Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color would you order for your .2 GT3?
Black
3.01%
White
8.67%
Guards Red
8.09%
Racing Yellow
3.01%
Carrara White Metallic
3.35%
Jet Black Metallic
1.50%
Graphite Blue Metallic
6.24%
Rhodium Silver
1.50%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
5.09%
Agate Grey Metallic
2.89%
GT Silver Metallic
11.21%
Carmine Red
5.66%
Chalk / Crayon
12.49%
Lava Orange
2.66%
Miami Blue
10.52%
PTS, or take this allocation and shove it!
14.10%
Voters: 865. You may not vote on this poll

.2 GT3 COLOR POLL

Old 01-22-2018, 03:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, the red definitely goes well with the blue car color. I have my steel rotors along with the red steering wheel strip and red seat belts.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:26 PM
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bossing View Post
lol it's true though

I do like the color. But I wonder if I'll tire of it after a year or something and I want to keep the car long term.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:38 PM
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GBM.... for the win!!
Old 01-23-2018, 12:11 PM
80s
User

Could someone please confirm if this is leaf green? I just love it, dont know where i got the picture or where this car is located.
weird it makes me concider the 10k euro pricetag.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Mr. Vanos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 80s View Post

Could someone please confirm if this is leaf green? I just love it, dont know where i got the picture or where this car is located.
Looks like Olive Green.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:46 PM
DuckieRS
User

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos View Post
Looks like Olive Green.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Overdraft
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 80s View Post

Gentlemen.....are the wheels on this car Standard Silver OR Satin Aluminum?
Old 01-23-2018, 07:17 PM
tasman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Olive green with satin aluminum
Old 01-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Overdraft
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tasman View Post
Olive green with satin aluminum
That is one nice combination.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Mr. Vanos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft View Post
Gentlemen.....are the wheels on this car Standard Silver OR Satin Aluminum?
Satin Alum as they should be!
Old 01-23-2018, 09:09 PM
8enny8lack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C5driver View Post

12 pages and not one Lava?

I fell in love with the lava orange when I saw it on an RS at a local Lambo dealer. It is stunning, and has a really nice persimmon color and depth to it, but on the regular GT3 I didn't feel like there was enough black to break it up. The front and rear side vents really made it for me, and the standard GT3 is too solidly orange for my eyes (garage?). I do NOT understand the enthusiasm over chalk, but I never thought the computers from the '80's looked that cool either
The Miami Blue is way more green in person than I thought it would be, or I would have ordered mine in that... but it is a little too "San Jose Sharks" for my taste- as a fan, I can't rep the color, b/c then I look like a CRAZY fan.

I really wish I would have gotten a PTS, but the price was already so high, and I'm not sure I would have gotten a PTS allocation anyway...
Old 01-23-2018, 09:48 PM
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack View Post
I fell in love with the lava orange when I saw it on an RS at a local Lambo dealer. It is stunning, and has a really nice persimmon color and depth to it, but on the regular GT3 I didn't feel like there was enough black to break it up. The front and rear side vents really made it for me, and the standard GT3 is too solidly orange for my eyes (garage?). I do NOT understand the enthusiasm over chalk, but I never thought the computers from the '80's looked that cool either
The Miami Blue is way more green in person than I thought it would be, or I would have ordered mine in that... but it is a little too "San Jose Sharks" for my taste- as a fan, I can't rep the color, b/c then I look like a CRAZY fan.

I really wish I would have gotten a PTS, but the price was already so high, and I'm not sure I would have gotten a PTS allocation anyway...
I agree completely. Lava Orange looks great on the RS because all the black vents break it up. The GT3 has a cleaner look. So some of the colors don't look as nice due to the "slab" sided nature of the body. I would do PTS in Mint Green if it were not for the extended wait and price. I'm impatient—decided to get a car back in September and mine is scheduled for delivery this May. I don't want to add another 5 months, waiting for a PTS color. Chalk looks pretty good in person. The first GT3 I saw was Chalk and I liked it. I've seen a few other models in Miami Blue and I did not like it, but I think if I saw it on a GT3 in person I might, due to the different body shape and the black trim. Hard to say. If not Miami Blue or Chalk, I'm going with white (boring). But white is nice because you can spice it up with some subtle livery or bright wheels, if that's your thing. I can picture a matte white GT3 with HRE P101s in frozen green or purple looking real good.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:49 PM
Mr. Vanos
Addict
Rennlist Member

I fell in love with the lava orange when I saw it on an RS at a local Lambo dealer. It is stunning, and has a really nice persimmon color and depth to it, but on the regular GT3 I didn't feel like there was enough black to break it up. The front and rear side vents really made it for me, and the standard GT3 is too solidly orange for my eyes (garage?).
Enter the gloss black door handles. It solves all your Lava problems (sarcasm). Lol!
I agree Lava looks amazing on the RS and would save me $8k on PTS. But not feeling it here.
Ok, back to more sleepless nights worrying about what color to order...
Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 PM
8enny8lack
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
I agree completely. Lava Orange looks great on the RS because all the black vents break it up. The GT3 has a cleaner look. So some of the colors don't look as nice due to the "slab" sided nature of the body. I would do PTS in Mint Green if it were not for the extended wait and price. I'm impatientŚdecided to get a car back in September and mine is scheduled for delivery this May. I don't want to add another 5 months, waiting for a PTS color. Chalk looks pretty good in person. The first GT3 I saw was Chalk and I liked it. I've seen a few other models in Miami Blue and I did not like it, but I think if I saw it on a GT3 in person I might, due to the different body shape and the black trim. Hard to say. If not Miami Blue or Chalk, I'm going with white (boring). But white is nice because you can spice it up with some subtle livery or bright wheels, if that's your thing. I can picture a matte white GT3 with HRE P101s in frozen green or purple looking real good.

If I am totally honest w myself, the extended wait was too painful for me as well. I feel embarrassed to admit to my lack of patience, but the extra few months was too much to handle. My timeline is similar to yours: I made up my mind to get it last June, deposit/ submitted the order in Sept, car should be mine end of April/ early May. Looking back, I probably should have done the free white paint and used the cash I saved to get a wrap, and then I could just swap color every few years!
Old 01-23-2018, 10:09 PM
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member

If I am totally honest w myself, the extended wait was too painful for me as well. I feel embarrassed to admit to my lack of patience, but the extra few months was too much to handle. My timeline is similar to yours: I made up my mind to get it last June, deposit/ submitted the order in Sept, car should be mine end of April/ early May. Looking back, I probably should have done the free white paint and used the cash I saved to get a wrap, and then I could just swap color every few years!
That's kinda what I'm thinking about. Just go white and I can add color via wheels or get a wrap. Miami Blue looks so cool in photos, especially next to UV. Too bad it completely changes in person.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: