Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group

 
Old 05-01-2017, 03:49 PM
  #136  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Originally Posted by LAPorsche3 View Post
I like where this is going. Thanks for putting this together.

Though one question I have is about "Market Value Deterioration".

I wonder if there's a way to get some numbers make a more compelling case. Like comparing 2014 vs 2015 days on market and/or transactional price/asking price ratios, also wholesale auction prices trends. Perhaps grabbing some basic listing numbers from various websites though actual sale price maybe tough.

Will dealers be willing to assist for this cause?
Thank you for providing feedback. I am not sure how much attention we want to give to market value, to be honest. This entire is much more than just people afraid they can't sell their cars for a decent amount. I think we want to be careful NOT to send Porsche that message.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:50 PM
  #137  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

I asked this before, but I will ask again. Is there a way to group PM hundreds of people?
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:52 PM
  #138  
tgibrit
User
 
tgibrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North East
Posts: 378
Default

Originally Posted by llstuey View Post
Whatever you do please take the part out about the car being a ticking time bomb and unsaleable - if you intend to send this around to media that's the part that will get headlines, and it isn't true.
As it stands the effect of this letter is going to be nothing from Porsche and maybe some incremental bad press about the car.
Sorry - I'm sure you mean well but I would not send this in current form.
Firstly, thank you for taking on this challenge for the benefit of us all. I would also remove this one particular statement. I would also remove the deadline at the end, perhaps something more open ended "we look forward to your feedback on our proposal ..."
tgibrit is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
  #139  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Originally Posted by tgibrit View Post
Firstly, thank you for taking on this challenge for the benefit of us all. I would also remove this one particular statement. I would also remove the deadline at the end, perhaps something more open ended "we look forward to your feedback on our proposal ..."
Both those changes are in the latest version.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
  #140  
tonymission
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tonymission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,047
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
I asked this before, but I will ask again. Is there a way to group PM hundreds of people?
Maybe too late if everyone has already sent you what was requested, but an email list would probably be better.
tonymission is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 03:56 PM
  #141  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Originally Posted by tonymission View Post
Maybe too late if everyone has already sent you what was requested, but an email list would probably be better.
Yeah, that would be a major operation at this stage, Tony. But I think we are almost there. I think I am just going to let people chew on this latest version, and assuming everyone is good, the letters go out Wednesday.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:28 PM
  #142  
Quadcammer
Super User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ
Posts: 12,726
Default

Sorry but this letter is a rambling mess. porsche is not concerned with what you think is of benefit to it nor does it care what you think is causing the problem. furthermore, what guarantee do you have that the 140 members are gt3 owners? finally, talking about people who buy porsche cars used is not gonna go a long way with them as they are most concerned with new car buyers.

Please have a lawyer heavily edit this. i dont think it needs to be on law firm letterhead but it needs major revison to have any impact
Quadcammer is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:29 PM
  #143  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
Sorry but this letter is a rambling mess. porsche is not concerned with what you think is of benefit to it nor does it care what you think is causing the problem. furthermore, what guarantee do you have that the 140 members are gt3 owners? finally, talking about people who buy porsche cars used is not gonna go a long way with them as they are most concerned with new car buyers.

Please have a lawyer heavily edit this. i dont think it needs to be on law firm letterhead but it needs major revison to have any impact
All feedback is appreciated.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:33 PM
  #144  
mass27
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 891
Default

Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
Sorry but this letter is a rambling mess. porsche is not concerned with what you think is of benefit to it nor does it care what you think is causing the problem. furthermore, what guarantee do you have that the 140 members are gt3 owners? finally, talking about people who buy porsche cars used is not gonna go a long way with them as they are most concerned with new car buyers.

Please have a lawyer heavily edit this. i dont think it needs to be on law firm letterhead but it needs major revison to have any impact
+1

Sorry guys, but this letter is a hot mess. It has poor word choice, is inconsistently passive then aggressive, has incorrect grammar, syntax, spelling, tense, superfluous words, sloppy, extraneous information, verbose, etc.

If I received a letter like this, it would be glanced at briefly (not even in its entirety) then tossed. If you really expect a desired outcome, letters can't be thrown together with 897349587 revisions with 9834 opinions and using private message as a medium to convey all of the above.

Oh, and yes, I do wish you the best outcome.
mass27 is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:43 PM
  #145  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Originally Posted by mass27 View Post
+1

Sorry guys, but this letter is a hot mess. It has poor word choice, is inconsistently passive then aggressive, has incorrect grammar, syntax, spelling, tense, superfluous words, sloppy, extraneous information, verbose, etc.

If I received a letter like this, it would be glanced at briefly (not even in its entirety) then tossed. If you really expect a desired outcome, letters can't be thrown together with 897349587 revisions with 9834 opinions and using private message as a medium to convey all of the above.

Oh, and yes, I do wish you the best outcome.
Nobody is stopping you from having a go at it. Easy to criticize. Much harder to actually do something.

Just saying.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:50 PM
  #146  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Update: I have received a ton of positive feedback, but i have also received 2 PM's related to the length of the letter. What I am going to do is have a second set of eyes review this, and tighten things up a bit. This isn't about ego. We all want this to succeed, and if a better written, more concise version accomplishes that, then that is what has to happen.

Let me see how quickly I can get a revised edit turned around.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
  #147  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,474
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
Nobody is stopping you from having a go at it. Easy to criticize. Much harder to actually do something.

Just saying.
Ive not read the letter but the first question that needs to be asked is if you want this back in the media now that the fire problem is really yesterday's news. There is a very high probability PAG does nothing and this whole thing causes more harm than good, especially for market values.
NateOZ is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM
  #148  
mass27
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 891
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
Nobody is stopping you from having a go at it. Easy to criticize. Much harder to actually do something.

Just saying.

You are writing a letter to a multi billion dollar Company and your conclusion to what I wrote is "just saying?"

Furthermore, I don't need to have a "go" at "it". You asked for input, don't be surprised if not all of the input is positive.

It needs to be rewritten by a competent, industry specific attorney. Completely rewritten, but many of the concepts may stay. Sending it as is can actually cause more damage than good.
mass27 is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM
  #149  
robmypro
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
Thread Starter
 
robmypro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,363
Default

Originally Posted by mass27 View Post
You are writing a letter to a multi billion dollar Company and your conclusion to what I wrote is "just saying?"

Furthermore, I don't need to have a "go" at "it". You asked for input, don't be surprised if not all of the input is positive.

It needs to be rewritten by a competent, industry specific attorney. Completely rewritten, but many of the concepts may stay. Sending it as is can actually cause more damage than good.
Appreciate the feedback.
robmypro is offline  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:00 PM
  #150  
mass27
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 891
Default

Originally Posted by robmypro View Post
Appreciate the feedback.
Wish you and all GT3 owners the best of luck in this endeavor, but you are most likely going to get one shot at this. I think you hit the brakes and nail this letter in precisely the proper format to have the greatest impact.
mass27 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: