Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:26 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

The 964 RS also come in Lightweight or Touring spec. The Touring could be ordered with comfort seats, air con, power steering, etc.

Of the 2,200 964 RS that were built, less than 100 were genuine Touring. Nobody wanted them back then. Everybody order the lightweight spec so they rarely come to market.
There is a genuine Touring for sale in Australia right now for AUD$400,000.

I suspect the same thing might happen with the GT3, i.e. if you can only afford one GT3, then most people will go for the wing to make a statement. I intend to have both, but if forced to make a choice, I would like everybody else, have chose the wing.
Attached Images    
Old 08-28-2017, 08:59 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I heard from my Porsche dealer today might come as a disappointment to some (if true). The dealer was informed by Porsche last week about the models to be released at the IAA:

Good news: There will be a special model revealed at the IAA under the moniker "911T". There will be special features / colors for this car.
Bad news: This model will have the base 3.0 litre engine (370 HP). No fotos have been shared with the dealers.

I am somehow hardpressed to believe that this is all about the "Touring", but maybe just a "lower end" offer.

Please check back with your respective Porsche contacts, whether they also heard the same.

Best
Tobias
Old 08-28-2017, 09:07 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by spydersmiley
What I heard from my Porsche dealer today might come as a disappointment to some (if true). The dealer was informed by Porsche last week about the models to be released at the IAA:

Good news: There will be a special model revealed at the IAA under the moniker "911T". There will be special features / colors for this car.
Bad news: This model will have the base 3.0 litre engine (370 HP). No fotos have been shared with the dealers.

I am somehow hardpressed to believe that this is all about the "Touring", but maybe just a "lower end" offer.

Please check back with your respective Porsche contacts, whether they also heard the same.

Best
Tobias
Old 08-28-2017, 09:17 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Best
Tobias
Is this your dealer?

Old 08-28-2017, 10:54 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
The 964 RS also come in Lightweight or Touring spec. The Touring could be ordered with comfort seats, air con, power steering, etc.

Of the 2,200 964 RS that were built, less than 100 were genuine Touring. Nobody wanted them back then. Everybody order the lightweight spec so they rarely come to market.
There is a genuine Touring for sale in Australia right now for AUD$400,000.

I suspect the same thing might happen with the GT3, i.e. if you can only afford one GT3, then most people will go for the wing to make a statement. I intend to have both, but if forced to make a choice, I would like everybody else, have chose the wing.
The 964 RS Touring for me is a weird bird. 76-86 of them made I think. Less exist because some guys converted their Touring into a lightweight spec (no significant VIN differences) so I'd say there are a lot less, and have never seen a low mileage garage queen version of a Touring.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:47 AM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The 964 RS Touring for me is a weird bird. 76-86 of them made I think. Less exist because some guys converted their Touring into a lightweight spec (no significant VIN differences) so I'd say there are a lot less, and have never seen a low mileage garage queen version of a Touring.
76 touring made.
there is a difference in chassis number between clubsport and the lightweight or touring version. no difference between the last two.

964 RS Touring was a flop and a technical non sense, provided with fog lights, 10 years corrosion protection or a sun roof
Real Clubsport version is impossible to find.
RS 3.8 is a very rare bird as well.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:50 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by the-missile
76 touring made.
there is a difference in chassis number between clubsport and the lightweight or touring version. no difference between the last two.

964 RS Touring was a flop and a technical non sense.
Real Clubsport version is impossible to find.
RS 3.8 is a very rare bird as well.
Reminds of the 87-89 911 3.2 Club Sport. Couldn't give them away.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:32 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Best
Tobias
I told you guys about the 911T in a post months ago which was received with much disbelief. Its a narrow body 3.0. And BTW, this is not to be confused with the GT3 Touring.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:51 PM
TomTomTom
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best
Tobias
This has nothing to do with the Spy shots. The car in the pictures is clearly a GT3 with a NA engine. Not even Intercooler outlets...
Old 08-28-2017, 12:52 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Wink

I told you guys about the 911T in a post months ago which was received with much disbelief. Its a narrow body 3.0. And BTW, this is not to be confused with the GT3 Touring.
the FOUR 991.2 nameplates/ models : T , Targa ,Touring and Turbo will share one thing in common ....
Old 08-28-2017, 12:54 PM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTomTom
This has nothing to do with the Spy shots. The car in the pictures is clearly a GT3 with a NA engine. Not even Intercooler outlets...

That's why I have difficulties to believe that Porsche leaves it at a mere 911T. Maybe the spyshot was a masked 991 Sport Classic.

Best
Tobias
Old 08-28-2017, 01:21 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

My $ is on Chris3963. (At least that's what I'm hoping!)
Old 08-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps they can call it the GT3 "Komfort"
Old 08-28-2017, 02:59 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Adlam
My $ is on Chris3963. (At least that's what I'm hoping!)
Me too. It's not inconceivable that Porsche could introduce two new models in a 911 range with ~20 different offerings to start. Well, one new model and one new trim level.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:54 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTomTom
This.

Apologies to spydersmiley, I didnt mean to imply that the 911T is not going to be a thing (I have no idea), but for your dealer to suggest that this will be in place of the Touring is nonsense.

Again:
- multiple respected journalists have confirmed that a GT3 without a wing is coming
- Georg Kacher specifically referred to the X90 touring package for the GT3 which will be without a wing and will have textured seats
- Multiple cleaning ladies have confirmed this
- We have seen photos of the wingless GT3 which confirm details of silver window trim that ChrisNNNN identified many months ago

This thing is happening folks. If your dealer tells you otherwise, they don't know what they are talking about. The only (remote) possibility I see is that this package is restricted in certain markets - potentially linked to certification issues associated with rear seats (should they exist in the final package).

I'll post up my 'guide to the touring package' again. Happy to debate the details of what it contains, but not whether its coming or not.

Name:  sojpNFc.png
Views: 15
Size:  46.9 KB

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option