Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 03:49 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by LAPorsche3
I like where this is going. Thanks for putting this together.

Though one question I have is about "Market Value Deterioration".

I wonder if there's a way to get some numbers make a more compelling case. Like comparing 2014 vs 2015 days on market and/or transactional price/asking price ratios, also wholesale auction prices trends. Perhaps grabbing some basic listing numbers from various websites though actual sale price maybe tough.

Will dealers be willing to assist for this cause?
Thank you for providing feedback. I am not sure how much attention we want to give to market value, to be honest. This entire is much more than just people afraid they can't sell their cars for a decent amount. I think we want to be careful NOT to send Porsche that message.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:50 PM
robmypro
Race Director

I asked this before, but I will ask again. Is there a way to group PM hundreds of people?
Old 05-01-2017, 03:52 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
Whatever you do please take the part out about the car being a ticking time bomb and unsaleable - if you intend to send this around to media that's the part that will get headlines, and it isn't true.
As it stands the effect of this letter is going to be nothing from Porsche and maybe some incremental bad press about the car.
Sorry - I'm sure you mean well but I would not send this in current form.
Firstly, thank you for taking on this challenge for the benefit of us all. I would also remove this one particular statement. I would also remove the deadline at the end, perhaps something more open ended "we look forward to your feedback on our proposal ..."
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by tgibrit
Firstly, thank you for taking on this challenge for the benefit of us all. I would also remove this one particular statement. I would also remove the deadline at the end, perhaps something more open ended "we look forward to your feedback on our proposal ..."
Both those changes are in the latest version.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:53 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
I asked this before, but I will ask again. Is there a way to group PM hundreds of people?
Maybe too late if everyone has already sent you what was requested, but an email list would probably be better.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:56 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by tonymission
Maybe too late if everyone has already sent you what was requested, but an email list would probably be better.
Yeah, that would be a major operation at this stage, Tony. But I think we are almost there. I think I am just going to let people chew on this latest version, and assuming everyone is good, the letters go out Wednesday.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:28 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,370 Likes on 793 Posts

Sorry but this letter is a rambling mess. porsche is not concerned with what you think is of benefit to it nor does it care what you think is causing the problem. furthermore, what guarantee do you have that the 140 members are gt3 owners? finally, talking about people who buy porsche cars used is not gonna go a long way with them as they are most concerned with new car buyers.

Please have a lawyer heavily edit this. i dont think it needs to be on law firm letterhead but it needs major revison to have any impact
Old 05-01-2017, 04:29 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
Sorry but this letter is a rambling mess. porsche is not concerned with what you think is of benefit to it nor does it care what you think is causing the problem. furthermore, what guarantee do you have that the 140 members are gt3 owners? finally, talking about people who buy porsche cars used is not gonna go a long way with them as they are most concerned with new car buyers.

Please have a lawyer heavily edit this. i dont think it needs to be on law firm letterhead but it needs major revison to have any impact
All feedback is appreciated.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:33 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer

+1

Sorry guys, but this letter is a hot mess. It has poor word choice, is inconsistently passive then aggressive, has incorrect grammar, syntax, spelling, tense, superfluous words, sloppy, extraneous information, verbose, etc.

If I received a letter like this, it would be glanced at briefly (not even in its entirety) then tossed. If you really expect a desired outcome, letters can't be thrown together with 897349587 revisions with 9834 opinions and using private message as a medium to convey all of the above.

Oh, and yes, I do wish you the best outcome.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:43 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by mass27
+1

Sorry guys, but this letter is a hot mess. It has poor word choice, is inconsistently passive then aggressive, has incorrect grammar, syntax, spelling, tense, superfluous words, sloppy, extraneous information, verbose, etc.

If I received a letter like this, it would be glanced at briefly (not even in its entirety) then tossed. If you really expect a desired outcome, letters can't be thrown together with 897349587 revisions with 9834 opinions and using private message as a medium to convey all of the above.

Oh, and yes, I do wish you the best outcome.
Nobody is stopping you from having a go at it. Easy to criticize. Much harder to actually do something.

Just saying.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:50 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Update: I have received a ton of positive feedback, but i have also received 2 PM's related to the length of the letter. What I am going to do is have a second set of eyes review this, and tighten things up a bit. This isn't about ego. We all want this to succeed, and if a better written, more concise version accomplishes that, then that is what has to happen.

Let me see how quickly I can get a revised edit turned around.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Nobody is stopping you from having a go at it. Easy to criticize. Much harder to actually do something.

Just saying.
Ive not read the letter but the first question that needs to be asked is if you want this back in the media now that the fire problem is really yesterday's news. There is a very high probability PAG does nothing and this whole thing causes more harm than good, especially for market values.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Just saying.

You are writing a letter to a multi billion dollar Company and your conclusion to what I wrote is "just saying?"

Furthermore, I don't need to have a "go" at "it". You asked for input, don't be surprised if not all of the input is positive.

It needs to be rewritten by a competent, industry specific attorney. Completely rewritten, but many of the concepts may stay. Sending it as is can actually cause more damage than good.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:58 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by mass27
You are writing a letter to a multi billion dollar Company and your conclusion to what I wrote is "just saying?"

Furthermore, I don't need to have a "go" at "it". You asked for input, don't be surprised if not all of the input is positive.

It needs to be rewritten by a competent, industry specific attorney. Completely rewritten, but many of the concepts may stay. Sending it as is can actually cause more damage than good.
Appreciate the feedback.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:00 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Appreciate the feedback.
Wish you and all GT3 owners the best of luck in this endeavor, but you are most likely going to get one shot at this. I think you hit the brakes and nail this letter in precisely the proper format to have the greatest impact.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Concerned Owners Group