Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color would you order for your .2 GT3?
Black
2.96%
White
8.88%
Guards Red
8.00%
Racing Yellow
2.85%
Carrara White Metallic
3.29%
Jet Black Metallic
1.54%
Graphite Blue Metallic
6.14%
Rhodium Silver
1.54%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
5.26%
Agate Grey Metallic
3.40%
GT Silver Metallic
11.51%
Carmine Red
5.48%
Chalk / Crayon
12.28%
Lava Orange
2.63%
Miami Blue
10.64%
PTS, or take this allocation and shove it!
13.60%
Voters: 912. You may not vote on this poll

.2 GT3 COLOR POLL

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Thanks for posting the pictures of the GBM. It was a color I was flirting with. I do not like how it looks in the wild which is quite lighter than I imagined. Looks baby blue
Old 07-06-2017, 02:54 PM
JRidge
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Thanks for posting the pictures of the GBM. It was a color I was flirting with. I do not like how it looks in the wild which is quite lighter than I imagined. Looks baby blue
I've ordered GBM. I've seen it on several Carerras in the wild, and all I can say is it changes pretty dramatically depending on lighting condiitons, but it's "default" look, if there is such a thing, is not that lighter, washed out baby blue you are referring to. In that group of pics the darker ones, like the one of the right side of the car, give a better representation IMHO. That said, I'm worried I'm not going to like it as much as I hoped. But I just remind myself, the first time I saw it in the wild, at the Porsche Sport Driving School at Barber, I said to myself, if I ever order another Porsche, it will be in that color. So I'm sticking to my gut reaction.

Oh, one more thing, I've never seen a color is more impacted by the wheels, trim, etc. GBM needs dark wheels, and as much black trim as you can get to make it look its best. The light wheels wash it out. IMHO.

I'll let you all know my impressions when I receive the car!
Old 07-06-2017, 03:33 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

having seen miami blue in real life quite a bit.. as i assume most have by now, i have decided I dont like it. it should be called miami green, or miami turqouise in my opinion. however, for those who are still trying to "see the green", i think this video of a miami blue GTS shows the color off quite well.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:37 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
I don't think that it's going to look awkward. And if it does when I take delivery next week, I'll just swap it out ...
On the 3d configurator the white striped LWB with guards red looks pretty good. Let us know bcc how it looks!

Got a chance to see Miami blue in real life. It was cloudy and the car was wet after rain so not the greatest indication of how it would look. I like the green in it.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:10 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Does anyone know if you select the red stitching, does it carry the red over for added leather upgrades like the extended dash, steering column, and the painted air slat surround? The 360 viewer shows the leather upgrades with platinum stitching instead of the red. I just noticed pictures from a recently delivered GTS in the 991 forum, and the stitching around the painted vents did not match that red stitching on the edge of the dash. Originally I figured the 360 viewer was not correct, but based on this picture maybe this is accurate.

Old 07-07-2017, 06:25 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRidge
I've ordered GBM. I've seen it on several Carerras in the wild, and all I can say is it changes pretty dramatically depending on lighting condiitons, but it's "default" look, if there is such a thing, is not that lighter, washed out baby blue you are referring to. In that group of pics the darker ones, like the one of the right side of the car, give a better representation IMHO. That said, I'm worried I'm not going to like it as much as I hoped. But I just remind myself, the first time I saw it in the wild, at the Porsche Sport Driving School at Barber, I said to myself, if I ever order another Porsche, it will be in that color. So I'm sticking to my gut reaction.

Oh, one more thing, I've never seen a color is more impacted by the wheels, trim, etc. GBM needs dark wheels, and as much black trim as you can get to make it look its best. The light wheels wash it out. IMHO.

I'll let you all know my impressions when I receive the car!
Someone had posted a pic of GBM with black wheels and the "Porsche" side stickers, with the lines of the sticker in black, and letters in red like the brakes. That really tied it all together.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:13 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissArtPrints
My god is this thing beautiful

Want to finally see Carmine and PTS! Too impatient..

LOVE THIS.
Old 07-09-2017, 03:06 AM
kamijamali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BEAUTIFUL. Is this careers white or chalk??
Old 07-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Daggie
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bccars
I don't think that it's going to look awkward. And if it does when I take delivery next week, I'll just swap it out ...
I expect you at my place next week !!

I'm doubting between GR and Chalk .. Could also get PTS, but need to wait for January then ...
Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Daggie :-)
I'll be dropping it off at the detailer for paint correction and modesta coating. So the horror of waiting continues ...
Chalk, good choice now, but you'll be bored with it next year !

PTS: mexico blue or acid green, matching callipers ! WINNER ! (or if you are like me, I'd have the RubyStar/SternRubin)
Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 AM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by manitou202
Does anyone know if you select the red stitching, does it carry the red over for added leather upgrades like the extended dash, steering column, and the painted air slat surround? The 360 viewer shows the leather upgrades with platinum stitching instead of the red. I just noticed pictures from a recently delivered GTS in the 991 forum, and the stitching around the painted vents did not match that red stitching on the edge of the dash. Originally I figured the 360 viewer was not correct, but based on this picture maybe this is accurate.

"standard" is the same color, so it will be red in your case. When I discussed my Spyder build with Exclusive in Stuttgart they offered me to change the stiching color of the extended leather dash around the center speaker from red to black to avoid reflections, the rest would stay the same. No extra charge at that point in time. So guess if you would love to have in an other color, they will do it...
Old 07-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Default This Poll is Meaningless

OP. To make this thread more realistic you need to re-do the poll with price of the colors next to it. I'm 100% sure PTS ($6,950), Chalk ($4,220), and Miami Blue ($4,220) will NOT be the most popular colors actually being ordered/ordering.

Realistically the most popular colors will be Guard Red ($0), White ($0), and Black ($0) as the top 3 of what people are actually ordering.

Otherwise, this poll is like saying what car you would like to own if money wasn't an object.

Last edited by Jnosol; 07-10-2017 at 11:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (01-22-2020)
Old 07-10-2017, 11:12 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

$6950 is new PTS price
Old 07-11-2017, 03:00 AM
jcoltrane
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
It's really not baby blue. There's a 991.2 4S in GBM at the dealer near me and I was hooked immediately. The antithesis of a guards red or miami blue if you're into something subtle and sophisticated.

After seeing this color in person, I'm convinced a GT3 in GBM with black wheels is my next car.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:29 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
OP. To make this thread more realistic you need to re-do the poll with price of the colors next to it. I'm 100% sure PTS ($6,950), Chalk ($4,220), and Miami Blue ($4,220) will NOT be the most popular colors actually being ordered/ordering.

Realistically the most popular colors will be Guard Red ($0), White ($0), and Black ($0) as the top 3 of what people are actually ordering.

Otherwise, this poll is like saying what car you would like to own if money wasn't an object.
I disagree. The top colors actually ordered are based on what the GT3 community likes best AND will stand the test of time. Charge more $ for white, gt silver, and black, and they will still be the most popular.

Considering that PTS is very limited and requires the decoder ring from Trix and Calexio's Contra code, there isn't ANYONE who would give up their GT3 allocation if they were denied PTS.

The title could be "Which color WILL you order, presuming you get an allocation."

Quick Reply: .2 GT3 COLOR POLL