991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Old 11-20-2018, 12:06 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

I just ate 8 of these. Best donuts in the tri-state.

Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd

I just ate 8 of these. Best donuts in the tri-state.

does look crazy good
Old 11-20-2018, 12:36 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 11-20-2018, 12:43 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Mmm,mmm,m. Donuts
Old 11-20-2018, 01:13 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
keith
i’m a very appreciative person. nov is thanksgiving month and dec is xmas month no one works.

oct is candy month
sept is mooty birth month.
I don’t work in q4

woejong in summer months is criminal

gt2 is CJ customer’s. kudos for flogging it

private day was not publicized here bc I got tired herding sheep’s and listening to excuses.

new trackday : send me money now. i’ll let u know when and where to go . so much easier.
I like the work logic.

Did you wheel any of the GT2s between the Spark sessions? Spark reminds me of a time seeing a rental Lancer at Buttonwillow.

Seems like a reasonable deal for future private days...
Old 11-20-2018, 01:25 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

“oba oba” sandwich. chicken with raisin

organic ice cream negative cal lowers cholesterol

FASTMD...
jist for u.
cheeseboard corn pizza. if you ever near berkeley ca. this is it

chheabord co op
Sunday bread
zampano
butter insanely good
baguette
cherry scone

brazilian shack off university ave
who would know chicken wirh raisin would be habit forming for 30 years
Nice, Brazil Cafe and Cheeseboard are classics. Also fun to get Boba across the street before/after Ici. Sugar+caffeine work wonders. Have you tried http://emiliaspizzeria.com/ ?
Old 11-20-2018, 02:06 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

tried that; excellent, but I still like the corn pizza at cheeseboard best.

that new boba acroos street from brazil used to be a copymat. I spend long hours there with $$$ color
machines doing my apps and portfolio to MArch

good old days
Old 11-20-2018, 02:44 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk
I like the work logic.
Did you wheel any of the GT2s between the Spark sessions? Spark reminds me of a time seeing a rental Lancer at Buttonwillow.
Seems like a reasonable deal for future private days...

hahha. We were trading notes with the driver of that thing earlier. Lol
Old 11-20-2018, 08:48 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I demo'd the Blur a few weeks ago and really liked it. Demo had a dropper which I liked. If I didn't already have a gravel bike, I would buy a Blur. So damn fast and so good climbing. Defintely a little overbuilt. I think you could get one to the high teens, weight wise if they tried.

Marin/Bay Area is heaven for cyclists. I only started riding a few years ago but making up for lost time. Have been on a bike buying binge since last year. So much good riding just not enough time. If/when you come back, would love to show you all the good riding. The road stuff is epic. Same down in mooty's neck of the woods.

For MTB's I've tried a ton of bikes: Yeti SB100 (XC bike, 100mm travel; if you like XC you should demo this); SC Blur, SC Hightower (do all 140mm); SC 5010 (130mm 27.5; did not like 27.5), SC Tallboy (110mm); Trek Fuel EX (130mm). Down to the Tallboy or the Fuel. Tallboy is a bit stiffer and really good on climbs and very good. I owned a Fuel previously and it has a magic suspension. On trail it's like the Tallboy. On full open, it's like riding a magic carpet. You can go over anything and not feel it. Just trying to figure out which I like more. The fact that I can't ride is making the decision harder.
Thank you for your input on all the demos. Yeas, I think I am bit biased towards the short travels by my better half who rides the Orbea Oiz and just loves it. I may encourage her bike indulgences just a bit as "offset" P-Cars... ;-) Sounds like your choice on Tallboy and Fuel are both good ones. Good luck with final selection. Would love to go for a ride next time out.

What gravel bike did you go for? We asked to see the Stigmata while at Santa Cruz. It looks very nice. They don't run them in the demo fleet, so haven't had a chance to ride it.

Old 11-20-2018, 11:42 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

I ended up with the Stigmata as my entry into the SC world. I too tried to demo it but was told the same. Finally found one locally and took a quick spin on it. Super stiff and solid. Really like it a lot and now will serve as my backup road bike when Tarmac is in the shop. I just swap on a set of Enve 3.4's and it's good to go. Tried a lot of the other gravel bikes including the Diverge but all felt soft and floppy. The Stigmata just felt better to me.

(gratuitous Porsche content behind bike)

Old 11-20-2018, 01:21 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Looks great in Gloss Sunset! Glad you like it. Yes, eyeing that. Looks like in pic you went w/ front derailleur vs a 1x setup?

The Pivot Vault also looks great. And ran across the Ibis Hakka in a shop window in Santa Cruz next to Lupolo Craft Beer House -- which also has smashing food.

I sooo could have used the Stigmata at Col de Tende on our recent Euro Delivery trip. 48 switchbaks, with the last 4 km on gravel. It was awesome. I brought an old bike with me for the ED trip. It was on 23 tires and made both the descent and climb on the gravel, um, adventurous, but loved every minute. Including the cobbles at St. Gotthard pass.

I gave the bike to the bell hop at the Steigenberger hotel in Munich when we left. He seemed super stoked.

Nothing wrong with gratuitous RS background.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:11 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fbroen
Looks great in Gloss Sunset! Glad you like it. Yes, eyeing that. Looks like in pic you went w/ front derailleur vs a 1x setup?

The Pivot Vault also looks great. And ran across the Ibis Hakka in a shop window in Santa Cruz next to Lupolo Craft Beer House -- which also has smashing food.

I sooo could have used the Stigmata at Col de Tende on our recent Euro Delivery trip. 48 switchbaks, with the last 4 km on gravel. It was awesome. I brought an old bike with me for the ED trip. It was on 23 tires and made both the descent and climb on the gravel, um, adventurous, but loved every minute. Including the cobbles at St. Gotthard pass.

I gave the bike to the bell hop at the Steigenberger hotel in Munich when we left. He seemed super stoked.

Nothing wrong with gratuitous RS background.
Good eye. Went with the 2x setup and swapped out the Ultegra crank for DA PM crank. My CX buddy recommended sticking with 2x for double duty since it has greater gearing range and I won't be doing any crazy offroad stuff with that bike. That's what the MTB will be for.

Pivot Vault was on my shortlist but the weight ended up disqualifying it. I think it's about 2lbs heavier than the Stig.

Great pics! Would love to do that. Hoping for Dolomites next year with mooty and others. 23c on gravel is definitely brave.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:18 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Good eye. Went with the 2x setup and swapped out the Ultegra crank for DA PM crank. My CX buddy recommended sticking with 2x for double duty since it has greater gearing range and I won't be doing any crazy offroad stuff with that bike. That's what the MTB will be for.

Pivot Vault was on my shortlist but the weight ended up disqualifying it. I think it's about 2lbs heavier than the Stig.

Great pics! Would love to do that. Hoping for Dolomites next year with mooty and others. 23c on gravel is definitely brave.
All thought out. 2lbs is significant! I like the idea of Leichtbau!

Do the Dolomites for sure. Absolutely fantastic biking. We are already scheming to go back. A few pics of Sella Ronda here, if interested:_www.instagram.com/p/Bo7iQezBHrP/
View this post on Instagram

We are thinking about doing the Sella Ronda "triple crown" roadbike, mountainbike, and ski/snowboard.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:38 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 11-22-2018, 05:33 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Happy Thanksgiving all! (gratuitous smoked turkey in progress)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches