Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:05 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Not knowing about.2, not many
Knowing about.2, none.
Most VIPs knew about the manual in the .2 GT3 long before anybody here did.

You guys think we buy cars because we are flippers? You do realize that the reason why VIPs are VIPs in Porsche's book is because we support Porsche with our hard earned $$$ in the past.

When everyone was writing off the 918, we put down 200K on deposit and bought the car. Some of us go way back to CGT and 959 days.

I still have a 993 GT2 that I bought 15 years ago when it was worth nothing, before all this air cooled craziness started to happen. 964RS? LOL, they were worth under 100K at one point.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz

You guys think we buy cars because we are flippers? You do realize that the reason why VIPs are VIPs in Porsche's book is because we support Porsche with our hard earned $$$ in the past.

When everyone was writing off the 918, we put down 200K on deposit and bought the car. Some of us go way back to CGT and 959 days.

I still have a 993 GT2 that I bought 15 years ago when it was worth nothing, before all this air cooled craziness started to happen. 964RS? LOL, they were worth under 100K at one point.
You're missing my point.

I never suggested any of you were flippers. Just that without its limited status, it's not that important a car. Don't be so defensive.

Edit: you don't have to justify your purchase or porsche history to anyone.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:12 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

but you may be the exception to the rule...you don't think most 918-er's flipped their RS, R, GT4 etc?
I assumed most 918-er's were just high enough on the food chain that Porsche didn't care what they did with their allocations as long as they could unload the 918
Old 05-17-2017, 09:18 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
You're missing my point.

I never suggested any of you were flippers. Just that without its limited status, it's not that important a car. Don't be so defensive.
I think you are missing my point. If the 911R wasn't limited, there wouldn't be all this backlash on Rennlist. People who wanted one couldn't get one and are now butt hurt. People who didn't care about the 911R and didn't wanted one, are also butt hurt about how their GT3/GT3RS is trading below what they paid for and the R is worth so much more. It's like the GT4, a brilliant car. Most VIPs bought one. Do you even care if VIPs bought a GT4? Of course not because you could buy one too if you wanted to.

So why has there been so many repeated threads on 911R bashing and market value? Because people are butt hurt about the hierarchy order that Porsche has created with the limited edition.

Let me tell you, this situation will not get better. More limited editions are coming and it will be like dejavu all over again.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

I think you are missing my point. If the 911R wasn't limited, there wouldn't be all this backlash on Rennlist. People who wanted one couldn't get one and are now butt hurt. People who didn't care about the 911R and didn't wanted one, are also butt hurt about how their GT3/GT3RS is trading below what they paid for and the R is worth so much more. It's like the GT4, a brilliant car. Most VIPs bought one. Do you even care if VIPs bought a GT4? Of course not because you could buy one too if you wanted to.

So why has there been so many repeated threads on 911R bashing and market value? Because people are butt hurt about the hierarchy order that Porsche has created with the limited edition.

Let me tell you, this situation will not get better. More limited editions are coming and it will be like dejavu all over again.
Don't involve me in the market discussion because I don't care. I buy the cars I want, when I want.

I'm not butt hurt about anything. I was just stating my opinion.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:57 AM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Sweet *** color! There I said it to your face!
Thank you..
Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
I'm an idiot and a genius then.

Well done!

Old 05-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time I read the title of this thread I think "geez somebody sure is angry they didn't get an R".
Old 05-18-2017, 02:37 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes more limited Editions (and maybe numbered) coming down the pipeline (e.g., GT2RS, etc.,) the VIPs put in the money to get the entitlement program. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. We all buy what we want and what we can afford. Most 918 owners are true Porsche-philes who supports the brand.

