Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which color would you order for your .2 GT3?
Black
2.96%
White
8.88%
Guards Red
8.00%
Racing Yellow
2.85%
Carrara White Metallic
3.29%
Jet Black Metallic
1.54%
Graphite Blue Metallic
6.14%
Rhodium Silver
1.54%
Sapphire Blue Metallic
5.26%
Agate Grey Metallic
3.40%
GT Silver Metallic
11.51%
Carmine Red
5.48%
Chalk / Crayon
12.28%
Lava Orange
2.63%
Miami Blue
10.64%
PTS, or take this allocation and shove it!
13.60%
Voters: 912. You may not vote on this poll

.2 GT3 COLOR POLL

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 02:56 AM
kamijamali
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...I am choosing carrera white metallic for my new gt3 manual. I need help deciding which of the three rim colors look better? silver, black or grey wheels?

Thanks a lot everyone.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:57 AM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Satin Black for sure.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:05 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 96 Posts

Do you guys think black wheels could run their course. Every mfg that makes something with 4 wheels now offer black. When they first came out they were new and unique but that was a while ago. I saw a Corvette with red line wheels so they must have beat Porsche with that offering as well. Is silver going back to color of choice.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:37 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

on Pistonheads forum there are some great shots of a new delivery GT3.2 in GT Silver- looks stunning. However I suspect even baby crap brown looks good on this sucker. My hope is that more and more pics will be coming out soon now that deliveries in EU are starting. I am still on fence about color choice. I'm keeping my RS in GT Silver, so want a different color. My car locks on 7/24, so hopefully the pics online will start ramping up soon to help with my color choice!
Old 06-17-2017, 09:44 AM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Need some quick help. My Carmine red locks soon. Will the red gauges and belts work or clash? Configurator says they're Guards red.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
Do you guys think black wheels could run their course.
They absolutely will. Chrome wheels were huge for many many years but now nobody buys them outside of idiots who put huge useless rims on trucks and SUVs. "Whitewall" tires were huge for a long time, but those are gone as well. Black wheels with colored accents is starting to happen right now like on the Lambo and everyone will copy it and eventually after seeing it on everything, we'll realize that too isn't really classy or good looking. Same with the bright white words printed on the tires. There will be more ugly wheel and tire fads for as long as there are cars, but silver wheels will always be the classiest option and what everyone will go back to in between.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:28 AM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by kamijamali
Hey guys...I am choosing carrera white metallic for my new gt3 manual. I need help deciding which of the three rim colors look better? silver, black or grey wheels?

Thanks a lot everyone.
If you're getting the standard brakes, I think both whites look terrific with satin black and the red pinstripe
Old 06-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

On the Australian configurator.. they describe the black wheel as "satin black" and then the wheel with guard red stripe as "black platinum" . I assume its the same matte black colour ? Then obviously the extra ... wait for it.. AUD $1,400 ( USD $1,068) for the red stripe.

If no PTS then Im thinking about Crayon (have shifted from GT silver). I haven't seen personally, but can anyone comment on if the Red accents on the black wheel would look any good with this colour. I was intending to run with GT silver (with black/red stripe etc) but for some reason the crayon doest strike me as a colour that could handle the bright colour accents..?
Old 06-17-2017, 10:46 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
They absolutely will. Chrome wheels were huge for many many years but now nobody buys them outside of idiots who put huge useless rims on trucks and SUVs. "Whitewall" tires were huge for a long time, but those are gone as well. Black wheels with colored accents is starting to happen right now like on the Lambo and everyone will copy it and eventually after seeing it on everything, we'll realize that too isn't really classy or good looking. Same with the bright white words printed on the tires. There will be more ugly wheel and tire fads for as long as there are cars, but silver wheels will always be the classiest option and what everyone will go back to in between.
Disagree somewhat. Black wheels have always been around and used on race cars. That is why cars such as the GT3 look fantastic with black wheels. However, put them on an SUV or rice burner and they look ridiculous. So for this car I wouldn't be too concerned about them aging poorly. The red stripe is a little trendy and won't age well, in my opinion. At end of day its just personal preference for all these choices.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by JFA65
Need some quick help. My Carmine red locks soon. Will the red gauges and belts work or clash? Configurator says they're Guards red.
Most carmines I've seen in real life has had red accents on the inside and they look great, truly. The only piece I didn't like in red were the gauges, keep those stock maybe.

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
On the Australian configurator.. they describe the black wheel as "satin black" and then the wheel with guard red stripe as "black platinum" . I assume its the same matte black colour ? Then obviously the extra ... wait for it.. AUD $1,400 ( USD $1,068) for the red stripe.

If no PTS then Im thinking about Crayon (have shifted from GT silver). I haven't seen personally, but can anyone comment on if the Red accents on the black wheel would look any good with this colour. I was intending to run with GT silver (with black/red stripe etc) but for some reason the crayon doest strike me as a colour that could handle the bright colour accents..?
Just from looking at the configurator, the only
Colors which to me look good with the red wheel stripes are the mild colors like white, silver, crayon etc.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:02 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I like all the color options available but I think silver is more the classic look. I do not know if Black wheels are just a fad but they will be popular for the next 5-8 years, at least. I think the finishes will come and go. Going Satin Aluminum on this round only because my last (2) Porsches had Black wheels plus will look good with Metallic Black and PCCBs
Old 06-17-2017, 08:33 PM
BLAM
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

What do you guys think about painted side skirts, looks great on the configurator, but I never see them in person. If I can't get PTS Voodo Blue I will do CR.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM
What do you guys think about painted side skirts, looks great on the configurator, but I never see them in person. If I can't get PTS Voodo Blue I will do CR.
I would not waste my money. Better to have the black sideskirts to scratch up than worry about painted one's
Old 06-18-2017, 07:24 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by BLAM
On the GT3 only, I say to leave them because you have the black plastic lip on the front bumper that goes the whole way around the bumper and the rear as well. Painting it looks inconstant. With a REGULAR or GTS carrera, painted side skirts look EPIC as the sides of the front and rear bumper are painted and don't have the black plastic near the wheel wells.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:47 PM
FRZA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kamijamali

Thanks a lot everyone.
I think satin black with red outer lips go amazing with both white & black exterior, if you like the Ducati / sports bike look. Otherwise, I would go with satin black. BTW...I got satin black /red lip with the black exterior.

Quick Reply: .2 GT3 COLOR POLL