Sponsored by:

991 GT3/RS Blackout Headlight Surrounds

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:35 PM
ProtectiveFilmSolutions
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991 GT3/RS Blackout Headlight Surrounds

Hey guys, Kyle, the owner of the Protective Film Solutions’ San Diego location runs an online store for stripes for your Porsche. You might have heard of it. It’s called KI Studios.

Well, for the longest time, the best selling product has been the blackout headlight trim for Porsche 987 and 997. These vinyl trim kits cover the silver rings around the headlights for a very nice blackout effect that looks like if it came from the factory like this.

For a while the trim kits were not offered for the 991 Porsche because on these cars the rings are a darker grey.

The blackout trim kits have still been installed on plenty of local cars that came in for clear bra, wraps or the like. Being that the kits have become pretty popular locally, Kyle decided to finally offer them in the store.

Currently, they are only available for the 991 GT3 and 991 GT3 RS as they are designed to fit only the ones that have the LED headlights option. They might fit other 991s that have the LED headlights option, but so far they’ve only been tested and guaranteed to fit the GT3 and GT3 RS with this option.

This is how they look:

If you are interested in ordering these you can buy them straight from the online store here.

Shipping is only like $10 or so. They are made to order, but are usually cut and shipped within 2-4 days.

By the way, if you are interested in them for other 991s like the Carrera, Turbo, etc, let me know via PM or post to the thread and I’ll see what I can do. -Danny
Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

What's the difference in the two pics?

Quick Reply: 991 GT3/RS Blackout Headlight Surrounds