Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball

Old 04-19-2017, 02:46 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
So this color will be available on the .2 GT3??

Been waiting for a new non-PTS Yellow to arrive. RY does not do it for me. Now Signal does

Haha unfortunately I was told it won't be available on the GT3.

Originally Posted by mass27
Will option XEX Bi Xenon in Black be available. If not, why? To encourage people to get LED if they want black?

After 991.1, they decided its too many option choices for headlights for a car (5 choices including non-PDLS), so Porsche decided to slash one. However to compromise they made the PDLS headlights into partial black as I mentioned in the other post. The non-PDLS will be full silver/chrome.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Thanks.

Of the model introductions coming in the short term...I think you said 9...are any of them new 911 models we will be surprised by? By that I mean not offered in either 997 or 991.1 generations.

Not really haha. You'll see the speedster in the near future if that counts
Old 04-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

^ Thanks again...will the Speedster be turbo or N/A?
Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Haha unfortunately I was told it won't be available on the GT3.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:13 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

This is my new favourite thread! Thanks for the great info!
Can you speak about the process of choosing new colours? What was the origin of SY and Chalk? Who makes the decisions? Also do you know who runs the PTS program and who determines when the windows open and close?
Do you have more info on the 911 special reveal coming at Goodwood? And any forecast for a swan song 911 RS like the 4.0 was for 997?
Old 04-19-2017, 03:50 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Can you speak about the process of choosing new colours? What was the origin of SY and Chalk? Who makes the decisions? Also do you know who runs the PTS program and who determines when the windows open and close?
Do you have more info on the 911 special reveal coming at Goodwood? And any forecast for a swan song 911 RS like the 4.0 was for 997?
Agree. This thread and the PTS by Eduardo.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:16 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
There may be a late June production for Europe, but as it stands all US GT3 are July production and onwards (so more like week 27-28), the very first ones should arrive at the US ports mid August. When PCNA will release the car from port is up to them (and CARB and EPA). You'll most likely see them in mid September. September builds will arrive October/November, October builds will arrive November/December, so on.

I don't have German factory cycle production information but the first batch of allocations have all been released from July production to end of December production 2017. It looks like there are only less than 400 allocations given out including 918 VIP and VVIP allocations. With the factory holiday closing in August, essentially there will be only 4 and a half month of production this year.

Every single GT3, including ones built for VIP, will be PDK up till late September productions. Manual transmission will begin production late September (but as always, subject to possible delays).
You rock! Seriously though... spot on because my 1st cycle (PDK and at msrp) order is V200 and estimated delivery is Sept.... so thanks for the details.
My manual order won't be assigned until when/after the next batch of allocations are distributed.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:45 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Can you start a poll to find out how many of the round 1 allocations are in the hands of RL's?
Old 04-19-2017, 05:53 PM
80s
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Chaosoul:
This will be the one most important q of this thread.
What is up with this ad????????
Old 04-19-2017, 07:40 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

One day, we'll ask too many questions of him, and he'll just disappear, the golden goose so to say ..and we'll never know who he was.

There will be a legend of chousoul.. the only real cleaning lady we ever had…

Peace out, I just arrived at Smokies in atl… Looking forward to meeting bunch of people on this forum
Old 04-19-2017, 07:45 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Will the admins one day create a sub-forum dedicated to people who enjoy driving these cars?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph

I don't know specifically of how they come up with new colors and the process is. From speaking with project managers, and designers, I know that every year they'd like to bring one 1-2 new colors on different models, and Porsche doesn't not like to bring back old colors that much. The designer works with the paint shop, supplier, etc to come up with a few new colors to present to the team and management, and they probably pick one to include in certain models this year and onwards. The naming is usually done by the marketing department, designers and development team can give them their suggestions of name of colors and such but its not guaranteed the marketing team won't change it.

The PTS window is completely depended on the plant manager working with production/allocations to work out a time that can bleed out an assembly line to paint all the PTS cars of that model at once. PTS process, because of feasibility and testing, takes much longer time so it slows down the assembly line a lot if you just have one PTS car stuck in the middle of a bunch of regular paint cars. In reality, the more PTS cars they do, the less total production they will make. A lot of times the factory will be pressured to make a certain amount of cars in a certain period so they really don't like putting in too many PTS cars. 911R is a perfect example, its a limited edition car, which as funny as it sounds, you can't make more than 991, but you also cant make less than 991 of them, you can't just make 800 and call it a day. It was towards the end of 2016 so they were pressured to finish all the cars before last day of December (excluding like CXX and customs). That's why they had less than 100 PTS even though technically everyone is VIP or VVIP.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Will the admins one day create a sub-forum dedicated to people who enjoy driving these cars?
Yet you keep coming back to these threads...

Seriously, what's stopping people from starting threads about their car? If it wasn't for these pricing/allocation threads, this subforum would be as dead as the GT4 subforum. The discussion always changes to speculation between model cycles.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Best thread ever.

Is CXX stitching and calipers next to impossible to get and do they cost an arm and a leg or just an arm?

Would love PTS with matching deviated stitching and calipers.

Can you make a suggestion to get rid of the PCCB must = yellow crap? Think of how much money they could make if they let us choose the type of brake AND the colour of the calipers! What a novel idea!
Old 04-19-2017, 08:08 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yet you keep coming back to these threads...

Seriously, what's stopping people from starting threads about their car? If it wasn't for these pricing/allocation threads, this subforum would be as dead as the GT4 subforum. The discussion always changes to speculation between model cycles.
I was hanging out in the 930 forum, but slitting my wrists seemed more appealing. But you are right. People are naturally focusing on these topics. Hey, I did say "sub forum" lol.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:35 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Do not tell her. When car shows up go home and act all upset and ask her what you should do. That they are not making any more PDKs and you are stuck...

If you can sell that good luck
Just might have to use this as a last resort. Hell, what could she possibly do to me now after 36 yrs?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball