991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Old 03-14-2017, 10:32 AM
Porschmich
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also think that to buy a new GT3 you should have to weigh 175 or under.
If you are over you should be pointed to the next model maybe a GTS.
No GT3 for you..
Old 03-14-2017, 11:12 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Soft compared to 991 GTS or TTS? those come with back seats ,
Compared to previous GT3 and RSs.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Compared to previous GT3 and RSs.
Agreed 100%
Old 03-14-2017, 12:21 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschmich
If you are over you should be pointed to the next model maybe a GTS.
No GT3 for you..
Now that's a low blow. I'm safe though, only 140.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Bartron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschmich
With or without helmet and fire suit?

From the cleaning lady and backwards analysis of mirror-image marketing material from Malaysia:

Porsche will announce a 'Hardcore Package' that includes a half-roll cage, custom livery with number, no sound deadening, carbon tub seat with no padding, removable steering wheel, 12 power and pump switches to initiate start up sequence. Plastic windows that don't roll down, no arm rests, cup holders, or power locks. Obviously no stereo or air conditioning. The car will only initiate start up sequence based on the Porsche Real Driver System (PRDS). PRDS is a new motorsport derived feature that requires RFID detection of helmet, nomex socks, driving shoes and gloves within the car cabin. If you are under 150lbs then you can have floor carpeting, otherwise it's just too heavy a package.

The 'Hardcore Package' will be extremely limited and will be more exclusive than true-PTS. In order to be considered for this vehicle, drivers must pass an eligibility test demonstrating knowledge of track alignment, tire compounds and the ancient technique of heel-toe. Extra credit is assigned for those with competence in left-foot braking. If the eligibility test detects any degree of 'softness', the order will be cancelled and you will be offered a vanilla 911. You can reapply once every model cycle.

Note sarcasm above, but honestly, since when is the GT3 snobbery so strong that unless you are a 'hardman' you shouldn't have one and should proceed to one of the non-GT models. I'm curious if Singer or Magnus Walker cars do not include a radio or a comfy seat. It's as if the GT3 is morphing from a model to a sub-brand with lots of protectionism towards the brand's proposed values. Last I checked the GT3 is a trackable-streetcar and the GT3 RS is a streetable-track car. Neither are Cup cars and all have compromises. Porsche's relentless pursuit of engineering has created vehicles that are faster and more comfortable than their predecessors - alternatively there are plenty of now-very-expensive older GT3's out there.

Who cares if you want to enjoy your GT3 in a manner different than Mr Hardcore. It doesn't make you any less an enthusiast or less-appreciating of the cars unique engineering. It doesn't mean you have to get a GTS or TT instead. Those cars are very different far beyond just a stereo and back seats.

Look at the wonderful camaraderie of the Smokies crew. They all had GT machines, drove mainly on open roads, brought passengers, luggage and had radios and some even had *gasp* sofa seats. Yet, they still had a fantastic time and all enjoy their cars.

The additional weight of a back seat isn't going to appreciably affect my lap time any more than a full tank of gas. I still take friends in the passenger seat on track days even though they slow the lap time. I don't care if camber wears my tires funny and sometimes I even get Starbucks and go for a drive with my wife on boring non-twisty roads where we listen to the radio. I wave to everyone who gives me a thumbs up and do the same for anything cool I see driving. I hope having a GT3 doesn't mean that I can't do any of those things and stay 'cool'.

Hopefully I don't have to give up my RL membership for the GT blasphemy above.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:44 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartron

From the cleaning lady and backwards analysis of mirror-image marketing material from Malaysia:

Porsche will announce a 'Hardcore Package' that includes a half-roll cage, custom livery with number, no sound deadening, carbon tub seat with no padding, removable steering wheel, 12 power and pump switches to initiate start up sequence. Plastic windows that don't roll down, no arm rests, cup holders, or power locks. Obviously no stereo or air conditioning. The car will only initiate start up sequence based on the Porsche Real Driver System (PRDS). PRDS is a new motorsport derived feature that requires RFID detection of helmet, nomex socks, driving shoes and gloves within the car cabin. If you are under 150lbs then you can have floor carpeting, otherwise it's just too heavy a package.

