just got back, let's discuss value of porsches

Old 07-26-2018, 01:48 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^
krenzel
Just googled Krenzle power washer. Darn, what does that thing do at 10x the price of a Sun Joe? Foot massage?
Old 07-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
krenzel
i have many foam cannon. the foam gun matters less than pressure washer.
most ppl dont use the cannon right. fill it with car wash soap 2x of what they tell you. fill 1/2 of the bottle of your foam cannon. do NOT EVER fill the whole bottle with water. you need 1/2 of it with air. then you get lots foam.
pls paypal me $100 for consulting fee.
ah. saw that Obsessed Garage is also a Kranzle guy. guess i'm not quite that obse$$ed.
will def give the double soap + half filled bottle a try though.
if better results, then payment in form of pastries and other food items is possible.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:43 PM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek RS
Mooty what's your opinion on Rapha clothing... My friend keeps bugging me to get some

So of course Mooty is telling you that the best gear has smores and cheesburger patterns on it. This is to be expected.

However..... I think the absolute BEST kit i've purchased has been from a company called Q36.5 . The head of product from Assos has left and begun this as his own business. From a quality perspective it really cannot be beat.

Actually, a close friend is the head of product design at Giro and will tell you the same thing. This guy at Q36.5 spares no expense. https://www.q36-5.com/

The other stuff that I think is super, super cool is PAS Normal. https://www.pasnormalstudios.com/

I just got bibs and jersey from their Mechanism line. The jersey runs super small so order a size up but the bib sizing is spot on. Its super cool looking too in my opinion:

I've got Assos and Rapha stuff as well. Assos is definitely nicer quality than Rapha, but i dont like their style. The two companies above are my favorite by far.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:21 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

no food pics. Outside London. Windsor for work meetings. Chips are good tho! Had a great steak/ale pie! Lol
Beer is choice. BIG pints.
Meetings done, tomorrow see castle or maybe drink more pints
Wife comes here, we eat some black and white pudding for breakfast
Then head home
Its HOT here. People are dying. Low 90s. The English look miserable, i find it sort of normal.
Wife doesn’t want to leave Madrid. Need to live there for a while.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 875 Likes on 334 Posts

It definitely sucks here at the moment (London). Temps and humidity are on the rough side for a NorCal convert. At least Barcelona has cycling...and Iberrico Belotta.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:13 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
+1 for Assos and Pedal Mafia. I know Rapha makes great stuff but just not a fan of the brand or image.
u dont like rapha's nice blond models.... got it

Originally Posted by tonsoframen
I sell these and also use it regularly, gotta say that the egg is hands down on of the best consumer grills on the market, period.
ah... i will provide GT3 info if u send me egg

Originally Posted by hf1
Just googled Krenzle power washer. Darn, what does that thing do at 10x the price of a Sun Joe? Foot massage?
spyerx, chrisF, and a few others know me well knows i BREAK THING. if it can be broken, i will break it in no time. i had that krenzel 5 years. no issue yet.
but others who are less abusive, can save some money getting other brands. they are also very good.

Originally Posted by Saru385
ah. saw that Obsessed Garage is also a Kranzle guy. guess i'm not quite that obse$$ed.
will def give the double soap + half filled bottle a try though.
if better results, then payment in form of pastries and other food items is possible.
arsicult in SF. one of everytibng.and dont forget the hot choclolate

Originally Posted by J9277655

However..... I think the absolute BEST kit i've purchased has been from a company called Q36.5 . The head of product from Assos has left and begun this as his own business. From a quality perspective it really cannot be beat.

Actually, a close friend is the head of product design at Giro and will tell you the same thing. This guy at Q36.5 spares no expense. https://www.q36-5.com/

The other stuff that I think is super, super cool is PAS Normal. https://www.pasnormalstudios.com/
will ck out Q36.5

Old 07-26-2018, 08:50 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Just got this shipment of the hottest pepper on earth for now ie Carolina Reaper(dried version). Thoughts?
Old 07-26-2018, 09:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

So who's watching Le Tour?

