Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 12:13 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!

Im looking to get back into a Porsche after a little hiatus into some other makes.. I can't get it out of my blood though so I'm coming back.. I have been reading as much as i can on here and before i pull the trigger i would just like some " Educated Guesses " from you guys if you don't mind on where things are going with the .1 GT3.. My private dealer tells me be careful because the new .2 is coming in manual and PDK is going to tank.. Then i hear someone today say the people who are going to get killed are the 4.0 RS owners who paid 500k not the Gt3 guys. They are making so many more PDK over manual anyway in 2018..

So my question is. How careful do i have to be to find the right Gt3 at the right price without possibly losing my ***?? I just want to drive it for a year or so and then get into a .2 GT3 or maybe even .1 RS once i see where prices are.. Im not trying to make money on the car or break even driving for a year and then selling it.. Just want to make sure i don't make a real bad decision and for example buy a 2016 for 170k end up 120-130k in a year.. that would hurt.. Thanks in advance for any advice..
Old 05-04-2017, 12:23 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should read more posts on this forum, look in the classifieds, eBay, cars.com. Narrow down your choices to a few cars and start dealing.

991.1 GT3 is a fantastic car, you will love owning and driving it.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

I have been reading hours on end.. I see the pricing where they are at in nice condition from as low as 145k for a 15 to 180k for a 16 with 5k miles or less.. This one for example seems to be a solid car while its sold and I'm not so interested in yellow but with 918 seats 1800 miles and steel brakes price seems great.. was it 144 because of the color not being so desirable??

http://www.champion-porsche.com/vehi...fl-id-18266402

I haven't been up on porsche in a while so just looking for some insight.. Last Porsche i had was 997 Gt2 i sold for 120k.. apparently i should have kept that car.. SMH
Old 05-04-2017, 01:22 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

If i could give you any advice, since you do not plan on keeping it for more than a year or so maybe look for a low MSRP car. Something in the $140k range. I would think they would tend to depreciate less, especially if the car will have less than 10,000 miles when you get ready to sell it. Low mileage, low MSRP.

But if the economy crashes you will still take a hit.

Good luck!
Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by robmypro
If i could give you any advice, since you do not plan on keeping it for more than a year or so maybe look for a low MSRP car. Something in the $140k range. I would think they would tend to depreciate less, especially if the car will have less than 10,000 miles when you get ready to sell it. Low mileage, low MSRP.

But if the economy crashes you will still take a hit.

Good luck!
Makes sense.. Guess that rules out paint to sample Riviera Blue for 175k..
Old 05-04-2017, 01:27 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Deezuhl77
Makes sense.. Guess that rules out paint to sample Riviera Blue for 175k..
Old 05-04-2017, 01:32 AM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Should i assume the CPO warranty does me no good as far as resale also since its not transferrable?? or on a trade in to a porsche dealer does it hold value for the next guy??
Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Should i assume the CPO warranty does me no good as far as resale also since its not transferrable?? or on a trade in to a porsche dealer does it hold value for the next guy??
CPO will transfer.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:03 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Cpo does transfer. I have been working a lot of potential trade offers from guys on .1 GT3 for .1RS cars- I will say that a lot of owners are very proud of them.

You have to (in my opinion) pick 2 numbers:

The price you really are willing to spend
The miles you will put on the car.

Example- I am taking a GT3 in trade with 100 miles or so. Wow. Incredible. But if you drive that car, in a year, it will be worth a lot less va if you buy a 4500 mile car and sell it with 9500.

On price- the more you pay the more you get. But is PTS more important than the right seats or brakes?

Follow your brain and your heart. Some guys are only into white cars, or red cars, or pccb, or LWB etc.

Personally if I was looking, I'd want a LWB PCCB car. Those achieve higher resale numbers vs asking price.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:03 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't think anything is going to TANK per se.... just buy what you like and drive it. You can't really mess up here unless you just overpay. Find a good deal and enjoy it.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:07 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

There is a great value on a GT Silver one at Holmsted Porsche. And COTA1=exactly.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:21 PM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Call Jackie Cooper Porsche in Tulsa, Ok. Local, White, '15, 8770 miles, pristine, nicely optioned, never tracked nor autocrossed. I know the owner and the car. Nizar is the sales manager. I've bought several from him including my Nov arrival 991.2 GT3. Well priced but may be room for negotiation.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Deezuhl77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Cpo does transfer. I have been working a lot of potential trade offers from guys on .1 GT3 for .1RS cars- I will say that a lot of owners are very proud of them.

You have to (in my opinion) pick 2 numbers:

The price you really are willing to spend
The miles you will put on the car.

Example- I am taking a GT3 in trade with 100 miles or so. Wow. Incredible. But if you drive that car, in a year, it will be worth a lot less va if you buy a 4500 mile car and sell it with 9500.

On price- the more you pay the more you get. But is PTS more important than the right seats or brakes?

Follow your brain and your heart. Some guys are only into white cars, or red cars, or pccb, or LWB etc.

Personally if I was looking, I'd want a LWB PCCB car. Those achieve higher resale numbers vs asking price.
PTS isn't the selling point for me.. Im looking at a guards red 2016 really but price seems steep at 179k.. but it has 1346 miles..

I really want a 16 honestly since its the last year and less produced.. The only real must have is the LWB.. The PCCB is a bonus because it won't be for heavy track use so either will hold up fine.. My last GT3 was white.. My Gt2 was silver so really just don't want those 2 colors this time is all..

Maybe you could just give me some good advice on this particular car.. What the right and reasonable # to offer on this?? If someone could tell me what would be a great price for this not meaning a STEAL then i can gauge what i need to offer for some others if this doesn't pan out.. when they are ALL over MSRP its hard for me to feel comfortable knowing i didn't get raped.. I just want to buy it right.. Thanks again for everyones advice..

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...modelCode1=911
Old 05-04-2017, 01:57 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^ I don't think anyone telling you what they would pay or think you should pay is going to help you.. Do you have a # that you are willing to pay? ya? take that number and start discussions with the dealer/owner. Come to an agreement on price and drive away happy.

Nobody can tell you what's going to happen during negotiations, only you will know that once you initiate the process of Buying, the actual car.. Go there with certified cheque/Bank draft, in hand and do it!
Old 05-04-2017, 02:23 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Im looking to get back into a Porsche after a little hiatus into some other makes.. I can't get it out of my blood though so I'm coming back.. I have been reading as much as i can on here and before i pull the trigger i would just like some " Educated Guesses " from you guys if you don't mind on where things are going with the .1 GT3.. My private dealer tells me be careful because the new .2 is coming in manual and PDK is going to tank.. Then i hear someone today say the people who are going to get killed are the 4.0 RS owners who paid 500k not the Gt3 guys. They are making so many more PDK over manual anyway in 2018..

So my question is. How careful do i have to be to find the right Gt3 at the right price without possibly losing my ***?? I just want to drive it for a year or so and then get into a .2 GT3 or maybe even .1 RS once i see where prices are.. Im not trying to make money on the car or break even driving for a year and then selling it.. Just want to make sure i don't make a real bad decision and for example buy a 2016 for 170k end up 120-130k in a year.. that would hurt.. Thanks in advance for any advice..
I would wait a few months until people trade in their .1's for .2's, then try to find one at a lower price. I would also recommend CPO due to the possible engine issues. I have a buddy also looking for a .1 CPO.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a 991.1 Gt3. Need Advice!!