Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why do some always come here saying there will be high premiums

Old 03-11-2017, 03:15 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Default why do some always come here saying there will be high premiums

are they "trolls" or flippers? this is not a limited car like the 911R, the next one is always the best one, but I believe PAG was unaware of the pent up demand that a PDK GT3 addressed in the 991.1 The price limits sales as does the lack of rear seats, some of you can't buy a car because you can't haul kids in it because your wife says so. The outrageous premiums some people talk about really don't seem to be paid by any people I know. Do you think Kaitlyn Jenner paid more than MSRP for her UV RS? It was clearly stated the car is not limited so relax and stop making life difficult for everyone else
Old 03-11-2017, 03:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
are they "trolls" or flippers? this is not a limited car like the 911R, the next one is always the best one, but I believe PAG was unaware of the pent up demand that a PDK GT3 addressed in the 991.1 The price limits sales as does the lack of rear seats, some of you can't buy a car because you can't haul kids in it because your wife says so. The outrageous premiums some people talk about really don't seem to be paid by any people I know. Do you think Kaitlyn Jenner paid more than MSRP for her UV RS? It was clearly stated the car is not limited so relax and stop making life difficult for everyone else
First cars will be a flip fest and people who want to get one in 2017 will pay the premium. I personally will wait it out, I'm not paying a premium for a GT3...been there and done that with the RS and not doing it again.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:19 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

I wonder how much a limited edition gt3 with rear seats and number'd to 250 would run ie family model. Mike
Old 03-11-2017, 04:43 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

It was also stated that the Cayman GT4 wasn't limited. My medium-sized dealer is getting 3 cars for the year so it absolutely is limited to some extent. I expect the GT3 to have markups in the 20-30k range but wouldn't be surprised to see 50k markups either - especially if an RS comes out and no manual is offered like has been reported; markups slightly north of the GT4 but below the 3RS.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:49 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
Why do you even ask? Look at history of Porsche GT car sales. Answer easy peasy.

We could make believe we live in land of make believe if you like. Here....There will be no mark ups on new GT3. They will all be sold at msrp and some with discount.

There.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:10 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 26 Posts

The markup's come when they are sold the second time....when there are no new ones left.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:20 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

A few reasons that people talk about markups

Nr 1. They listen to dealer.
Nr 2. Some dealers come on here to help build the hype.

People that was around during 991.1gt3 and gt4 knows how it works.
You'll get a car @MSRP if you're patient.

However.

US and U.K. got shafted on 991rs allocations. Still a few guys I know that wanted to buy RS in the US that didn't get an allocation.
Still trying to figure out why Porsche didn't send more 991rs to the USA? We know body in white is different than ROW. Must have something to do with production of the US specific RS.
UK is always under supplied because of RHD.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

I paid MSRP for my .1 and would pay no more for a .2 or an RS or any other car. I am also prepared to walk away because the these cars as good as they maybe are, have been over hyped by the "AP marketing buzz" and "must have" anxiety by Internet forum dwellers creating an atmosphere that dealers and scalpers thrive on. Car is not worth throwing away tens of thousands of dollars, but others are welcome to do so.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
A few reasons that people talk about markups

Nr 1. They listen to dealer.
Nr 2. Some dealers come on here to help build the hype.

People that was around during 991.1gt3 and gt4 knows how it works.
You'll get a car @MSRP if you're patient.

However.

US and U.K. got shafted on 991rs allocations. Still a few guys I know that wanted to buy RS in the US that didn't get an allocation.
Still trying to figure out why Porsche didn't send more 991rs to the USA? We know body in white is different than ROW. Must have something to do with production of the US specific RS.
UK is always under supplied because of RHD.

So true. I waited for MSRP and it never came on the GT3RS. Granted did start
looking a little late but it did not happen. Should get the new GT3 at MSRP or
would still look at GT3RS at MSRP. Will see what comes first.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:29 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

a 50k markup? who would pay that? , flies in the face of logic, you have enough brains to earn the money for a car like this but you are willing to give away a ford raptor because you can't wait a few months? or you have so much money that 50k means nothing to you and you haven't bought enough cars to establish a relationship that gets you msrp with all your purchases? its like feminists who support sharia law thinking
Old 03-11-2017, 10:08 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Because many on here are consumed with values........current values, future values, past values, markups, no markups, MSRP, over MSRP, long term values, keeping values, losing values, etc etc my brain exploded a long ago......and yet like a dumbarse, I find myself participating. Funny the same ones that worry about GT3 values are also driving new Mercedes that depreciated by quadruple in 1 year and don't mind at all. Wouldn't it be great if we could talk about useful things on these forums more often (great ones happen occasionally), and ban value talk. It would probably be crickets only then ha ha?
Old 03-11-2017, 10:33 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I think in the end if people are patient, anyone that wants a car will get a car. Porsche has been building more and more GT cars and VW group needs the money. Also, there are a lot of 991.1 owners and 991.1 GT3 RS owners who will decide to keep their cars or won't be able to get rid of them. My humble opinion is there will be enough for everyone or 95 percent at least . Most people I know that really tried for a 991.1 GT3 allocation eventually got one. Some places like California might still have markups though.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:59 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Because many on here are consumed with values........current values, future values, past values, markups, no markups, MSRP, over MSRP, long term values, keeping values, losing values, etc etc my brain exploded a long ago......and yet like a dumbarse, I find myself participating. Funny the same ones that worry about GT3 values are also driving new Mercedes that depreciated by quadruple in 1 year and don't mind at all. Wouldn't it be great if we could talk about useful things on these forums more often (great ones happen occasionally), and ban value talk. It would probably be crickets only then ha ha?
I'm the same way. On the outside looking in. Can't stay away from all these threads. Lucky enough to own 4 great Porsches and as much as I would like to add a 991.2gt3 or 991rs I will hold off until I know what the 991gt2rs will be like.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:54 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
I'm the same way. On the outside looking in. Can't stay away from all these threads. Lucky enough to own 4 great Porsches and as much as I would like to add a 991.2gt3 or 991rs I will hold off until I know what the 991gt2rs will be like.
Not sure you need anymore GT3s .....I think I've seen you at Sebring and If you own a grey 996 GT3 it looks like it provides you a big enough smile, not sure you will have more fun going newer
Old 03-11-2017, 11:56 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Not sure you need anymore GT3s .....I think I've seen you at Sebring and your grey 996 GT3 looks like it provides you a big enough smile, not sure you will have more fun going newer
Thanks! It's well set up and a lot of fun. Will be at Sebring again with suncoast early April.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: why do some always come here saying there will be high premiums