Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color would you order for your .2 GT3?
Black
2.96%
White
8.88%
Guards Red
8.00%
Racing Yellow
2.85%
Carrara White Metallic
3.29%
Jet Black Metallic
1.54%
Graphite Blue Metallic
6.14%
Rhodium Silver
1.54%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
5.26%
Agate Grey Metallic
3.40%
GT Silver Metallic
11.51%
Carmine Red
5.48%
Chalk / Crayon
12.28%
Lava Orange
2.63%
Miami Blue
10.64%
PTS, or take this allocation and shove it!
13.60%
Voters: 912. You may not vote on this poll

.2 GT3 COLOR POLL

Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 AM
Seranad
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the RHODIUM doesnt get any love i see
unjustified in my opinion :-)
the slight blue works great with all the black accents of the new GT3
Old 03-22-2017, 08:53 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

While i am not a fan of silver cars.. Rhodium is quite striking with it's blue hues.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:09 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Seranad

That is what color I am going to get. I agree this color is over looked
Old 03-22-2017, 09:21 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Interesting poll:

1. I wonder how many people voted will (a) actually get the car, (b) actually get the color they voted
2. I wonder what that actual color %s will be - anyone have this data for previous GT3: 997, 997.1, 991.1.

I bet GT Silver (or some variant), Black, White combined account for at least 40% of all previous sales.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:31 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Seranad

Had a Polar silver C4S and loved the hint of blue in it. Seeing Rhodium a few times, I think it shares some similar looks.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Interesting just went that direction earlier this morning - stating willing to wait for Birch.

If it doesn't happen may sell the Voo Doo RS and order Miami.
DO NOT DO THAT EVER!!!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Interesting poll:

1. I wonder how many people voted will (a) actually get the car, (b) actually get the color they voted
2. I wonder what that actual color %s will be - anyone have this data for previous GT3: 997, 997.1, 991.1.

I bet GT Silver (or some variant), Black, White combined account for at least 40% of all previous sales.
Yeah, I think there are probably a lot more people checking Miami Blue, Graphite Blue, and Chalk/Crayon in this poll than will actually order it when forced to make a final decision. Many will end up ordering white or GT silver when they get cold feet about one of these colors.

Porsche could've got a lot more love from us if they deleted CWM and Jet Black from the colors offered, which aren't very popular and for most are virtually indistinguishable from regular white and black, and added a couple more interesting color options, especially a green (signal, viper, gelbrun anyone?) and perhaps a darker blue (DBM, midnight, meerblau).
Old 03-23-2017, 11:21 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

I voted chalk / crayon originally then kept changing between sapphire blue and gt silver

Now that i have seen this pic, i think my vote for chalk / crayon is the way to go!!!
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2017, 11:37 AM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Larry Carlsen has one on their lot. Let's meet up there Saturday morning for a look see

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
if anyone knows of a Miami Blue 911 in the bay area LMK ...
Old 03-23-2017, 11:51 AM
06C2s
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Not ordering a GT3, but yea Rhodium gets very little love. On the GT4 data base only 89 were ordered for NA. But I'm happy I got a semi rare GT4 Probably will be the same for any new GT3 order.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Spent some time at a dealership closely looking at every color in sunlight and in shade. They even moved some cars for me

Was originally going for GT Silver but it is just too "safe" and does not pop for me but a classic and some what mature look. RY is way too light shade of yellow for me but saw one covered in the Stealth(Matte) film - now that looked cool. My GT4 is CR and always looks good but GR is one fine looking color, as well. For the GT4 it was minimal $$ upgrade but hard to justify price wise now over GR. Saw Chalk on a on another car and I get what people like but not for me-not enough pop. Agate gives a little brown hue. Miami Blue-Like it a lot more than I thought. In the shade really a nice blue and in the Sun light is looks like the Carribean ocean. Makes me mellow out. If you like that type of blue( Gulf,Mexico ect - this would certainly work)

The Winner/Chicken dinner - With out any question for me is -"Graphite Blue Metallic". Just freakin awesome. Caught me by surpise actually. Really had a chance to see it in bright sunlight where it looks more greyish and in shade where more bluish. Love it.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:19 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Spent some time at a dealership closely looking at every color in sunlight and in shade. They even moved some cars for me

Was originally going for GT Silver but it is just too "safe" and does not pop for me but a classic and some what mature look. RY is way too light shade of yellow for me but saw one covered in the Stealth(Matte) film - now that looked cool. My GT4 is CR and always looks good but GR is one fine looking color, as well. For the GT4 it was minimal $$ upgrade but hard to justify price wise now over GR. Saw Chalk on a on another car and I get what people like but not for me-not enough pop. Agate gives a little brown hue. Miami Blue-Like it a lot more than I thought. In the shade really a nice blue and in the Sun light is looks like the Carribean ocean. Makes me mellow out. If you like that type of blue( Gulf,Mexico ect - this would certainly work)

The Winner/Chicken dinner - With out any question for me is -"Graphite Blue Metallic". Just freakin awesome. Caught me by surpise actually. Really had a chance to see it in bright sunlight where it looks more greyish and in shade where more bluish. Love it.
So you ordering in GBM? It looks awesome in the pic below
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2017, 06:24 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

YES - no hesitation. I have seen the color before a couple times inside a Dealership and never really paid much attention.Liked it but did not get all excited. When you get it in the sunlight it looks quite different and you can see how Metallic it looks and brings out a grey tone. Looks like that McLaren color in the sunlight. In shade - more blueish looking
Old 03-23-2017, 06:43 PM
jareda80
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
So you ordering in GBM? It looks awesome in the pic below
YES - no hesitation. I have seen the color before a couple times inside a Dealership and never really paid much attention.Liked it but did not get all excited. When you get it in the sunlight it looks quite different and you can see how Metallic it looks and brings out a grey tone. Looks like that McLaren color in the sunlight. In shade - more blueish looking
These pics have me rethinking GBM all over again, even after looking at it on a 4S last week inside the showroom. Seeing it in these pics in the sun with all the satin black really looks different that seeing it in the showroom. By simplifying the color pallete to GBM and matte/satin black (no silver or chrome) it really looks great.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:58 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Congrats! Enjoy it in good health! For some reason i think some colors on GT3 look better than on other 911s or even like the color shade is different.

For example, crayon / chalk on the panamera and the 991.2 carrera looks very different from the pic of the crayon / chalk posted today on the GT3. Also this GBM looks so good on this GT3 i have never seen it look so good before. I have seen the color in person and liked it but in many pictures or videos sometimes i am not feeling it but this pic shared today def should seal the deal for anyone considering it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: .2 GT3 COLOR POLL