Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 PM
philipatl
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

No words... this is just awesome!! When is the expect first drive?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:02 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RJGT3RS
?? Pop the lever over to the left and you are in full control, the Trans won't shift a thing for you , bounce it off the rev limiter all you like. That's the plus about the PDK for those who like it. Auto with the awesome ability to be intuitive to your driving style or clutchless Manual gear select for you feel like controlling it!
Right i understand that you can have full control over the gearbox which is the only mode i think it should have.. I am just not a fan of fully auto mode. That's all. Not trying to start a debate or anything.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:24 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
Right i understand that you can have full control over the gearbox which is the only mode i think it should have.. I am just not a fan of fully auto mode. That's all. Not trying to start a debate or anything.

gotcha, sounds silly but thought maybe you didn't know.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:47 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by philipatl
The parts are all in but now comes the wiring and the computer work. I'm hopeful that by next week we will be all wrapped up and posting some clips of some big nasty burnouts! 😉just kidding!
Old 05-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

?? Pop the lever over to the left and you are in full control, the Trans won't shift a thing for you , bounce it off the rev limiter all you like. That's the plus about the PDK for those who like it. Auto with the awesome ability to be intuitive to your driving style or clutchless Manual gear select for you feel like controlling it!
Try to tell the PDK unit you're in "full control, the Trans won't shift a thing for you" by coasting to a stop while leaving it in a high gear.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:21 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

+1, we are on the same page my man. 911R diffuser already to be installed. All joking aside i was researching the tartan and different colored pepita fabrics the other night after a thread popped up in the forums about another member doing this. would look Awesome i think.

Any info on Orange Tartan fabric and whoever can pull off the reupholstering please let me know. ThanksLOL, would probably help just kidding, its not that crazy, feel free to reach out to John at BGB and im sure he can give you the rundown.
But for Rennlist members , drives are for freeThank you, I am very much looking forward to the initial drive. thought about a proper manual 991 ever since I had my 14 GT3. Have driven other manual 991's but remind me alot of my 997.1tt shifting experience. Too light.Thank you, neanicu and Trackcar, You probably have been the most active in the comments section for this build and I appreciate your enthusiasm as well as the other members joining in on the fun. I would love for this to get more publicity and a Bigger Porsche following. PAG needs to hear about it and our interest in the manual RS. Also let me add Turbo and TurboS. that car could be one of the most exciting cars ever, turned anemic and boring, Porsche needs to TUNE the exhaust, throw in a Proper Transmission (manual), **lightly** stiffen the clutch pedal and shift mechanism and you have the Best sportscar in the world.
keep spreading the word
Personally don't care if my name ever gets mentioned. Don't like attention myself. The car though should be on every Porsche magazine cover with exactly that!! #SAVETHEMANUAL
http://www.modern-fabrics.com/

Heard Johnathan Ward, founder of Icon 4x4 mentioning this place the other day on The Smoking Tire podcast. He said he's found some cool stuff here.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:21 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I bet there are alot of 991RS owners out there looking at that stick shift and wondering what it would feel like to drive it!

It will be quite the experience for the owner! Very rewarding!
Like a 911R, with a bitchin' front end and aero...
Old 05-25-2017, 10:37 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
The parts are all in but now comes the wiring and the computer work. I'm hopeful that by next week we will be all wrapped up and posting some clips of some big nasty burnouts! 😉just kidding!
LOL, Nice to hear guys!, exciting stuff. I'd be cool with you John doing a celebratory Burnout buddy
Old 05-25-2017, 10:48 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Try to tell the PDK unit you're in "full control, the Trans won't shift a thing for you" by coasting to a stop while leaving it in a high gear.
Other than the obvious dummy electronics set in place for that sole reason. why would you not want it to drop to 1st in the case of an emergency stop or being just lazy. You have to slow down to almost 10mph for that to even happen. Why would you be in high gear doing 10? The PDK gives you great manual control for a DCT system. Double paddle pulls leave it the same gear you left in prior to pulling Neutral. In my 458, the trans dumps gears at random, if you Pull paddles for Neutral it jumps to 7th gear despite what gear your in before if anything above 30mph. I like what Porsche has done with the PDK. Just not enough to keep it.

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
http://www.modern-fabrics.com/

Heard Johnathan Ward, founder of Icon 4x4 mentioning this place the other day on The Smoking Tire podcast. He said he's found some cool stuff here.
Awesome, thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Like a 911R, with a bitchin' front end and aero...
YES!
Old 05-25-2017, 10:52 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Originally Posted by philipatl
Thanks man, I have to wait for my baby boy to be born before I get to go back to Florida and visit the guys at BGB and pick it up. couple weeks max.
I'll make sure to post up a video on the drive home from FLA. Good break-in for the new clutch.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:02 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Other than the obvious dummy electronics set in place for that sole reason. why would you not want it to drop to 1st in the case of an emergency stop or being just lazy. You have to slow down to almost 10mph for that to even happen. Why would you be in high gear doing 10? The PDK gives you great manual control for a DCT system. Double paddle pulls leave it the same gear you left in prior to pulling Neutral. In my 458, the trans dumps gears at random, if you Pull paddles for Neutral it jumps to 7th gear despite what gear your in before if anything above 30mph. I like what Porsche has done with the PDK. Just not enough to keep it.
Haha yeah me too I actually love the PDK, it really is amazing, but I just miss rowing gears. Due to being poor I have to wait for a .2gt3 allocation like a peon instead of a super awesome 1 of 1 project like you though.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:19 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

This is a car that should be featured in stouts new publication
Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I have to wait for my baby boy to be born before I get to go back to Florida and visit the guys at BGB and pick it up. couple weeks max.

One word:

P
I
T
O
C
I
N

Not to be confused with Pentosin.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:08 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

RS updated with strange lever and unfamiliar 3rd pedal!
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2017, 11:12 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^Magic man!

Quick Reply: 1 of 1 MANUAL 991 GT3RS. THE CAR PORSCHE DIDN'T BUILD, BUT I DID!