991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Hey robmypro, really nice work with all of this. It's encouraging to see members of such a devoted community** working together for a common aim. There have been and will be naysayers but you are proving them wrong in every way. Here at Fabspeed we love the 991 GT3 and all the potential it has! Best of luck with everything. I'm looking forward to seeing how the meeting goes.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 06-07-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:06 AM
bucklesandrings
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robmypro
Agree 100%. No names will be shared. We will only provide high level data, such as the overall count, etc.
Hi Rob, First off thanks for your efforts. There was a blog before where Macca had amassed a lot of detail on the amount of engines affected thus far. For the life of me though I cannot locate it.

Regarding your meeting could you please point out to the Porsche representatives that this is an international issue and should have a solution that applies worldwide (eg an extended engine warranty).

I am not prepared to buy the new GT3 as the only reason would in my view be the new engine. And there is no certainty that there will not be other issues with that.

So my question to Porsche is this: Whatever happened to the essential attraction of durability over big distances and over long periods of time??
Old 06-07-2017, 10:45 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Jason
Hey robmypro, really nice work with all of this. It's encouraging to see members of such a devoted community** working together for a common aim. There have been and will be naysayers but you are proving them wrong in every way. Here at Fabspeed we love the 991 GT3 and all the potential it has! Best of luck with everything. I'm looking forward to seeing how the meeting goes.
Thanks Jason!

Originally Posted by bucklesandrings
Hi Rob, First off thanks for your efforts. There was a blog before where Macca had amassed a lot of detail on the amount of engines affected thus far. For the life of me though I cannot locate it.

Regarding your meeting could you please point out to the Porsche representatives that this is an international issue and should have a solution that applies worldwide (eg an extended engine warranty).

I am not prepared to buy the new GT3 as the only reason would in my view be the new engine. And there is no certainty that there will not be other issues with that.

So my question to Porsche is this: Whatever happened to the essential attraction of durability over big distances and over long periods of time??
Thanks. I will pass on your comments and concerns. That thread you refer to is linked on the OP. First paragraph.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:01 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Rob for your prodigious efforts regarding this ongoing issue with the engines!
My communications with Andrew Pine were always promptly handled and he was always very helpful.
PM sent.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:17 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Thanks Rob for your prodigious efforts regarding this ongoing issue with the engines!
My communications with Andrew Pine were always promptly handled and he was always very helpful. PM sent.
Thanks Rob! Andrew seems like a really nice guy. Should be a good meeting. I replied to your PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:30 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Name:  photo96.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  266.8 KB

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but ...... why has there been barely any ongoing chat and more new insight into the actual engine issue here?? I think the focus needs to be laser sharp and not get off topic.

You don't want to turn this into an Atlanta PCNA field trip on your own dime, to brag about how generous Rennlisters are fundraising, and have the German Tech tell you to trust him and Porsche. We've got you covered guys, don't worry (that's until the warranty ends). Let us show you around the new headquarters now. Very fancy. It was nice meeting you, and take a German chocolate as you walk out he door.

In my opinion, the fundraising should be to bring an attorney with and your own automotive engineer who isn't afraid to address/present the alleged issue.

Just saying ......

They might mistaken you for the GT3 Crochet Owners Group.

Name:  photo867.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  560.5 KB

Name:  photo384.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  79.5 KB

Last edited by STG; 06-10-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,792 Likes on 2,194 Posts

^ Things are proceeding well with this, why muck it up by explicitly involving a lawyer? Porsche knows that we live in the internet age, and a lot of people are paying attention to this issue and how they respond to it. Their reputation is at stake, and I anticipate that they're going to take care of the owners of these cars, many of which have owned or currently own numerous Porsches.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:06 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Manifold
^ Things are proceeding well with this, why muck it up by explicitly involving a lawyer? Porsche knows that we live in the internet age, and a lot of people are paying attention to this issue and how they respond to it. Their reputation is at stake, and I anticipate that they're going to take care of the owners of these cars, many of which have owned or currently own numerous Porsches.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:19 AM
Match-Lave
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome work Rob!

I just sent a PM to you with my details on my 2016 GT3.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:44 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Match-Lave
Awesome work Rob!

I just sent a PM to you with my details on my 2016 GT3.
Thank you! I received it.

BTW, most people are responding using email, so I have changed the OP to reflect that. Email is a lot easier to manage, so please email me if you would like to be added to the list.

991gt3concernedownersgroup@gmail.com
Old 06-12-2017, 04:28 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Update: We believe that August 3rd might be the date, as this works on our side. Just waiting to hear back from PCNA regarding a firm date. Also, we are close to finalizing the members in our delegation. Within 2-3 weeks we plan on holding a conference call with members of our delegation. The wheels are turning.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:24 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Update: We believe that August 3rd might be the date, as this works on our side. Just waiting to hear back from PCNA regarding a firm date. Also, we are close to finalizing the members in our delegation. Within 2-3 weeks we plan on holding a conference call with members of our delegation. The wheels are turning.
My birthday! Maybe a good result will be my bday present.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:21 AM
Match-Lave
Rennlist Member

Thank you! I received it.

BTW, most people are responding using email, so I have changed the OP to reflect that. Email is a lot easier to manage, so please email me if you would like to be added to the list.

991gt3concernedownersgroup@gmail.com
got it. I sent Email with my contact info. Really happy to join this great group. DA
Old 06-13-2017, 10:32 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by mwar99
My birthday! Maybe a good result will be my bday present.
We'll see!
Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM
GT3Quickshift
AutoX

Default Reply

Sent my info, thanks

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group