Old 05-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by fun2k
Next time you see an R drive by , shout "you f...xing idiot"
Driver "F.O jethro"
As if anyone would actually drive an R and kill the 'value'! LOL

Plus, who knows - maybe they paid MSRP and are a f&$%#ing genius!
Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
As if anyone would actually drive an R and kill the 'value'! LOL

Plus, who knows - maybe they paid MSRP and are a f&$%#ing genius!
I'm an idiot and a genius then.

Old 05-17-2017, 02:21 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Explain to me how the "driving experience" will differ.
"the R feels very different to a GT3 or GT3 RS. The steering is much lighter, and thanks to the new programme for the active rear-wheel steering, it feels faster, too. It’s super alert and almost nervous at first, while the ride is also more supple and the sense of locked-down invincibility is gone. Instead, the 911 R flows and bobs over the surface, with more of an old-school 911 vibe to it. You feel the peculiar weight distribution more keenly."
Old 05-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Footsoldier

Is yours gulf blue?
Old 05-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

"the R feels very different to a GT3 or GT3 RS. The steering is much lighter, and thanks to the new programme for the active rear-wheel steering, it feels faster, too. It’s super alert and almost nervous at first, while the ride is also more supple and the sense of locked-down invincibility is gone. Instead, the 911 R flows and bobs over the surface, with more of an old-school 911 vibe to it. You feel the peculiar weight distribution more keenly."
Let me preface this by stating the R at MSRP will serve the buyer well. Your R is beautiful.

I haven't driven it but the above quote confirms what I thought the car would be like. A throw back to the squirrelly days of the 911. It's no wonder that AP claimed that the R is not a track car. The car will attract Porschephiles who believe Porsche has lost it way with technology.

As for me, I like locked-down invincibility.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:01 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

in few words the R is technologically outdated
Old 05-17-2017, 07:35 PM
Reza
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The thing I don't like about this thread is that the people bashing the car have never even been in one. I don't own one, but my father does.

The car is flat out incredible. It's a classic case of the car being more than the sum of it's parts. The noise that the car makes inside the cabin with windows closed is honestly spiritual. The perspex windows amplifly the senses, so too does the single mass flywheel.

The in cabin noise is just different in it's own unique way. Oh and did I mention that the chassis displays incredible agility?

I have always been the person that lusts after the GT3RS and GT2 in your face looks (that will never change) - but there is something to be said for the 911R's aesthetics. It's proportions are just spot on; it's almost made me realise why so many people don't like the in your face look of typical GT Cars.

The rear is plenty wide, giving the car wonderful hips, the big wheels look stunning in Matte Silver and are tucked so far into the guards you know that the car means business. The side profile gives you the wonderful 911 silloutte that we all love (why else would we be on rennlist?), and then those of us astute porsche nuts just catch a glimpse of the Rear diffisuer; which in person looks absolutely fantastic.

And for those saying the 991.2 GT3 is a better car; I can probably just about guarantee that you would have a 73 RS over a 964 RS. The 964 RS is better technically in every way, but would it give you the same emotion that the 73RS invokes? Or does it represent a time in Porsches history that you identify yourself with?. All Porsches have played a part in the progression to get where we are today

Cars will always get better, and we are the lucky ones for that. I personally hope every single one of you buys the 991.2 GT3 in a manual so that in years to come when it might be possible for me to afford one second hand, I have a chance in hell of getting a 991.2 GT3 in manual. The worldwide indicators are showing that demand is around 30% or less for the manual - which I honestly think is a travesty. It should be greater than 50%

In the meantime, who gives a damn if you own a 911R, GT3 RS or a GT3 - just get the f*#k off your computer now, and go for a spirited drive. Don't ever forget how lucky you/we are to even get to be around these cars. People would kill to be in our position. Sorry for the rant, it's just the negativity and high school bitchyness we see on Rennlist sometimes that is a real shame and takes away from the cars.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:59 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

footsoldier,

Beautiful car. Way to drive the R like it should be driven. Good for you!
Old 05-17-2017, 08:06 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Sweet *** color! There I said it to your face!
Old 05-17-2017, 08:10 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Reza
The thing I don't like about this thread is that the people bashing the car have never even been in one. I don't own one, but my father does.

The car is flat out incredible. It's a classic case of the car being more than the sum of it's parts. The noise that the car makes inside the cabin with windows closed is honestly spiritual. The perspex windows amplifly the senses, so too does the single mass flywheel.

The in cabin noise is just different in it's own unique way. Oh and did I mention that the chassis displays incredible agility?

I have always been the person that lusts after the GT3RS and GT2 in your face looks (that will never change) - but there is something to be said for the 911R's aesthetics. It's proportions are just spot on; it's almost made me realise why so many people don't like the in your face look of typical GT Cars.

The rear is plenty wide, giving the car wonderful hips, the big wheels look stunning in Matte Silver and are tucked so far into the guards you know that the car means business. The side profile gives you the wonderful 911 silloutte that we all love (why else would we be on rennlist?), and then those of us astute porsche nuts just catch a glimpse of the Rear diffisuer; which in person looks absolutely fantastic.

And for those saying the 991.2 GT3 is a better car; I can probably just about guarantee that you would have a 73 RS over a 964 RS. The 964 RS is better technically in every way, but would it give you the same emotion that the 73RS invokes? Or does it represent a time in Porsches history that you identify yourself with?. All Porsches have played a part in the progression to get where we are today

Cars will always get better, and we are the lucky ones for that. I personally hope every single one of you buys the 991.2 GT3 in a manual so that in years to come when it might be possible for me to afford one second hand, I have a chance in hell of getting a 991.2 GT3 in manual. The worldwide indicators are showing that demand is around 30% or less for the manual - which I honestly think is a travesty. It should be greater than 50%

In the meantime, who gives a damn if you own a 911R, GT3 RS or a GT3 - just get the f*#k off your computer now, and go for a spirited drive. Don't ever forget how lucky you/we are to even get to be around these cars. People would kill to be in our position. Sorry for the rant, it's just the negativity and high school bitchyness we see on Rennlist sometimes that is a real shame and takes away from the cars.
love it ^^
Old 05-17-2017, 08:50 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my question. First, I must say I've never been in an R yet.
If the R was NOT a LE car and sold at msrp, how many VIP's would've bought it?
Old 05-17-2017, 08:55 PM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by richk
I am from same camp...anything i say on net I would say to your face. That said, I have wanted an R but the market is too rich for me. I am still hoping they come down.
I thought you had a 918? Porsche didn't offer you an R at MSRP?
Old 05-17-2017, 08:59 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 868 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Based on 2016 numbers, most VIPs would have bought the R anyways. Just like the GT4, GT3RS, Targa Porsche Exclusive edition, Boxster Spyder. Most VIPs have all of them anyways.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:00 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Not knowing about.2, not many
Knowing about.2, none.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:03 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Not knowing about.2, not many
Knowing about.2, none.
Exactly my thoughts.

Quick Reply: "If you paid this for a 911R-you are a f--xing idiot"