Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have to take my shoes off before driving now...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 03:01 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I love those floor mats, but can't understand why people have fire extinguishers in a road car.. I can think of a lot of other emergency paraphernalia I would carry around before I would consider the cost/benefit of a fire extinguisher. I realize I'm in minority here as many seem to order one.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:10 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I love those floor mats, but can't understand why people have fire extinguishers in a road car.. I can think of a lot of other emergency paraphernalia I would carry around before I would consider the cost/benefit of a fire extinguisher. I realize I'm in minority here as many seem to order one.
Because racecar man. I'll take the 150$ fire extinguisher over some of the expensive and unnecessary options people put on these cars... But then again,everyone's different so nothing wrong with that...
I think the wrinkles will go away...they're probably from the way it sat in packaging...
Old 03-22-2017, 05:52 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

This is a part of the CS package, and it is mandatory to have a fire extinguisher in your car in some countries (like Belgium).
Old 03-22-2017, 07:11 AM
Jono809
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42
Looks great.

How is the fire extinguisher mount attached to the chassis? Does Porsche have prepare mount points for that?
It was fitted by the dealer before delivery, but I believe it's just bolted into the chassis, looks like there was a pre-cut hole in the carpet.

Comes with the clubsport pack but we need them for local track days as they're a mandatory requirement...don't know why, don't think anyone would actually use it if their car was on fire. I assume it's to help get out if there's fire in the cabin. I just leave it in the car as it's not used daily anyway...
Old 03-22-2017, 10:53 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

It's cheap, it's a little fun, and puts riders on notice that if they smoke in the car there are consequences....
Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Because some groups require a FE in the car if you want to go on track. For $140, it is actually a cheap option
Old 03-31-2017, 06:08 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, over here it is a legal requirement, so we don't really have a choice with regards to fire extinguisher :-)

Quick Reply: Have to take my shoes off before driving now...