Sponsored by:

Please Help: Rennlist Forum addiction

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 06:52 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default Please Help: Rennlist Forum addiction

My name is Alessandro, and I have a problem. I'm addicted to anything which has wheels and a motor, and it's affecting my life, my friendships, and my livelihood. I have an especially strong addiction to weird egg shaped cars from Germany. All my decisions, including how and where I will get married, revolve around this problem. I am here to seek help from my fellow addicts. I've been asked by my therapist to share my story, so here goes.

After returning from the Smokies event this weekend, my fiancé asked me if we could take a break from any conversation remotely related to motors of any kind, and Porsches in particular. I assured her last night, that after driving fantastic cars all weekend, getting my rocks off on the track, doing hard launches on a deserted runway in a 918, and talking about cars nonstop for four days straight with like-minded individuals… That I knew I needed to detox my brain, and that I was concerned about my mental health… I basically reached out for help. She told me that I needed to try to focus on other things which mattered in life. I had no ducking clue what she could possibly be referring to but I eagerly agreed. She made me promise not to get on Rennlist today, to change a habit. So...

I woke up this morning and I checked my Stocks, the news, Facebook… Then started working. I was doing really well for an entire 10 minutes. Seriously... baby steps.

Then, the worst idea in the world occurred to me… I realized I could actually listen to Rennlist while doing other things, so that in reality… I was never really on Rennlist. Needless to say I opened the Rennlist app on my iPhone, then did the two finger swipe down which activates the accessible reading functionality for blind people … and started listening to Rennlist through my headphones. after about five minutes, I touched the rabbit button to double the speaking speed… And a little bit later I sped it up again so that I ended up going so fast that I was absorbing about a page every 30 seconds. 12 hours later, and I have learned more about Porsche's , and heard more pointless banter today, then in the entire previous month combined. For example, did you know that on a Pirelli p7 cinturato on an 80's 930 turbo, it's important to lower pressure when doing a burnout if you're in a Spanish speaking country?.. yep, it's true according to forum member "porschenut87blingyspinners" .. he heard it from another member who spoke to AP's grandfather who confirmed it, allegedly.

Finding a way to listen to Rennlist rather than having to actually read it, was the equivalent of going from taking the occasional bump at a party… to Just straight up living in the crackhouse mainlining the stuff. I'm posting this because my therapist told me that talking about a problem makes you recognize that it's real.

I'll stop here so maybe others with the same problem can share their story. In the meantime I'll go edit some videos from this weekend… Some driving impressions I want to share, as well as discuss the nuances in the green tint of Miami green versus the more subtle Mexico blue. Also, how Meissen blue is actually darker than gulf blue if you're in the southern hemisphere... said my cleaning lady.

Gotta go.. bye!
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

So you've gone from the occasional hit to mainlining RL, addiction amplified! Sounds about right.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:42 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

What are you doing that is abnormal? Sounds pretty normal to me! Maybe you need a different therapist!

Good meeting you his weekend

Tal
Old 04-24-2017, 07:52 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

And i thought i had problems. LOL

Last edited by robmypro; 04-24-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:52 PM
808Bill
Rennlist Member

Received 805 Likes on 543 Posts

She's not right for you, find a new fiance!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

For starters - start sharing your stuff at parties rather than hoarding it to yourself. This will teach you discipline and leave you wondering at the end of the night why you did that
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

To funny
Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Same exact here.
But don't worry, there is no problem. They're just haters.
Its only a problem If you need to be in company of others or can't afford it.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:41 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^ Trakcar you would have remind of the cost factor , car a Ernie's yesterday for yet another set of cups .

problem, no problem wake ck RL all day ck RL , post something most won't understand ck back incessantly for some response all day , lunch ck RL get annoyed about poor wifi for inability to maintain RL speed connection for video viewing yadayada mid of the night not sleeping no problem
read a few more RL pages . Yep Alex no worry your not alone , although perhaps you should be concerned about the company you are associating with here..... Try and figure out Mooty Code that's a problem LOL , PT3 colors , engine fires in Atlanta, some guy FX something, someone with a 8 Ball and so on .....R my Pro something , a bean counting martian , Geez the
radiation factor screws up ones memory , or unlike Bill Clinton maybe I inhaled I don't remember ..... Oh how about Jimmy Dean sausage king ..

so on .. what about green thread I should start a new want green car green thread thing on a .2

Oh That Go Pro thing , years back first time a the Glen push the buttom record my first day there that night 400 miles back to R.I. hook the thing up to the TV yup blank F****ker .

Deacster

Last edited by R.Deacon; 04-25-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I won a GoPro once. Tried it one day and gave it away...
Old 04-25-2017, 12:05 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

it's way cheaper to chk RL day and night rather than hang out at cigar parlor, bar, strip joint etc.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:09 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it's way cheaper to chk RL day and night rather than hang out at cigar parlor, bar, strip joint etc.

amen
Old 04-25-2017, 12:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ plus chaosoul provides some real info, not just pink deviating stitching that gets me so excited.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:25 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^ plus chaosoul provides some real info, not just pink deviating stitching that gets me so excited.

What if I told you pink instrument dial letterings (on white background) is possible?
Old 04-25-2017, 01:55 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

let me see. You get checked in to mental hospital and ask the other patients if you are normal

Quick Reply: Please Help: Rennlist Forum addiction