Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 08:43 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
You guys are incredible. Almost all were salivating at the thought of this car and urging Porsche to build it, build it, build it...and yet as soon as it comes out...it's knock the sh@t out of it.

I personally love it and will have one in my garage early 2018 as a complement to 964 RS.
Maybe a lot has to do with the unflattering color combo of the body and wheels. I hate it in this blue with silver wheels. I love it in GBM with black wheels ! Maybe the initial falling in love or not with the launch pics has a psychological impact on how you percieve the total package when you start digging through the specs ?

What color combo will you be speccing Chris ?
Old 09-13-2017, 08:50 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Would it be churlish of me to point out that back in April you were also tossing pitchforks about a wingless GT3...that it was BS, that the likelihood as akin to the occurrence of a crocodile leather dash option, or pink PTS,...
Yes,that's true! You were right all along and I was wrong. I have tried to explain my reasoning a few posts back...
Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 AM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

I was thinking the same thing re: splitter. I'd spec'd it and use it on my RS but don't have it on 991.2 Targa and don't have any issues. I'm also struggling with the color choices. My targa is Irish Green (and I really love the color) and ideally, I could swap this car for a Irish Green GT3, but the configurator seems to suggest PTS will not work. I called my dealer yesterday and they are looking into it.

I'd actually planned to give pass on the 991.2 GT3, but really like the look of the touring, so I'm going to go ahead and get the car.

Agree on good stable mate to GT2RS.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Do we have any dealer or better yet Porsche exclusive confirmation that PTS isn't available with touring. Ive asked dealer locally but no feedback as yet.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Do we have any dealer or better yet Porsche exclusive confirmation that PTS isn't available with touring. Ive asked dealer locally but no feedback as yet.
porsche Exclusive rep told me twice in writing, once launch day, once yesterday when I asked again, that NO PTS is possible with Touring Package. And further, there is no information to suggest that will change.

of course there's no way to know now when and whether that might change. But at least for the currently known production (presumably all of MY2018?), the answer is NO.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:28 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Damn!.. Was hoping it was just a configurator bug !

Originally Posted by Lapis
porsche Exclusive rep told me twice in writing, once launch day, once yesterday when I asked again, that NO PTS is possible with Touring Package. And further, there is no information to suggest that will change.

of course there's no way to know now when and whether that might change. But at least for the currently known production (presumably all of MY2018?), the answer is NO.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

So this is a bow to the R owners, if any. They won't let the GT3T plebs go wild with PtS colors therefore keep in tact at least some of the R exclusiveness. F*ckers.
Of course nothing to stop us 99%'ers ordering a GT Silver and or White GT3T and throwing on a couple R stripes (post purchase) in Green or Red
I'm either doing GT3T in a std color and will dress it up post purchase (white is a great canvas), or GT3 'wing' in PtS. In any case I'm speccing manual with LWB.

Last edited by Bruce R; 09-13-2017 at 09:42 AM. Reason: edit
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 AM
nszombie
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
My dealer told me yesterday that PTS is available for Touring but will result in a 3-5 months delay. It's also around EUR 9000.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:16 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bruce R
So this is a bow to the R owners, if any. They won't let the GT3T plebs go wild with PtS colors therefore keep in tact at least some of the R exclusiveness. F*ckers.
Of course nothing to stop us 99%'ers ordering a GT Silver and or White GT3T and throwing on a couple R stripes (post purchase) in Green or Red
I'm either doing GT3T in a std color and will dress it up post purchase (white is a great canvas), or GT3 'wing' in PtS. In any case I'm speccing manual with LWB.
seems we are both in same boat and thinking same thing.

I also think the "black cloth" seat fabric (as opposed to houndstooth / pepita), is also a bow to R owners to visually differentiate GT3T from R. Porsche can use the excuse that GT3T is homage to '73 2.7 RS Touring (which had similar corduroy black cloth seat inserts) all they want, but everyone knows this car is much more of a direct homage to R than that classic.

Of course, we could splurge on CXX custom tailored seats option ($8700) and get houndstooth seats (or anything else we want), but that's a lot of coin.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 AM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Of course, we could splurge on CXX custom tailored seats option ($8700) and get houndstooth seats (or anything else we want), but that's a lot of coin.
Could you please explain what CXX means and how mortals like me have access to it? (assuming it's a kind of Porsche Exclusive thing or something)
Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by _fletch
Could you please explain what CXX means and how mortals like me have access to it? (assuming it's a kind of Porsche Exclusive thing or something)
CXX is the 3-digit alphanumeric code that designates any Porsche Exclusive option that is custom tailoring. Porsche offers many many choices along these lines all having to do with tailoring specific interior trim pieces and some exterior options too (factory installed stripes, mirrors or other exterior elements painted different from standard, etc). Each CXX option has different price depending on the item. Seats are now $8700 and for that, you get to pick your choice of leathers, Alcantara, microfiber, and cloth options (from a selection of available fabrics they offer) as well as your choice of deviated stitching or piping in an assortment of colors as well as your choice of embossed Porsche crest and/or model designation on the headrest (or neither). Note that you can only due CXX custom tailored seats on either 18-ways or LWBs (not 4-ways), and you still also have to pay the option cost for one or the other of those.

CXX options are done after the car comes of the line with standard finishes, hence the high price.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:59 AM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

CXX is the 3-digit alphanumeric code that designates any Porsche Exclusive option that is custom tailoring. Porsche offers many many choices along these lines all having to do with tailoring specific interior trim pieces and some exterior options too (factory installed stripes, mirrors or other exterior elements painted different from standard, etc). Each CXX option has different price depending on the item. Seats are now $8700 and for that, you get to pick your choice of leathers, Alcantara, microfiber, and cloth options (from a selection of available fabrics they offer) as well as your choice of deviated stitching or piping in an assortment of colors as well as your choice of embossed Porsche crest and/or model designation on the headrest (or neither). Note that you can only due CXX custom tailored seats on either 18-ways or LWBs (not 4-ways), and you still also have to pay the option cost for one or the other of those.

CXX options are done after the car comes of the line with standard finishes, hence the high price.
Thanks for the detailed answer. Do I access this by talking to my dealer? How can I find out about other Porsche Exclusive options (like stripes etc)? I'm guessing this isn't online...
Old 09-13-2017, 11:06 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

and yes anyone should be able to get these options. Just ask your dealer. Note these options may delay delivery of your car several months.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the detailed answer. Do I access this by talking to my dealer? How can I find out about other Porsche Exclusive options (like stripes etc)? I'm guessing this isn't online...
these options aren't online. And AFIK, there's no comprehensive menu available either. What I do know is that you can custom tailor virtually any interior surface of the car, and all have different prices, as long as it doesn't affect actual function of the car (no wiring changes, etc). On exterior you can have wheels custom painted different colors including pin stripe on them in any color, mirrors painted, etc.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

seems we are both in same boat and thinking same thing.

I also think the "black cloth" seat fabric (as opposed to houndstooth / pepita), is also a bow to R owners to visually differentiate GT3T from R. Porsche can use the excuse that GT3T is homage to '73 2.7 RS Touring (which had similar corduroy black cloth seat inserts) all they want, but everyone knows this car is much more of a direct homage to R than that classic.

If the seat pads in the LWB are like what I have in the Spyder, the seat pads just pull out. So for $2,500 you could add the pepita from sun coast in just a minute (then throw your green stripes on).

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...20@%20Suncoast

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option