Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I can confirm directly that there are some people very high up at porsche here in the US and in Germany that have seen this video!
Good. This thread should be mandatory reading for Porsche executives.

Let the revolution of driver connection begin.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:49 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stronbl
RJGT3RS - you haven't said, but have you received any comment from Porsche AG - I'd assume privately. I can imagine there are more than a few folks in Motorsports Div enjoying this thread too.

Well done to you and BGB - the end product does not disappoint.
Thank you very much, I would love to tell you yes but I'd be lying. Haven't heard a peep directly from anyone, would be cool though. I've heard from my local Porsche service manager that while out for training a couple weeks back he said guys at corporate were talking about it and asked him if he knew the car being from Illinois. He said yes and they got excited, his words not mine. Also the regional Porsche rep said to him " I can't wait to see it" lol.
These are all third party so can't confirm 100%.

Originally Posted by sgroer
I can confirm directly that there are some people very high up at porsche here in the US and in Germany that have seen this video!
That is very cool, hope they weren't too bent out of shape and enjoy the build thread😜
Please feel free to comment if you know any more. This stuff is interesting to me, glad it's made its way up the chain.

Originally Posted by Argon_
Good. This thread should be mandatory reading for Porsche executives.

Let the revolution of driver connection begin.
I agree😉, the countdown begins!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:31 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

WOW,I can't believe this ended up on the 5th page!
RJ,are you driving this thing yet?!
Update please.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:05 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, uhm, is this thing finished? Delivery? It's been crickets, and enquiring minds want to know!

Expecting to see a dozen videos and several dozen photos!

Please.

Pretty, please.
Old 08-11-2017, 04:37 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

It is with great pleasure that I say "your car is done sir!" All delays can be attributed to my wanting to make the car perfect for the OP. I have some video of him autoblipping around the neighborhood but it is of poor quality so we will take some more when he comes back from vacation. It is official though, she's done!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Mike Murphy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,580 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
Thank you very much, I would love to tell you yes but I'd be lying. Haven't heard a peep directly from anyone, would be cool though.
What is it about Porsche in that they don't communicate much of anything in the public forms or even to customers, etc. They are always so secretive...
Old 08-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Watching the video with the driver shifting made me ill. Shifting like that completely detracts from the pleasure of negotiating and being as one with the car and road. AND please don't tell me you can do both while shifting. Utter nonsense.

Last edited by Nick; 08-11-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:00 PM
Steven Ja
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
It is with great pleasure that I say "your car is done sir!" All delays can be attributed to my wanting to make the car perfect for the OP. I have some video of him autoblipping around the neighborhood but it is of poor quality so we will take some more when he comes back from vacation. It is official though, she's done!
Amazing..the unicorn is alive! Can't wait to see video of op ripping through the gears!! Congrats guys!
Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 PM
Steven Ja
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Nick
Watching the video with the driver shifting made me ill. Shifting like that completely detracts from the pleasure of negotiating and being as one with the car and road. AND please don't tell me you can do both while shifting. Utter nonsense.
it's obvious to anyone that has been following thread that we have all been waiting to see the manual shifts in this car! If you've ever driven a manual car you understand the thrill of shifting through the gears with precise timing when your entering and existing turns, especially on this car. I can understand your anger though... your fingers must really be hurting from all the gear shifting on Xbox.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:28 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by neanicu
WOW,I can't believe this ended up on the 5th page!
RJ,are you driving this thing yet?!
Update please.
YES Sir! I didn't want to fluff the thread up with bs so it got a little quiet but while the car isn't home yet I got to drive the completed car for the first time today and it's everything you'd expect it to be plus some. Once I got over the foreign feeling of having a manual gear selector and a clutch pedal in this thing and had a chance to open her up a bit it the moment as amazing as it was came to a hault, the skies opened up and turned into a torrential down pour. Took it back to BGB and the boys and I cracked some celebration beers and called it a day for the test drive. My Wife, kiddies and I are going to spend 5 days in Miami and then back to BGB to pick her up and drive home. Can't wait to put up some decent footage of it. AMAZING Best describes it. From pedal engagement feel, shift feel, to how it revs up so freely and the chatter from the flywheel, etc.... So much excitement and feeing its hard to write about without dragging on. I am very happy and words can't express how thankful I am that John Tecce took this on and his professional group of gents at BGB, Wray, Kyle, Hector and anybody I missed. 🙌 It's a celebration, beer time!
Little damp, took the party inside!

Originally Posted by csmarx
So, uhm, is this thing finished? Delivery? It's been crickets, and enquiring minds want to know!

Expecting to see a dozen videos and several dozen photos!

Please.

Pretty, please.
Yes man, coming soon, thanks for sticking through up to this point. Fun stuff coming up.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:48 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports

SIR THANK YOU

Your are a gentleman and your shop is World class! Words can describe how thankful I am to have crossed paths with you and your team. Between the complexity and uniqueness of the build and the interest and support this thing has received from everyone here on Rennlist and the Porsche community worldwide, this is by far the top vehicle highlight of my life and up Super high on every other list🙌😊

Been a a great experience, now the fun begins, which magazine, auto journalist etc... Want's to step up to the plate first to put this thing through its paces so everyone can see what it's all about?? I'll put up amateur vids of me putting around but this car and you all deserve some proper videos of this beast testing through some bends.

Thanks all, stay tuned.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:05 AM
RJGT3RS
Racer

"Pleasure of negotiating and being as one with the car and road"
is exactly how you'd describe a Porsche with a manual drivetrain! If you can't feel those feelings in a manual equipped 911 of any era whether you like to currently drive a manual or not you should negotiate a discount for a transit pass and turn in your license cause you can't drive and Definelty should NEVER EVER comment about the Porsche driving experience!!! EVER!!!
Old 08-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation

The clutch and shifter are two fifths of your controls, yet they account for a far greater share of the man-machine connection.

Your comment makes it obvious that you have never been connected to a machine. 'Horse and rider as one.'

If you want to continue being an ignoramus, leave and go play Forza.
Old 08-12-2017, 10:41 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
YES Sir! I didn't want to fluff the thread up with bs so it got a little quiet but while the car isn't home yet I got to drive the completed car for the first time today and it's everything you'd expect it to be plus some. Once I got over the foreign feeling of having a manual gear selector and a clutch pedal in this thing and had a chance to open her up a bit it the moment as amazing as it was came to a hault, the skies opened up and turned into a torrential down pour. Took it back to BGB and the boys and I cracked some celebration beers and called it a day for the test drive. My Wife, kiddies and I are going to spend 5 days in Miami and then back to BGB to pick her up and drive home. Can't wait to put up some decent footage of it. AMAZING Best describes it. From pedal engagement feel, shift feel, to how it revs up so freely and the chatter from the flywheel, etc.... So much excitement and feeing its hard to write about without dragging on. I am very happy and words can't express how thankful I am that John Tecce took this on and his professional group of gents at BGB, Wray, Kyle, Hector and anybody I missed. 🙌 It's a celebration, beer time!
Little damp, took the party inside!Yes man, coming soon, thanks for sticking through up to this point. Fun stuff coming up.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:41 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Should have done gone with the whole German themed beer celebration. Inviting over a few "friends" would add to the fun

Name:  photo511.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  202.1 KB

Name:  photo398.jpg
Views: 1800
Size:  404.5 KB

Name:  photo144.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  854.1 KB

Name:  photo526.jpg
Views: 1780
Size:  166.2 KB

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!