Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove a GT3RS. I get it now!

Old 04-25-2017, 02:15 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
My 991TTS with sharkwerks exhaust, new michelin pilot 4S, and burmeister is sublime.

Agreed RS is great but I don't track much and I love the launch of the TTS and its just fine in the twisties.
No disrespect to the turbo meant. It is a beast and I may well have felt different if the drive was on my normal rural roads as opposed to the track. In fact my last instructor at PEC (who were all factory P drivers, I think) said if he could own any Porsche in the line up, it would be the turbo. There was just something so special in the sauce of that RS....

J
Old 04-25-2017, 08:21 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

They are both great...

Just ordered the .2GT3!!!

Its a good time to be an enthusiast. Lucky to live in LA and have some great roads in my backyard.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
They are both great...

Just ordered the .2GT3!!!

Its a good time to be an enthusiast. Lucky to live in LA and have some great roads in my backyard.
Congrats on your .2 order.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:53 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 938 Likes on 420 Posts

Just drove my RS down to Smokies event- 8 hours each way. It was surprisingly comfortable. Would I want to do that for every vacation, eh no. However, it was better then anticipated as a GT car. That being said, Im ordering my GT3.2 to be a much more civilized car at my wife's request. She repeatly commented about how annoying it was to climb in and out of the buckets. But my word the RS is just amazing.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:57 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Just drove my RS down to Smokies event- 8 hours each way. It was surprisingly comfortable. Would I want to do that for every vacation, eh no. However, it was better then anticipated as a GT car. That being said, Im ordering my GT3.2 to be a much more civilized car at my wife's request. She repeatly commented about how annoying it was to climb in and out of the buckets. But my word the RS is just amazing.
I sure noticed the steep sill to get into the bucket, but once in, thought they were very comfortable. I'm not sure my wife would agree!

Jim
Old 04-26-2017, 10:03 AM
tstafford
Rennlist Member

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Drive mine all around the SE for track stuff - 4K miles in two months. Totally agree that it's more comfortable than one might expect. It's good for folks who like an upright driving position.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drove a GT3RS. I get it now!