Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, I'm that 19 y/o Swiss guy who wanted to go to the US - Here is how it turned out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 03:46 AM
hypeber
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

awesome!!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 07:37 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rubbish thread. I am surprised that the admins have let this thread remain. Complete waste of bandwidth. I have seen more relevant yet technically OT threads removed before. As touching as this thread may be to some it does not belong here. Let's keep the discussion narrowly to the gt3 and RS here.
Imagine if we all started posting our vacations here what this forum would become.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:43 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 486 Posts

Hell of a trip, as a bonus, thanks for the picture you smuggled from Singer...because the blue one right past the grey car is mine haha, looks like it's still in one piece...
Old 04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 31 Posts

Fantastic story and pictures. Thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Rubbish thread. I am surprised that the admins have let this thread remain. Complete waste of bandwidth. I have seen more relevant yet technically OT threads removed before. As touching as this thread may be to some it does not belong here. Let's keep the discussion narrowly to the gt3 and RS here.
Imagine if we all started posting our vacations here what this forum would become.
By that definition I would have been banned a long time ago. BTW, need a used GoPro?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:28 PM
Para82
Race Car

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Glad you enjoyed the USA - it's a great country and so is Switzerland. Looks like it was a great trip, well done!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:46 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 592 Posts

Great read, Dan seems like an awesome guy. Best of luck to both of you! ..

The US is an amazing country (many warm and good people). I'm an immigrant living in CA for 29 years. You always miss "home" but CA is great. Super expensive for housing in West LA and crowded but awesome.
Old 04-24-2017, 04:04 PM
MerlinRS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Hell of a trip, as a bonus, thanks for the picture you smuggled from Singer...because the blue one right past the grey car is mine haha, looks like it's still in one piece...
Your Singer is amazing!

Originally Posted by chance
Fantastic story and pictures. Thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading it and taking your time to comment.

Originally Posted by robmypro
By that definition I would have been banned a long time ago. BTW, need a used GoPro?

Originally Posted by Para82
Glad you enjoyed the USA - it's a great country and so is Switzerland. Looks like it was a great trip, well done!
Thank you
Originally Posted by rodsky
Great read, Dan seems like an awesome guy. Best of luck to both of you! ..

The US is an amazing country (many warm and good people). I'm an immigrant living in CA for 29 years. You always miss "home" but CA is great. Super expensive for housing in West LA and crowded but awesome.
Thanks! I will definitely go back to California, three days don't do the place justice. Maybe we'll meet in a few years

Thanks everyone once again for the kind comments and support. Much appreciated. If you are ever in Europe, particularly Switzerland, and need a place to stay or just want to meet let me know!

Quick Reply: Hi, I'm that 19 y/o Swiss guy who wanted to go to the US - Here is how it turned out!