Old 04-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Jamie,
can you confirm the oil filter replacement for a '16RS?
I have Porsche # 9A110720391 Mahle OC 1049/1
thanks!
Don't have that one memorized quite yet, will ask John at the shop on Monday!
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 04-29-2017, 08:44 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 129 Posts

Hey Jamie, just wanted to let you know you put the fear of god in me over the finger follower/variable oil pressure issue. I'll be waiting for a 991.2gt3 lol
Old 04-30-2017, 01:49 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why we never saw DMS vs stock head to head? (Except the one Matt's video where there were bone even)

Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by richardbf
Hey Jamie, just wanted to let you know you put the fear of god in me over the finger follower/variable oil pressure issue. I'll be waiting for a 991.2gt3 lol

Fear not under warranty... Drive your car and don't fret. If you want a 991.2 get one!
Originally Posted by qbix
Why we never saw DMS vs stock head to head? (Except the one Matt's video where there were bone even)

Not sure, most likely don't want to run them up to 130+ in a higher gear to start to show HP differences on public roads. We've had customers with before and after 1/4 mile times show gains, before and after dynos and most once they feel the difference in the car don't bother as they can tell it's faster.

Our opinion is street racing is dangerous and a well controlled dyno is the best way to see before and after torque and HP gains...
Old 04-30-2017, 10:29 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Fear not under warranty... Drive your car and don't fret. If you want a 991.2 get one!

Not sure, most likely don't want to run them up to 130+ in a higher gear to start to show HP differences on public roads. We've had customers with before and after 1/4 mile times show gains, before and after dynos and most once they feel the difference in the car don't bother as they can tell it's faster.

Our opinion is street racing is dangerous and a well controlled dyno is the best way to see before and after torque and HP gains...
The guys in the Emirates usually have bigger 'liberties' regarding speeds, a vbox would be enough. Do you have any set in Europe?
Old 04-30-2017, 11:46 PM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
The guys in the Emirates usually have bigger 'liberties' regarding speeds, a vbox would be enough. Do you have any set in Europe?
My catted system will be installed next week. The car is in Germany and I will be there at the end of June. Will try to take a video of a run vs my friends stock RS. I will also have another friend coming over who will have the catted system installed with test pipes...
Old 05-01-2017, 04:12 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports

I agree that street racing is dangerous.
Why your headers would only show gains in higher speeds?
The thing is that 1/4 mile run is different each time unless you are a pro 1/4 racer and do it in exactly same conditions. I don't trust dyno as you can manipulate them as you like and we already learnt that the way you measure the gains is also controversial to say at least (forcing air into engine- GT4 guy thread).

I would trust a user having consistent lap times at one track to report how it goes. I remember Macca was promising to do that but never heard any feedback from him.
Of course that your customers will feel the gains. After paying that much money (not saying that your product should be cheaper here!). I was actually one of them (Akra Evo in M3) unless I took DynoJet and checked that was in fact placebo effect.

I agree that you will see just a few HP from the sport cats and additional 10-15HP from the ECU tune but there is no way you get 30-40HP from the headers alone. That is not only my opinion but any reputable tune shop. I have no business here so please excuse me stating the above.
I will eat my hat if I proven wrong.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:43 AM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Hope it's okay that I can ask these here as it's related to the 997. When will the catted version for the 997.2 come out? Also, is the 4.0 intake plenum a direct bolt on?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Asco
My catted system will be installed next week. The car is in Germany and I will be there at the end of June. Will try to take a video of a run vs my friends stock RS. I will also have another friend coming over who will have the catted system installed with test pipes...
Could you do vbox with before and after? That would be the more reliable test.

Waiting to see your before and after videos to see if there is a closure on this matter, in this forum.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:17 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

we already learnt that the way you measure the gains is also controversial to say at least (forcing air into engine- GT4 guy thread).
What is controversial about that? Isn't that how the engine operates in its native environment (on the road, on the track)?
Old 05-02-2017, 12:01 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tonymission
What is controversial about that? Isn't that how the engine operates in its native environment (on the road, on the track)?
Nothing as long as you do it to the reference dyno as well.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:03 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Asco
That would be just awesome. German highways with no speed limits. Perfect place to compare (provided no traffic).
Old 05-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I agree that street racing is dangerous.
Why your headers would only show gains in higher speeds?
The thing is that 1/4 mile run is different each time unless you are a pro 1/4 racer and do it in exactly same conditions. I don't trust dyno as you can manipulate them as you like and we already learnt that the way you measure the gains is also controversial to say at least (forcing air into engine- GT4 guy thread).

I would trust a user having consistent lap times at one track to report how it goes. I remember Macca was promising to do that but never heard any feedback from him.
Of course that your customers will feel the gains. After paying that much money (not saying that your product should be cheaper here!). I was actually one of them (Akra Evo in M3) unless I took DynoJet and checked that was in fact placebo effect.

I agree that you will see just a few HP from the sport cats and additional 10-15HP from the ECU tune but there is no way you get 30-40HP from the headers alone. That is not only my opinion but any reputable tune shop. I have no business here so please excuse me stating the above.
I will eat my hat if I proven wrong.
We have measured before and after on multiple dyno's. We don't manipulate our data, it's been confirmed multiple times by multiple people (including Matt Moreman) and customers around the world. If people don't choose to believe, that's fine. Plenty of "reputable shops" don't know anything about pulsed gas flow or how to manipulate it and they're trying to sell whatever brand they like at the time...

If our methods are controversial because we're trying to control the intake air temps then I can't help you. We're about controlling variables that directly effect power production (like IAT) and if you think the force of the fans influenced the manifold pressure and add air to the manifold, try again, no tiny fan will be able to duplicate 100-150mph runs and we monitor that. Science is not debatable...

Let's not turn this thread into an "I don't believe all the data you've generated because I don't want to believe you..." We have 0.5sec 1/4 mile time gains, 40whp gains on our dyna pack dyno, a dynojet dyno belonging to a friend, and Titan Motorsports dyno showed 50+ whp gains on Matt Moreman's car. For the RS we've demonstrated how IAT can influence the baseline numbers and the final numbers similar to other side inlet cars. We're as transparent as possible and as honest as can be.

It's understandable to continue to doubt, but at some point when we've sold 100's of systems and no one comes on the forum and says anything negative, the proof is in the pudding.

Originally Posted by a_Y
Hope it's okay that I can ask these here as it's related to the 997. When will the catted version for the 997.2 come out? Also, is the 4.0 intake plenum a direct bolt on?
Of course! We're working on a similar setup to the 991 Catted and mating the 997.1 and .2 headers to it. We're hopeful to have them out in the next 6-8 weeks. For the 997.2 RS the 4.0RS plenum is appropriate with our Race Headers. For the 997.2 GT3 we're testing our plenum design melds the 3.8RS plenum with a 3.6 center so it's a direct bolt on. (the 997.2 GT3 has the same plenum as the 997.1 3.6L).

Nothing as long as you do it to the reference dyno as well.
We always use the same conditions on our before and after dynos... We have integrity, stand behind our product with insane levels of support, guarantees and don't lie. Period.

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 05-02-2017 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:18 AM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 05-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Alekshop
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
A classy question - is it possible to run catted Dundon headers on a GT3 and pass sound at Laguna with GPS module and turn-away pipes?
Max we have a customer who did 2 days at Laguna back to back and had no issues.

Car sound amazing and pulls very strong! Quite a bit of weight was removed as well with Dundon setup and much less heat being generated in the rear.

Quick Reply: Q&A with Dundon