Sponsored by:

Lotus Evora 400 / Evora Sport 410

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:14 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
And as much as one would rip it for having a 'Camry' engine, on the other side it's a very smooth, proven, reliable 'Camry' engine. Seems to make a lot a lot of power, is very drivable, and sounds wicked. I wonder how the ride quality of the 410 compares to the 400 and whether you can spec a 410 without all the stickers on the side and rear. Guessing no speccing going on, given the low production volumes of the 410.
Great post and is consistent with everything I've learned. As to your questions, I understand from both a dealer and a long-time enthusiast from LotusTalk that you can spec the Sport 410 without the decals and with other individual preferences through Lotus Exclusive. I also understand the Sport 410 ride is harsher than the 400, which I suppose is to be expected since it's really the race/track version of the 400. The comments about the Camry engine don't overly concern me as I imagine only an extremely small number of participants have ever even driven an Evora 400/410, never mind owned one ... so my sense is they're mostly recycled internet chatter. It's the the absence of a dealership in a 5-hour radius that is stopping me, for the time being at least, from writing a check. Thanks for your input in this thread.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I spent a little time watching some of the video reviews of the car and I think the 400 would suit me more than the 410. I'm going to take a closer look once I have some closure on the GT3 allocation thing. I have leg/hip issues that make owning a manual problematic for me though, and I'd want that car in the 6 speed. Would be a bit of a risk for me, but a lot less coin invested in that than in some of the other cars out there offering similar performance.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:33 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 169 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Great post and is consistent with everything I've learned. As to your questions, I understand from both a dealer and a long-time enthusiast from LotusTalk that you can spec the Sport 410 without the decals and with other individual preferences through Lotus Exclusive. I also understand the Sport 410 ride is harsher than the 400, which I suppose is to be expected since it's really the race/track version of the 400. The comments about the Camry engine don't overly concern me as I imagine only an extremely small number of participants have ever even driven an Evora 400/410, never mind owned one ... so my sense is they're mostly recycled internet chatter. It's the the absence of a dealership in a 5-hour radius that is stopping me, for the time being at least, from writing a check. Thanks for your input in this thread.
If you PM your location to me, I might be able to help you find an independent Lotus shop for the basic maintenance (if that is of interest to you). You can also ping Shinoo @ InoKinetic for some thoughts.

Warranty work will of course be a hassle with no dealer within 5 hours.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:34 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by vantage
If you PM your location to me, I might be able to help you find an independent Lotus shop for the basic maintenance (if that is of interest to you). You can also ping Shinoo @ InoKinetic for some thoughts.

Warranty work will of course be a hassle with no dealer within 5 hours.
Thank you, vantage. If I decide to pull the trigger, I'll definitely take you up on that. At the moment, I'm focused on my GT3 allocation/order but I do love the Sport 410.

Quick Reply: Lotus Evora 400 / Evora Sport 410