991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group

Old 04-30-2017, 01:18 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good job! I will drop a message on a local forum so the message is spread across.
Thanks!
Old 04-30-2017, 02:49 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,715 Likes on 4,753 Posts

I read the letter.

Just out of curiosity. What would the group do if Porsche didn't respond by May 29?
Old 04-30-2017, 02:58 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Porsche want to ensure you can continue enjoying your car even when things do not go to plan. Porsche can offer you a number of reassurance products to give you peace of mind that we will look after you and your Porsche if the unexpected happens.

Porsche New Car Guarantee and Porsche Assistance service
Every new Porsche comes with a three year Porsche New Car Guarantee and a three year Porsche Assistance service. The Porsche New Car Guarantee is valid all around the world and provides coverage against all manufacturing defects with unlimited mileage. The Porsche Assistance service provides cover in the event of a breakdown anywhere in Europe.

Please contact your Porsche Centre for full details.

When your Porsche New Car Guarantee and Porsche Assistance service comes to an end we may contact you offering the option to extend your protection with a Porsche Approved Warranty and / or Porsche Assistance policy. You may purchase a Porsche Approved Warranty at any time during your Porsche New Car Guarantee, and if you do this in the first year you do not need to pay for a 111 point check. You may purchase a Porsche Assistance policy at any time during or after your Porsche New Car Guarantee with no further check required.

Porsche Assistance Policy
Please note: The advertised price of a Porsche Approved Pre-Owned Car may include the cost of an optional Porsche Approved Warranty insurance product and/or a separately optional Porsche Assistance insurance product. Please speak to your Porsche Centre for further details.

The Porsche Assistance policy provides cover in the event of a breakdown anywhere in Europe. The policy features are:

Porsche-trained roadside patrols in the UK carrying Porsche space-saver wheels, able to fit Porsche batteries and other parts to facilitate roadside repairs
Incident management by Porsche-trained advisers to manage your case
Premium class compact saloon replacement vehicle for up to four days in the UK whilst your Porsche is repaired at a Porsche Centre (subject to availability)
European onward travel and accommodation (if repairs cannot be made at roadside)
Redelivery of your repaired vehicle to your home or temporary address.
Replacement driver to drive your vehicle to your destination or the UK (if elsewhere in Europe) if you are ill or injured
Recovery or repair even if you’ve been on a track-day (as long as your vehicle can be reached from a publicly accessible road)
If you’ve been involved in an accident Porsche Assistance will provide you with onward mobility and recover your vehicle to a Porsche Centre Approved Body Repairer.
The Porsche Assistance policy is available with a one or two year term. The Porsche Assistance policy is available to purchase at our Porsche Centres or directly via calling Porsche Assistance on 0800777123 subject to your Porsche satisfying the eligibility criteria.

Terms and conditions apply. Please contact your Porsche Centre or Porsche Assistance for further details including policy exclusions and limitations of cover.

Porsche Approved Warranty
Please note: The advertised price of a Porsche Approved Pre-Owned Car may include the cost of an optional Porsche Approved Warranty insurance product and/or a separately optional Porsche Assistance insurance product. Please speak to your Porsche Centre for further details.

The Porsche Approved Warranty is an insurance product which provides comprehensive cover comparable with the Porsche New Car Guarantee. The Porsche Approved Warranty can be purchased from any Porsche Centre for any Porsche that meets the eligibility criteria; to extend an existing Porsche Approved Warranty or the Porsche New Car Guarantee, or where a car does not have any existing cover.

Unless purchased during the first 12 months of the Porsche New Car Guarantee, a Porsche Approved Warranty can only be purchased subject to your vehicle satisfying a 111 point check at a Porsche Centre (charge applies). The Porsche Approved Warranty can be purchased with a term of either one or two years. To be eligible to purchase a policy your vehicle must have less than 125,000 miles and be under 14 years old for a 1 year insurance policy or 13 years old for a 2 year insurance policy.

Terms and conditions apply. Please contact your Porsche Centre for further details including policy exclusions and limitations of cover.

Porsche Parts Warranty
Every Porsche Genuine Part fitted to your Porsche by a Porsche Centre comes with a 2 year Porsche Parts Warranty. This warranty is not applicable if a repair or part has been paid for by a Porsche Centre or has been completed or replaced under a Porsche Approved Warranty or the New Car Guarantee.

Last edited by fxz; 04-30-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:04 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I read the letter.

Just out of curiosity. What would the group do if Porsche didn't respond by May 29?
My last message didn't get through.
The warranty for engine only should be free of charge

You can already buy extended warranty up to 10 years in EU and I heard some other part of the world as well.
Why would we need to pay for a faulty designed engine warranty? Makes absolutely no sense this action then.

If they don't reply then a letter from attorney office to fix the well known problem would leave a trace for potential private sues and thus increase chances of winning.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:08 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Hey guys I will respond to all your PM's shortly. I figured I might have a few, but holy hell.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:20 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by qbix
My last message didn't get through.
The warranty for engine only should be free of charge

You can already buy extended warranty up to 10 years in EU and I heard some other part of the world as well.
Why would we need to pay for a faulty designed engine warranty? Makes absolutely no sense this action then.

If they don't reply then a letter from attorney office to fix the well known problem would leave a trace for potential private sues and thus increase chances of winning.
First, thanks for weighing in. The whole point of this action group is determining what resolution we want as a group from Porsche in this matter. I am not making that decision. As a group, we need consensus. You are not the only one suggesting it should be free.

One challenge here is the inconsistent warranty and extended warranty options available across the globe. In the EU i believe you get a 2 year warranty initially, and then you can extend it for 8 additional years. In the ME, the years either go out to 9 or 12 (I think).

In the USA we get a 4 year warranty as our base, 5 if it was the 2014 model. If you bought the car from a private party, that is all you can get from Porsche. I visited the dealer. No way to extend it. Now if you buy a car from a dealer, you can get CPO. But that only adds 2 years. So we have total of 6 or 7 years, and that only is possible via CPO.

I need to go through all the PM's and then I will propose a new draft.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:21 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I read the letter.

This is part of a process. It forms an important documenting step. That is all i want to say at this time.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:28 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robmypro
This is part of a process. It forms an important documenting step. That is all i want to say at this time.
Then what happens after they send you a 'thank you for your letter and we look forward to seeing you soon at a Porsche dealership to make another purchase' letter?

Just trying to understand next steps after letter is sent and filed in the trash.

If you're not willing to take them to court, I don't see any value, as nothing will happen.

I'm behind the cause, but you need to know what long term plan of attack is...or is there one?

Best,
John K. Smith
Old 04-30-2017, 10:41 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Okay guys, i will put another draft out today including all your feedback.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Just a thought- perhaps consider a 2 step approach rather than go straight to a demand for additional warranty. Request a meeting of owner reps and Porsche management and technical staff. Ask them to present their assessment of the issue. Your current letter sounds definitive on the technical aspects but I'd be interested in their view. Anyway just 2c worth.

Original early "F" owner, build 9/14.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

If going after the individual who decided centre locks were a great idea for trackday cars is part of the action, count me in!
Old 04-30-2017, 11:21 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by zedcat
Just a thought- perhaps consider a 2 step approach rather than go straight to a demand for additional warranty. Request a meeting of owner reps and Porsche management and technical staff. Ask them to present their assessment of the issue. Your current letter sounds definitive on the technical aspects but I'd be interested in their view. Anyway just 2c worth.

Original early "F" owner, build 9/14.
Interesting thought. Thanks for chiming in. Two thoughts. First, I believe this issue is well documented, and Dundon have confirmed the root cause. Porsche deciding to change the engine in the .2 GT3 further supports their findings. Second, I think there is a very narrow window of opportunity on this, given the new release. Realistically, this action group should have been formed a year ago.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:30 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
You cannot buy an extended warranty from Porsche on 991.1 GT3's in the USA. They only offer a CPO, which does current owners, or owners who purchased from a private party no good. In my case I purchased my GT3 from a private party. I went to the dealer and they cannot offer any extra warranty.
Can't you sell your car to the dealer and buy it back under an LLC Trust etc.

Seems a lot easier if the CPO would satisfy the entire issue.

McLaren would only allow an extended warranty if it was sold thru a dealer - it killed anyone trying to sell a Mac themselves Porsche may be using a similar thought process forcing owners and buyers to go thru the dealership ... it was for that reason I got out of McLaren but they may have corrected that as when I went to sell there were so many on the market dealers wouldn't take one even on consignment - just a few thoughts.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:36 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Can't you sell your car to the dealer and buy it back under an LLC Trust etc.

Seems a lot easier if the CPO would satisfy the entire issue.

McLaren would only allow a warranty to transfer if it was sold thru a dealer - it killed anyone trying to sell it themselves Porsche may be using a similar thought process forcing owners to go back to Porsche.
CPO only extends the warranty for 2 years. That isn't enough.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:33 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that Porsche should add a free extended warranty (10 yrs from in service date) for the motor only. Thanks for taking the time to set this up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group