Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 what they should do better

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 01:29 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Alex, what about the smoothness of the shifter? Have you driven a gt4?
I have the Spyder, so I would say the spyder shifter is silky smooth. I found the R to be a little heavier, but very direct and satisfying. If I had to choose, the more heavy R gearbox would be a preference, makes you feel more "mannish"... #madeupword

Surprisingly though, the clutch on the R was laughably light, the spyder clutch is much heavier.. maybe has to do with the LWFW?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:34 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I have the Spyder, so I would say the spyder shifter is silky smooth. I found the R to be a little heavier, but very direct and satisfying. If I had to choose, the more heavy R gearbox would be a preference, makes you feel more "mannish"... #madeupword

Surprisingly though, the clutch on the R was laughably light, the spyder clutch is much heavier.. maybe has to do with the LWFW?
Muddy Waters coined it in 1968 ... good ole song covered by Jimi Hendrix, and Buddy Guy, too. You are using it properly.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:42 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^^You can get painted key from China for like $20. Looks great and they do not chip because they are not painted but molded with the color concentrate.
I just figured that out this week. Will save hundreds on the .2 GT3 key!
Old 03-16-2017, 09:06 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Thank you, Alex
Old 03-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Med Man
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^^You can get painted key from China for like $20. Looks great and they do not chip because they are not painted but molded with the color concentrate.
Do you have a link? Thanks.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:40 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

^Just check ebay.. they are everywhere!
Old 03-16-2017, 11:34 AM
timwu12
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only problem with the china key trim is that they don't have every single color. If you have a black, red, silver or white car, then sure, it's not a problem finding them for $20 on eBay.

if you have UV, lava, miami, etc, then you're not going to find that option for cheap from china on eBay.

there are also CF trim pieces for about $50 on eBay, but the CF trim they use doesn't seem to match the CF pattern that porsche uses on their trim....if you care about the patterns matching

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 what they should do better