Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

keeper here
i will add a .2 GT3
Old 05-11-2017, 09:34 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Only getting rid of the RS for an RS.
I paid 35 over for my car and I haven't spent any time thinking or worrying about what that means for me besides I own the best car I ever have and love driving it.

My entire day is spent doing cost/benefit analysis and making sure I'm getting the best value for every dollar my business spends. I do this at an obsessive level so I can have one or two hobbies in my life where I can throw all that analysis out the window.

Who can put a number on the enjoyment this car brings them? If I end up losing $50k to drive this car for 2 years then so be it. I'll do it again with the next one if I have to.

People wait and wait and wait for the right deal and the right time and everything else. I bought this car in September 2016 and couldn't imagine the last 7-8 months of my life without it, even to save all of what I paid over. I didn't get to where I am by waiting and waiting and waiting... life will pass you by.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
I paid 35 over for my car and I haven't spent any time thinking or worrying about what that means for me besides I own the best car I ever have and love driving it.

My entire day is spent doing cost/benefit analysis and making sure I'm getting the best value for every dollar my business spends. I do this at an obsessive level so I can have one or two hobbies in my life where I can throw all that analysis out the window.

Who can put a number on the enjoyment this car brings them? If I end up losing $50k to drive this car for 2 years then so be it. I'll do it again with the next one if I have to.

People wait and wait and wait for the right deal and the right time and everything else. I bought this car in September 2016 and couldn't imagine the last 7-8 months of my life without it, even to save all of what I paid over. I didn't get to where I am by waiting and waiting and waiting... life will pass you by.
Spot on.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 561 Posts

Keeping (UV MSRP - 750 miles and climbing)
Also keeping GT4 (Agate MSRP)

Very happy and don't see changing for several years.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Tonymission

We must be related somehow......
Old 05-11-2017, 10:17 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Exactly how I feel about my GT3.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 AM
bellatrix
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Very well said. In Canada, the ADM thing does not happen. But if it did, I'd own a GT car, and I wouldn't lose sleep over what I paid.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:53 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Voo Doo blue RS - cancelled the the GT3.2 thinking about a 675LT Spider and letting the RS go.

It's a great car but I prefer to go roof less.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I wouldn't consider selling my RS for a 991.2 GT3 unless I could maybe pocket $100K on the exchange. I am considering a performante though.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:00 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 224 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bellatrix
Very well said. In Canada, the ADM thing does not happen. But if it did, I'd own a GT car, and I wouldn't lose sleep over what I paid.
If they did the ADM thing in Canada I would walk on Principle. I never have nor will I ever pay over, for a car.. I would rather use that $ to just buy another house and grow my equity.. I've got other hobbies anyway,
Old 05-11-2017, 12:12 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm done with 991. Keeping the RS as my last 991. Focusing on the Ferrari and 992 RS
Old 05-11-2017, 01:23 PM
m3irish
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My plan is to keep the RS unless I'm lucky enough to get a .2 RS of either flavor. Probably will pick up a .2 GT3 to experience it.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:34 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Was offered a .2GT3. Declined. No way would swap RS for a GT3. Not even a consideration.

All RS's are special and the 991 RS is still a "daddy" two years on after launch even going toe to toe with one of the most impressive and recent track beasts. The AMG GTR. Ask Chris Harris. 👍
Old 05-11-2017, 05:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,788 Likes on 2,157 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Was offered a .2GT3. Declined. No way would swap RS for a GT3. Not even a consideration.

All RS's are special and the 991 RS is still a "daddy" two years on after launch even going toe to toe with one of the most impressive and recent track beasts. The AMG GTR. Ask Chris Harris. 👍
Did they offer it to you in exchange to you trading in your RS?
Old 05-11-2017, 05:53 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Wouldn't think of trading for a GT3.2. My RS is best car I have owned to date. Maybe a .2 will convince me otherwise but no way for a .2 GT3. The RS has the RS presence about it! Just a beautiful car! The whole Manual vs PDK thing means nothing to me also. I am a Huge manual supporter and all my cars are manual but would never have this car in a manual! The car was built for a PDK and all the POLLS that are taken are of people that have likely never driven the car. The RS is the car everyone wants!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3RS owners.. trading in?