Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CQuartz Finest RESERVE, on a 911R, @ Shine Auto!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 08:44 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
The motor in my CGT is outdated too. I think it was made in the 90s, only to be benched and then reused again in 2004. By my count, it's over 25 years old!
We need to start an owners of cars with outdated motors support group. I'll bring the donuts.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side by side

Originally Posted by tqevo
Any side by sides of before/after on the film?
Unfortunately we do not have a side by side. The 911R had film on it before we applied the coating and it was super hard to capture the difference on camera. There is definitely a difference in glossiness!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:11 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Default Cquartz Reserve

Originally Posted by bronson7
Have C Quartz Finest on my .1gt3 and plan on getting it again with the Reserve on my .2gt3. I like the product, worth the price of admission, atleast for me.
You won't regret it! The first car we applied this coating to was a silver NSX. We did a couple panels side by side with coated and non-coated. Even on a silver car we could see a huge difference in glossiness!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:48 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Shine Auto Salon
Unfortunately we do not have a side by side. The 911R had film on it before we applied the coating and it was super hard to capture the difference on camera. There is definitely a difference in glossiness!
Thanks... I was also wondering if there's any value in applying coating underneath the film if you'll be applying it over the film anyway?
Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I heard there is a PPF out there now that already has a coating applied??? Would make sense if covering your whole car going this route now

Yeh- My Detailer has been testing the CQuartz Reserve. I believe he said it is more than Modesta. There comes a point when the laws of diminishing returns kick in.
If you haven't had a coating link this before or any first hand experience from someone who has then I would understand.

I have first evaluation on my GT3 and wash it about 1/3 or less than before. Most stuff blows off at 50 and just a light spray of water does a lot. Occasionally I will run though a touch-less wash (I know not rec-amended).

Sometimes I will get out my pressure washer and give it a good suds and a rinse. Cuts work time to keep your car looking like it just came from a detailer down to nothing. Even after a 200 mile day in the canyons just a lite rinse and all new again.

I would guess that your time is worth something? I like it so well that I took my wife's Range Rover in an had it done.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:27 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Default Cquartz and film

Thanks... I was also wondering if there's any value in applying coating underneath the film if you'll be applying it over the film anyway?
It is pointless to apply the ceramic coating and then apply the film. If we have someone wanting a combination of film and coating. We always polish and prep the surfaces that are getting clear bra. We then install the paint protection film onto the vehicle and apply the coating to the entire vehicle including the areas covered with clear bra! I hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Default Cquartz maintenance

Originally Posted by Sloopy
If you haven't had a coating link this before or any first hand experience from someone who has then I would understand.

I have first evaluation on my GT3 and wash it about 1/3 or less than before. Most stuff blows off at 50 and just a light spray of water does a lot. Occasionally I will run though a touch-less wash (I know not rec-amended).

Sometimes I will get out my pressure washer and give it a good suds and a rinse. Cuts work time to keep your car looking like it just came from a detailer down to nothing. Even after a 200 mile day in the canyons just a lite rinse and all new again.

I would guess that your time is worth something? I like it so well that I took my wife's Range Rover in an had it done.
I have this on my personal vehicle as well! It definitely cuts down car washing and maintenance time significantly. If you just give your car a quick spray with the pressure washer or hose and drive off your vehicle will look freshly waxed every time! I love it!
Old 05-16-2017, 05:18 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 145 Likes on 80 Posts

It is pointless to apply the ceramic coating and then apply the film. If we have someone wanting a combination of film and coating. We always polish and prep the surfaces that are getting clear bra. We then install the paint protection film onto the vehicle and apply the coating to the entire vehicle including the areas covered with clear bra! I hope this helps.
This helps tremendously... I'll talk to me detailer about it, and perhaps give this a go. I had Opticoat applied 2 years ago and have been happy with it but have not had anything applied over my film.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Default Coating and film

This helps tremendously... I'll talk to me detailer about it, and perhaps give this a go. I had Opticoat applied 2 years ago and have been happy with it but have not had anything applied over my film.
We use only Xpel Ultimate film. Ultimate has a clear coat built into the film so I know the coating works well with Xpel! I'm not sure what film you would be adhering to your vehicle. We will be posting a 918 that recently got the same exact treatment soon!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:19 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

I was told that film would not adhere properly on top of a coating. Not sure if this is the case but thought it was worth mentioning.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
I was told that film would not adhere properly on top of a coating. Not sure if this is the case but thought it was worth mentioning.
I also inquired, and received the same answer.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:54 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You won't regret it! The first car we applied this coating to was a silver NSX. We did a couple panels side by side with coated and non-coated. Even on a silver car we could see a huge difference in glossiness!
What are the differences between the C Quartz Finest vs the Reserve? Are you finding most go for the Reserve over the CQF?
Old 05-16-2017, 09:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

The Reserve is new. Meant to compete against Modesta.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Default Cquartz Professional & Cquartz Finest Reserve

Originally Posted by bronson7
What are the differences between the C Quartz Finest vs the Reserve? Are you finding most go for the Reserve over the CQF?
Recently, CarPro the company that owns Cquartz, has released a new coating called Cquartz Finest Reserve. Reserve is their new flagship coating. It has a life expectancy of 3-5 years where as Cquartz Finest (Now called Cquartz Professional) has a life expectancy of 2-3 years. Reserve has a thicker and more durable coating compared to Cquartz Professional. Reserve gives your vehicle a super high gloss finish, adds depth to your paint and repels anything Mother Nature may throw at it! On top of all that, both coatings make washing and maintaining your vehicle a breeze, and gives your vehicle that "freshly waxed" look for years to come!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Sloopy
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to replace my wrap on the rear quarter panels due to rock damage. Once done I want to update my finest to Reserve. What is the process for re-coating most areas done in Finest?

Note that the front is wrapped with Finest over it and doors top and rear of the car is paint with Finest.

Quick Reply: CQuartz Finest RESERVE, on a 911R, @ Shine Auto!