Sponsored by:

Miami Blue Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 08:10 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Miami Blue Thoughts

What are your thoughts on this color? I won't try any PTS allocation as it's too expensive for my wallet. Miami Blue was PTS on some models but since now it's standard color I am wondering if too many cars in this color won't make it boring after a while.
It's either this or white for me. I have now white GT3 and would like to try something different.
If I get .2GT3 then it will be a keeper for me. So another consideration is how an old car would look in MB or white. Let's say in 20 years from now....
How hard is it to match MB in case of some repainting? White is quite simple to fix and the car will see a lot of high speeds.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:56 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Price delta between Miami blue and PTS is just a couple of grand $$.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:44 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
What are your thoughts on this color? I won't try any PTS allocation as it's too expensive for my wallet. Miami Blue was PTS on some models but since now it's standard color I am wondering if too many cars in this color won't make it boring after a while.
It's either this or white for me. I have now white GT3 and would like to try something different.
If I get .2GT3 then it will be a keeper for me. So another consideration is how an old car would look in MB or white. Let's say in 20 years from now....
How hard is it to match MB in case of some repainting? White is quite simple to fix and the car will see a lot of high speeds.
White is NOT easy to fix for a keeper
after years it turns yellowish when used/parked often under the sunlight
so repainting is a mess to reproduce same level of yellowish

not to mention that base white sometime even out of the factory is not perfect...
Old 05-07-2017, 09:48 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd get the MB due to the fact that there will always be white cars out there and less MB of total 911 cars. Just my.02
Old 05-07-2017, 09:53 AM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Get the color YOU like. Worried about cars color 20 years from now, I am hoping I’m still alive in 20 years
LOL
Old 05-07-2017, 11:48 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Didn't look at white color being hard to match. Thanks for your thoughts.
I will definitely get color I like. It's either white or MB. Unless something else will pop in my head.

PTS is out of reach. MB is already expensive.

I know it is silly to look 20 years ahead but as I said I am planning on keeping this car that long so the point is valid. Yellowish white vs MB.

I think it's a win for MB.

Now black satin wheels with black LEDs and privacy glass or standard/satin aluminum wheels with standard LEDs and clear windows :/
Old 05-07-2017, 12:06 PM
strettyend
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts

Have you seen miami blue in person and direct sunlight? I would make sure to do so as I wasn't a big fan when I saw it in the flesh.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:41 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

I saw 718 with black headlights and dimmed rear lights. It looked gorgeous although did not see it in the sun light.
I'd prefer Mexico or Riviera as I think they suit GT car more than MB but that would be PTS in this case.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:38 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Not a fan next to Mexico or Riviera. Very torquoisey!
Old 05-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by strettyend
Have you seen miami blue in person and direct sunlight? I would make sure to do so as I wasn't a big fan when I saw it in the flesh.
I second this. Definitely a color you want to see in person in sunlight before you order it. It has a lot of green in it, which some people like and some don't. If you want more blue, then you definitely want to go with something like Voodoo instead of MB.

IMO both MB and GBM should really be viewed in the flesh before one orders a car in those colors.

Re: white, coat the car and/or don't park it in the hot sun all day/every day, and it'll look great for years and years. Won't show scratches either.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:48 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Pay the extra for PTS. Miami blue is one of the few colors I would never own, way too much green/yellow undertones. I say this as someone who owns a mexico blue car; the two photograph similarly, but in person are very far apart.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:48 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't look at white color being hard to match. Thanks for your thoughts.
I will definitely get color I like. It's either white or MB. Unless something else will pop in my head.

PTS is out of reach. MB is already expensive.

I know it is silly to look 20 years ahead but as I said I am planning on keeping this car that long so the point is valid. Yellowish white vs MB.

I think it's a win for MB.

Now black satin wheels with black LEDs and privacy glass or standard/satin aluminum wheels with standard LEDs and clear windows :/
My original kick at the can "build" was MB, black wheels and black LED's. I've seen MB in full sunlight, it does have a tint of green in it but I still like it.
Good luck on your decision.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:04 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I like Miami blue better in person than in pictures. If you really want Mexico blue just pay $3k or so more and get it.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Sean in Texas
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh if it were only so easy as to plunk down $3K-$4K more...it would be a no-brainer.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:07 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

The only two colors I would order "sight unseen" are white and black. And those aren't really even colors. Everything else I would need to see in person first. But in photos MB looks the goods.

Quick Reply: Miami Blue Thoughts