Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

wildly custom powerhouse bike
Old 06-12-2018, 03:20 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by pranqster
House is 17 miles north of Fort Bragg California and about 28 miles north of Mendocino California.
Did you know your beer is even tastier aged? This is a 2013 waiting for the right day to open.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:58 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
^think u came to right place for OP
to guide you with 2 wheel ride
off topic pardon did u ever complete
that two wheeled build with a motor??
Off topic is my hobby of choice.

Yes! UNA is finished, took her to the Quail Motorcycle Gathering, and a magazine called Pipeburn is about to publish the exclusive on her. I've already put quite a few miles on her and got caught in a rainstorm where she was caked with mud in every possible crevice... it might take me 1-2 years to get that bike looking shiny again.

Super proud of this project... watching that unconventional front end bounce up and down while riding is a true joy.. knowing you've designed something which actually works as intended.. priceless experience.

if i weren't getting married next week, i'd use this machine for nefarious purposes... but alas... ;-D
Attached Images          

Last edited by CAlexio; 06-12-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:04 AM
Fast Doc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Off topic is my hobby of choice.

Yes! UNA is finished, took her to the Quail Motorcycle Gathering, and a magazine called Pipeburn is about to publish the exclusive on her. I've already put quite a few miles on her and got caught in a rainstorm where she was caked with mud in every possible crevice... it might take me 1-2 years to get that bike looking shiny again.

Super proud of this project... watching that unconventional front end bounce up and down while riding is a true joy.. knowing you've designed something which actually works as intended.. priceless.

Wow , what a stunning bike!

Those pipes look great, maybe you can give us a set for the new RS.

Willier are great bikes, but if you love Italian maybe Pinarello is for you.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:05 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey Congrats Alex
super engineered 2 wheeled coolness for sure . 2 fold
projects as such , for the excitement and challenges of the build then reaping miles of smiling rewarded
Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Congratulations for the bike, CAlexio.

And also for the event of next week
Old 06-12-2018, 08:31 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

two wheels with engine - now we are talking!

have to go again to CA.
stay a couple of days with my cousin in SantaCruz.
visiting the guy who sold me his ACR X.
meeting as many of you as i can.
cleaning mooty his cars. so the kids are able to have one day off.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:33 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
two wheels with engine - now we are talking!

have to go again to CA.
stay a couple of days with my cousin in SantaCruz.
visiting the guy who sold me his ACR X.
meeting as many of you as i can.
cleaning mooty his cars. so the kids are able to have one day off.
I'll come help you, let's do it on "no child labor - let them go to school" official day.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:18 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

Definitely get Mooty's input on Italian bikes. I think he's been through enough of them to have a POV. The Wilier bikes look really cool. Don't see too many here though (which may be the attraction).

Have you looked at the Trek Domane SLR, specialized Roubaix or Pinarello K8-S? All have Versions of suspension for off road comfort.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:21 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Definitely get Mooty's input on Italian bikes. I think he's been through enough of them to have a POV. The Wilier bikes look really cool. Don't see too many here though (which may be the attraction).

Have you looked at the Trek Domane SLR, specialized Roubaix or Pinarello K8-S? All have Versions of suspension for off road comfort.
^ Agree. I've heard good things about that Wilier but haven't ridden one. Another to add to the list above is the original in this category, Specialized Rubaix maybe best of the bunch. The K8-S (now K10 is out) has the suspension but isn't really endurance geo and is quite a bit lower in the front compared to the others. I believe it's the same or close to the F10 which is Pinarello's race bike.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:01 PM
J9277655
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 104 Posts

I think the GAN-RS from Pinarello is a bit more upright than the F10. I would check out the Canyon bikes too. If I didnt get the F10, I'd be seriously looking at a Canyon. I think they are some of the best looking bikes personally!
Old 06-12-2018, 04:25 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

It's funny about geo. I started to get serious with the Domane SLR which is very relaxed, upright and comfy. Rode it for several thousand miles before trying the Edmonda SLR which is race geo but not super aggressive. Learned to like that even better. Now on the Tarmac which is even more aggressive and find it even more comfortable on long rides than the Domane. It's like an E92 M3 now: too soft. Much like cars, our preferences change with more exposure. Just my experience and $.02
Old 06-12-2018, 04:26 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator

Did you know your beer is even tastier aged? This is a 2013 waiting for the right day to open.

Ah, finally someone that knows the meaning of Pranqster. I was at North Coast Brewing the night they tapped the first keg of high alcohol Pranqster. I believe I was the first to be cut off from having any more that night. North Coast is my favorite brewery and I have had many Old Stock Ales.

Cheers,

Pranqster
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisF
It's funny about geo. I started to get serious with the Domane SLR which is very relaxed, upright and comfy. Rode it for several thousand miles before trying the Edmonda SLR which is race geo but not super aggressive. Learned to like that even better. Now on the Tarmac which is even more aggressive and find it even more comfortable on long rides than the Domane. It's like an E92 M3 now: too soft. Much like cars, our preferences change with more exposure. Just my experience and $.02
in addition to geo many forget ride quality. tarmac now has 500 pieces of CF in there. theride is tunes. my SL5 was stifferbut not faster than the new sl6

itrek and giants are both good but u need to ride
rh
theu rode different.

willier ss a mid level bike. for same money trek giant and specialized all
have bettwr products

canyon is very stiff and fast. the riders on them are either really bad or I don’t bother trying to catch them. on a 20 min climb they beat me by 3-4 minits

storck is good roo but its handlinf ka strsnge ro
me. the only one I know who
rode it happens to
ne cat2 riders so cant be that bad

geo first
handking next
my cipo rb1k was really fast and twitchy. I eventually figured it how to be fast on it. others complained to so
they recoded the buke

ur age matters too
as well as how many miles u do.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:47 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

I love my Colnago C60 but not for everyone. I have the more relaxed of the 2 geometries. Many great bikes nowadays. Go ride some and you will get better idea. Trek and Specialized would be my picks but in Wisconsin everyone has a Trek for some reason (LOL). Had a specialized and just wanted to try something different.

Quick Reply: just got back, let's discuss value of porsches