Cyclist vs soccer players.

Scroll to 3:30 after watching the first 20 secs:

And then there's soccer...er' football...

Last edited by Nizer; 07-26-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:20 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,266 Posts

^ hahhaha, yes indeed.
my isn't as dramatic, but after some coke, i am off to finish the remaining fifty some miles.

i forgot to get pic of my helmet, it was DENTED.
this was last year, i am good now whew

Old 07-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Just got this shipment of the hottest pepper on earth for now ie Carolina Reaper(dried version). Thoughts?
my co worker grows these. Use gloves, goggles, and ideally a separate knife and cutting board, wash utensils with throw away. The capsaicin in these is no joke.
Small amount. Like a piece in soup. Thats a LOT of peppers. I personally don’t like it, it’s hot, for hot sake, i don’t notice any flavor. Where habanero, while not nearly as hot, have a nice Smokey flavor. Hot for hot sake isn’t me.

Regarding Mooty’s power washer. I have a $100 power washer. He has a $1500 power washer or whatever it costs, I dunno. All I know is it’s QUIET, and POWERFUL and he’s had it for several years. Mine I replace every year LOL. And its loud. And not that powerful. But does job for me.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:34 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Spyerx, in terms of power the $150 Sun Joe is 2030psi vs Kranzle’s 1400psi, and from amazon reviews it doesn’t look like people replace them every year. Even if they did, the Kranzle would have to last 10yrs to break-even vs buying a brand new Sun Joe every year. For noise, use earplugs or ear-in headphones.

Never owned a power washer — I just drive my cars through a $6 touchless auto-wash after few drives and a full pro-detail once a year. May be in the market for one but still not sure if it’s worth the hassle vs my current “set-up”. I used to hand wash my cars with all the gear, towels, two-bucket method, trimmings, waxes, then just got tired of it for some reason. Now I just want to drive them.

Last edited by hf1; 07-27-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:05 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Spyerx, in terms of power the $150 Sun Joe is 2030psi vs Kranzle’s 1400psi, and from amazon reviews it doesn’t look like people replace them every year. Even if they did, the Kranzle would have to last 10yrs to break-even vs buying a brand new Sun Joe every year. For noise, use earplugs or ear-in headphones.

Never owned a power washer — I just drive my cars through a $6 touchless auto-wash after few drives and a full pro-detail once a year. May be in the market for one but still not sure if it’s worth the hassle vs my current “set-up”. I used to hand wash my cars with all the gear, towels, two-bucket method, trimmings, waxes, then just got tired of it for some reason. Now I just want to drive them.

lol plus one on touchless. There a few quick hand wash places her that I take my cars to once in awhile. After a full detail the cars look so clean you almost don’t want to drive, but something to say about a well driven car as well. My old cayenne GTS looks good but you can tell I use it, but it’s all battle I mean fun scars. Funny is one good detail and it would look showroom, that’s the fun in all of this tho.

True enthusiasts in this thread. People who actually use their cars!
Old 07-27-2018, 12:07 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Nowhere to post this without being thrown to the OT section. I think many here will be interested in this : the World smallest fire extinguisher. This is really cool!

Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx

my co worker grows these. Use gloves, goggles, and ideally a separate knife and cutting board, wash utensils with throw away. The capsaicin in these is no joke.
Small amount. Like a piece in soup. Thats a LOT of peppers. I personally don’t like it, it’s hot, for hot sake, i don’t notice any flavor. Where habanero, while not nearly as hot, have a nice Smokey flavor. Hot for hot sake isn’t me.

Regarding Mooty’s power washer. I have a $100 power washer. He has a $1500 power washer or whatever it costs, I dunno. All I know is it’s QUIET, and POWERFUL and he’s had it for several years. Mine I replace every year LOL. And its loud. And not that powerful. But does job for me.
I love the taste of Thai peppers but it could use more heat. If Carolina pepper is unflavored that would be awesome. Plan to do green papaya salad and kick in there reaper 😃
Old 07-27-2018, 11:00 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

Sambal for me...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches