Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nordschleife - 991 GT3 RS 07:06 min

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 05:12 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Kobalt, I've run a BTG lap by myself eventually in Oct 2015 of 8:02 I think.
Thanks to S7 and your coaching help.

What do you figure your best time BTG time in RS is?
Just so I know what it should be if I ever find enough time to properly where I'm going on the Ring. And get my car back there....unfinished business...

Other tracks I'm a couple seconds off, so OK at the Ring however?
Old 05-13-2017, 05:30 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
i never ride along. dying as a passenger is a big fear for me. i am always in the driver's seat; and never like to take passengers.. don't want to be responsible if something happens.
FWIW: I think Daniel coached this guy.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:46 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Kobalt, I've run a BTG lap by myself eventually in Oct 2015 of 8:02 I think.
Thanks to S7 and your coaching help.

What do you figure your best time BTG time in RS is?
Just so I know what it should be if I ever find enough time to properly where I'm going on the Ring. And get my car back there....unfinished business...

Other tracks I'm a couple seconds off, so OK at the Ring however?
My best time on a trackday is 7.28, a rather clean lap. Best in Tourist driving: 7.35 which I value more because of traffic. 7.46 on a damp track.

I'd say you'd regularly would do sub-8's BTG in Tourist traffic. 7.58, 7.56 etc.
And once in a while when the stars align and there is no Renault Megane at the Bergwerk apex you'd hit 7.30.
It is a lot of things that must fit together for good laptimes on the Ring.

You also must conquer your fear (fear=brake). At least I needs to practice some very fast corners to carry more speed onto the fast sections. The mind must be ready to accept the speed.

And the problem with the practice bit, as you know, is that when you come to the part of the track you want to practice there will be a car at that apex forcing you to do another lap. Another lap is nice in a way . Next time you come to that corner you forget that you intended to do some training and realizes this just as you pass the apex.

Third time you get overtaken by a BMW M3 E46 and the competitive side of you takes over and once again you misses the training opportunity.

After three laps it might be a good idea to cool of the yourself and the car.

It is tedious but wonderful

Last edited by Kobalt; 05-13-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2017, 08:54 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Perfect description to put real life lap times in perspective.
Thank you.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:58 AM
aap1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is daniel schwerfeld in a coaching lap with a client gt3 rs btg. its a nice lap and i booked daniel several times. he is one of the good guys. but in racemode he is a lot faster. he made me faster on sveral tracks.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:23 AM
JarmoL
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
My best time on a trackday is 7.28, a rather clean lap. Best in Tourist driving: 7.35 which I value more because of traffic. 7.46 on a damp track.

I'd say you'd regularly would do sub-8's BTG in Tourist traffic. 7.58, 7.56 etc.
And once in a while when the stars align and there is no Renault Megane at the Bergwerk apex you'd hit 7.30.

You also must conquer your fear (fear=brake). At least I needs to practice some very fast corners to carry mor speed onto the fast sections. The mind must be ready to accept the speed.

And the problem with the practice bit, as you know, is that when you come to the part of the track you want to practice there will be a car at that apex forcing you to do another lap. Another lap is nice in a way . Next time you come to that corner you forget that you intended to do some training and realizes this just as you pass the apex.

Third time you get overtaken by a BMW M3 E46 and the competitive side of you takes over and once again you misses the training opportunity.

That's exactly how it is! Very well put, sir. I only visit the Ring once a year so this makes it very difficult to achieve clean laps. It can also make you to push a little too hard and try to make up small mistakes and lost time during a lap.. And that's why you have to drive yet another lap.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:53 AM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

You also must conquer your fear (fear=brake). At least I needs to practice some very fast corners to carry mor speed onto the fast sections. The mind must be ready to accept the speed.

best RL quote ever .....
Old 05-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by JarmoL
I only visit the Ring once a year so this makes it very difficult to achieve clean laps.
May I ask you if you go there together with the PCF?

I tend to be there when PCF are there - maybe we've met IRL
Old 05-13-2017, 04:10 PM
terrybGT3MR
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 7 Posts

Kobalt - are you going to the DN Ringmeisters Prime event in July? Limited to 120 cars - I'll be there in a yellow GT4. I was there for DN17 and the CD event in April too.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by terrybGT3MR
Kobalt - are you going to the DN Ringmeisters Prime event in July? Limited to 120 cars - I'll be there in a yellow GT4. I was there for DN17 and the CD event in April too.
I was at DN17 too

I have not booked DN Ringmeisters but there is some pressure from others that I should do it. I'll let you know if I go there
Old 05-13-2017, 04:50 PM
JarmoL
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

May I ask you if you go there together with the PCF?

I tend to be there when PCF are there - maybe we've met IRL
Yes, usually like that. I'll be there from June 12th to 18th. Visit to Spa is also on the cards. Come say hello if you are around!
Old 05-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by JarmoL
Yes, usually like that. I'll be there from June 12th to 18th. Visit to Spa is also on the cards. Come say hello if you are around!
I'll be there from 9-11 of June, maybe I hang around for a couple of more days.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:46 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

The mind must be ready to accept the speed.
+1000 And only comes with seat time.
Old 08-06-2017, 04:24 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Had an epic day at the Ring on Friday with a friend who was also in a 991RS. The cars feel much sharper there than I expected and really command respect. We were driving 7:30-7:35 laps (with light traffic) which felt pretty quick already, just leaving considerable margin at the the high speed sections. Makes some of the lap records you see even more mind boggling.

My only gripe was how badly the front wheels hit the arches. I had thought this would only happen at Fuchserohre, but had it around many sections of the track. Mine is a 2015 build and my friend's a 2016 and both had the same issue. The other car did have a DSC unit which made the car visibly more stable.

Daniel was there too and suggested the basic Manthey package, with a good geo and bumpstops to prevent the hitting of the arches. Not sure though how that impairs the handling at big compressions. Still cannot really get over the fact that the car has this issue after so much testing at the Ring.

Anyways, what a great track. Now considering if I should do some RCN races there in my 996 Cup..
Old 08-06-2017, 05:15 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

I have this feeling that the tiredimensions are an afterthought. At lesst in the front.

Glad you enjoyed IT anyway

Quick Reply: Nordschleife - 991 GT3 RS 07:06 min