The 'Hardcore Package' will be extremely limited and will be more exclusive than true-PTS. In order to be considered for this vehicle, drivers must pass an eligibility test demonstrating knowledge of track alignment, tire compounds and the ancient technique of heel-toe. Extra credit is assigned for those with competence in left-foot braking. If the eligibility test detects any degree of 'softness', the order will be cancelled and you will be offered a vanilla 911. You can reapply once every model cycle.

Note sarcasm above, but honestly, since when is the GT3 snobbery so strong that unless you are a 'hardman' you shouldn't have one and should proceed to one of the non-GT models. I'm curious if Singer or Magnus Walker cars do not include a radio or a comfy seat. It's as if the GT3 is morphing from a model to a sub-brand with lots of protectionism towards the brand's proposed values. Last I checked the GT3 is a trackable-streetcar and the GT3 RS is a streetable-track car. Neither are Cup cars and all have compromises.

Who cares if you want to enjoy your GT3 in a manner different than Mr Hardcore. It doesn't make you any less an enthusiast or less-appreciating of the cars unique engineering. It doesn't mean you have to get a GTS or TT instead. Those cars are very different far beyond just a stereo and back seats.

Look at the wonderful camaraderie of the Smokies crew. They all had GT machines, drove mainly on open roads, brought passengers, luggage and had radios and some even had *gasp* sofa seats. Yet, they still had a fantastic time and all enjoy their cars.

Well said sir!!
Old 03-14-2017, 03:20 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

I guarantee there were nodding heads of approval while reading about the "Hardcore Package".
Old 03-14-2017, 03:40 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Note sarcasm above, but honestly, since when is the GT3 snobbery so strong that unless you are a 'hardman' you shouldn't have one and should proceed to one of the non-GT models. I'm curious if Singer or Magnus Walker cars do not include a radio or a comfy seat. It's as if the GT3 is morphing from a model to a sub-brand with lots of protectionism towards the brand's proposed values. Last I checked the GT3 is a trackable-streetcar and the GT3 RS is a streetable-track car. Neither are Cup cars and all have compromises. Porsche's relentless pursuit of engineering has created vehicles that are faster and more comfortable than their predecessors - alternatively there are plenty of now-very-expensive older GT3's out there.

The additional weight of a back seat isn't going to appreciably affect my lap time any more than a full tank of gas. I still take friends in the passenger seat on track days even though they slow the lap time. I don't care if camber wears my tires funny and sometimes I even get Starbucks and go for a drive with my wife on boring non-twisty roads where we listen to the radio. I wave to everyone who gives me a thumbs up and do the same for anything cool I see driving. I hope having a GT3 doesn't mean that I can't do any of those things and stay 'cool'.

+991.2
Old 03-14-2017, 06:14 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
Agreed, at rate we are going next gen GT3 will have a "Cadillac ride" button on center console
Old 03-14-2017, 06:31 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Already rides like a Caddy.
My E63 is harder then my RS..
Old 03-14-2017, 07:39 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Already rides like a Caddy.
My E63 is harder then my RS..
And makes more power. I hope after reading this thread you realize how irresponsible it would be to drive someone you love around in such a death machine.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:48 PM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Touring option should come with standard air suspension, sun roof and bolster protectors for those that have lost the plot.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:39 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Touring option should come with standard air suspension, sun roof and bolster protectors for those that have lost the plot.
I lost the plot long ago, that's why I've owned a 991.1 C2S, TTS, GT3, Targa GTS and GT3 RS. I know the other 2+2s 991s don't really strike a cord with me so now have a McLaren 570S (soon to be 720s) in that garage spot. If Porsche offered a 2+2 GT3 with a 6MT I would have to rethink that decision.

I also have a dedicated race car (confirms more of having lost the plot) so don't really need a street car for the track.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:48 PM
redleg321
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche will announce a 'Hardcore Package' ....

I wave to everyone who gives me a thumbs up and do the same for anything cool I see driving. I hope having a GT3 doesn't mean that I can't do any of those things and stay 'cool'.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Why call it a GT3 then?

Call it something else. Words should have meaning. Whole world has gone soft.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option