Originally Posted by Marvinta
Every time I read the title of this thread I think "geez somebody sure is angry they didn't get an R".
Bingo. As stated by many, how can one truthfully and to some degree be harsh in criticizing the 911R for what someone may have paid for at MSRP or even in excess of MSRP? A car that they have only seen in person maybe, and never drove a 911R. We buy things that make us happy, for the most part. I have not heard nor seen a 911R owner unhappy of their ownership.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 05-18-2017, 02:59 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

+1

I would love to own a 911R. Sounds like an amazing car.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:02 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Look its a cool car. But between a .2 GT3 manual, a .1 RS, and and 911r. For me it is RS>.2 GT3 manual>911R. Now if the .2 RS is manual than that clearly goes to numero uno.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Look its a cool car. But between a .2 GT3 manual, a .1 RS, and and 911r. For me it is RS>.2 GT3 manual>911R. Now if the .2 RS is manual than that clearly goes to numero uno.
Let's try to agree a peace settlement...(not just with you)

What you say is totally fine with me. It's a personal opinion.

For myself, I'd disagree, because the R is different in the ways I want it to be different - less grip, feels lighter, more agile, more
'Hot rod" than track car etc. It's not as quick, but I don't care. (I will care when it comes to the GT2RS...).

I don't give two hoots about being a 'VIP', as, in many ways, that's like being a hooker's favourite client. My r is not staying in the garage (c3000 miles already), because if my eventual prosperity relies on a relatively mass-produced 911, I will have failed with everything else! Putting miles on an R hopefully won't impact my life; not putting miles on would lessen it!

I'm not overly sensitive, it just p"sses me off when the random R generalisations appear frequently on here from people who haven't even driven them. Even worse when specific threads are started to facilitate the same old stuff.

For a lot of people, it is clearly the justified annoyance at Porsche translating into unjustified enmity towards the car and by extension its owners.

Jethro Bovingdon is contradictory and juvenile but at least he has the excuse of trying to get an audience!

It would be great if everyone else kept an open mind, and didn't just join, or instigate, the bandwagon (until such time as I don't get a GT2RS when it will become the crappiest car Porsche has ever made ;-)).
Old 05-18-2017, 06:11 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Footsoldier,never mind the noise,just enjoy the car. I'd love to have one! If one reads my signature without being familiar with my posts,they would think I'm butt hurt. I'm not. If one spends 500K on this car it means he's way smarter than me because he worked himself into that position and it probably won't " dent " his account much.
I have lost quite a bit of respect(of the little I had anyway) regarding Jethro. I don't see him sticking around for long if he continues down this path.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:01 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think some of you here don't get the point.
In mooty language.

an RS is an RS.
an R is an R.

GT3 is whatever compare to those 2. Don't care if .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 etc.

p.s

if you don't think so - look back of some of the comments of 991.1 gt3 owner comments to comments now that the 991.2 is out. completely 180 degree.
Rennlist members " oh the .1 will be the only 9,000 reving motor, classic, keeper, my kids , kids , kids , kids will keep it , collection, i don't care if blows up under my legs, i'll fix it, porsche will take care of me".
now most are running to every dealer to get a .2 and dumping .1 like a fire sale.

Very likely, no R in .2
If their is , very likely if you don't have one now - you won't get one then either at msrp.

me personally, i would take an R any day over a GT3. Between RS and R, well R is limited production, therefore that's the one i would take.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:16 PM
fun2k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
I think some of you here don't get the point.
In mooty language.

an RS is an RS.
an R is an R.

GT3 is whatever compare to those 2. Don't care if .1 .2 .3 .4 .5 .6 etc.

p.s

if you don't think so - look back of some of the comments of 991.1 gt3 owner comments to comments now that the 991.2 is out. completely 180 degree.
Rennlist members " oh the .1 will be the only 9,000 reving motor, classic, keeper, my kids , kids , kids , kids will keep it , collection, i don't care if blows up under my legs, i'll fix it, porsche will take care of me".
now most are running to every dealer to get a .2 and dumping .1 like a fire sale.

Very likely, no R in .2
If their is , very likely if you don't have one now - you won't get one then either at msrp.

me personally, i would take an R any day over a GT3. Between RS and R, well R is limited production, therefore that's the one i would take.
Anyone would take an R over a gt3 but would you pay an extra $350000 over a .2 manual gt3 in todays money?

Also jethro compares the pdk version with the R, im sure the manual will be somewhat different to drive due gearing,dual flywheel and mech diff setup.

Quick Reply: "If you paid this for a 911R-you are a f--xing idiot"