  
Spyerx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spyerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,302
Default

Drove the T. Makes about 600 miles in 2 weeks. Solid car.
Top of snake mulholland. Burned out.
Unfortunatlely the lack of brush holding the soil together means lots of rocks on the roads
need to stick to the bigger roads for now. Or to south part of the canyons. Sad really



Spyerx is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:48 AM
  #2766  
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sampelligrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,216
Default

^ yep a bummer, only had the pleasure of driving Mulholland/the snake recently and many of the other canyon roads that are part of that network. Haven't been back since the Woosley fire due to concern with debris on roads/condition so just been driving ACH and the PCH for now nearby. Has me thinking about Decker/Encinal/Stunt/Piuma and the awesome one way down off Stunt that I forgot the name
sampelligrino is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:08 PM
  #2767  
Spyerx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spyerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,302
Default

Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
^ yep a bummer, only had the pleasure of driving Mulholland/the snake recently and many of the other canyon roads that are part of that network. Haven't been back since the Woosley fire due to concern with debris on roads/condition so just been driving ACH and the PCH for now nearby. Has me thinking about Decker/Encinal/Stunt/Piuma and the awesome one way down off Stunt that I forgot the name
Yeah, mulholland past kanan is a mess, decker is closed, the bridge on mulholland near old place basically burned down and is closed.
Encinal was OK.
My usual loop is Las Flores to Piuma to Las virgines to mulholland Encinal to PCH.

I think if you stay on the west/south side of Latigo the roads are OK.
Las flores to piuma to las virgens to mulholland east to stunt back to piuma would make a nice loop.

Oh well, picked up a bunch of stone chips :-) but worth it!
Spyerx is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 12:44 PM
  #2768  
sampelligrino
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sampelligrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 2,216
Default

Nice to hear that some of the roads are still open and drivable, thanks for the update

Hoping that we see regrowth sooner than later and the area's beautiful scenery/vegetation returns, loved to stop and get out the car to soak in the views

I'll plan on checking out your suggest route sometime soon, I think my route was Encinal/Mulholland/Stunt/Tuna Canyon (or Piuma) back to PCH and man was that a slice of heaven. Might as well put the PPF to good use since it cost me more than a Rolex sub...lol
sampelligrino is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 05:11 PM
  #2769  
simonstorey
User
 
simonstorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by Spyerx View Post
Yeah, mulholland past kanan is a mess, decker is closed, the bridge on mulholland near old place basically burned down and is closed.
Encinal was OK.
My usual loop is Las Flores to Piuma to Las virgines to mulholland Encinal to PCH.

I think if you stay on the west/south side of Latigo the roads are OK.
Las flores to piuma to las virgens to mulholland east to stunt back to piuma would make a nice loop.

Oh well, picked up a bunch of stone chips :-) but worth it!
Angeles Crest is as good as ever.
DM me if you want a drive with another 964!
simonstorey is offline  
Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 PM
  #2770  
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 38,470
Default

16x miles today
same roads
totally different experience than cgt

why i like long hood ... when I take friends out in 991RS, we smile and talk

in 997RS no smile just talk

in 996GT3, silence

in long hood, they are visibly nervous and looking for handles and straps to grab on. I think they are scared. hell im scared too .

enjoy ur ride, whatever it may be ....




mooty is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 02:06 AM
  #2771  
mclaudio
User
 
mclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 732
Default

Have owned every 911 series until 991.

First visited this forum to consider 991s.

Staying because of this thread.

Can validate that my sold hot rod/race longhood is one I would own again.

Perhaps a bit contrarian, but a Mezger 996 is my Goldilocks street 911.

mclaudio is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 02:42 AM
  #2772  
Spyerx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Spyerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,302
Default

Originally Posted by mclaudio View Post
Have owned every 911 series until 991.

First visited this forum to consider 991s.

Staying because of this thread.

Can validate that my sold hot rod/race longhood is one I would own again.
Perhaps a bit contrarian, but a Mezger 996 is my Goldilocks street 911.
Nothing wrong with a 996gt3!

Originally Posted by simonstorey View Post
Angeles Crest is as good as ever.
DM me if you want a drive with another 964!
Is there ice or snow before the big parking lot after newcombs?
Spyerx is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 11:09 AM
  #2773  
hf1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
hf1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 4,748
Default

Originally Posted by mclaudio View Post
Perhaps a bit contrarian, but a Mezger 996 is my Goldilocks street 911.
Originally Posted by Spyerx View Post
Nothing wrong with a 996gt3!
It combines all the best parts from all 911ĺs ever made.
hf1 is offline  
Old 01-03-2019, 04:05 PM
  #2774  
simonstorey
User
 
simonstorey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 175
Default

Originally Posted by Spyerx View Post

Is there ice or snow before the big parking lot after newcombs?
Sorry can't recall.
The snow levels change rapidly up there anyway...
simonstorey is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 11:01 AM
  #2775  
TYPE911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TYPE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 586
Default

Rolling with an air-cooled, Signal Orange theme, here are a few shots from last year, Orange Crush & Marlena the Bug. California car all it's life, Lotus white 1967 Beetle. Air-cooled VW was the gateway
for me to air-cooled Porsche and beyond.
Anyone else still have one?





TYPE911 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: