delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 02:28 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts
Default delete

Thanks to all for the replies and PMs.

Last edited by FORENN; 03-09-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 706 Posts

Why bother? A manual .2GT3 with Motorsport derived 4.0L engine is the better car.

You just be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars just to lose the wing.

If you care about collectibles, well then you pay to play, but if you really just don't like wings, I would just buy a manual .2 GT3, and then get a wingless option from Porsche exclusive.

Just due to their numbered status, I don't see 911Rs dropping below 300K, ever.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:44 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Could happen with one with some miles = that was actually driven and enjoyed - but collectible it will remain, regardless of GT3.2 manual - it will always be a "special edition GT" car, which are rare.

But the speculators will be weeded out quick, looking to recover what they can. So might be few good deals on very nice cars to be had starting with a $2xxk - if you find one you like buy it, you won't be sorry.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:54 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Even Andreas Pruninger who is the Chief Engineer of Porsche, did publicly acknowledged, on the 991.2GT3 launch that he did not get one and is willing to buy one at an unknown purchase price point. So good luck on your search.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Like many of you, I am excited for the new 991.2 GT3. And like many of you, I tried but failed to buy a 911R, due to premiums on available examples I did not desire to pay. So, while I am at the top of my dealer's list for the GT3 and am anxious to get my order in, my question now is: With the new GT3 officially announced and meeting pretty much all of our hopes/expectations, can I now please buy a 911R at a price that is more digestible? I saw a recent RL thread where someone reported that his friend just sold his 911R for $350K. This is obviously far lower than some of the numbers people were throwing around for months after the 911R was announced. So, considering this trajectory, should I hold any hope at all of finding a new (or quasi-new) 911R at, say... 250K? If so, how long will my wait be? Or is this simply unreasonable (because collectible)?
I have sent out feelers to car flippers and brokers for a purchase price of US$300K for a second 911R with no luck. I feel the creation of 911R is a masterpiece. It is exactly what I am looking for outside of my GT3RS. I suppose people wanting a 911R is better of buying from a different continent to meet an agreeable and realistic price. For now here in USA no luck at $300K.

As an example, the PORSCHE 959 is a phenomenal and collector car. There are newer cars now that can outperform the PORSCHE 959, yet the pricing will not depreciate for what it stood for in history and contribution to the automotive PORSCHE evolution, if not revolutionary aspect of the PORSCHE 959. Just my $0.02

Originally Posted by Drifting
Why bother? A manual .2GT3 with Motorsport derived 4.0L engine is the better car.

You just be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars just to lose the wing.

If you care about collectibles, well then you pay to play, but if you really just don't like wings, I would just buy a manual .2 GT3, and then get a wingless option from Porsche exclusive.

Just due to their numbered status, I don't see 911Rs dropping below 300K, ever.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:55 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I think you will struggle unless it has been in an accident and taken a DV hit. Maybe one without LWFW and high miles might come down, but it is still a lighter and limited car.

​​​​​I don't have one and I'm not in the market for one - would rather as a 964 RS or a Singer myself.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:29 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I think you will struggle unless it has been in an accident and taken a DV hit. Maybe one without LWFW and high miles might come down, but it is still a lighter and limited car.

​​​​​I don't have one and I'm not in the market for one - would rather as a 964 RS or a Singer myself.

I would also rather have a Singer and a New 991.2 GT3 myself. Both of those combined is still cheaper than the 911r's 500k market price.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:36 PM
vantage
Three Wheelin'

Received 225 Likes on 129 Posts

Or wait to see what the "Touring" GT3 option will be. Could just be back seat, but perhaps it is also "wingless", who knows.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

They have wingless option at Porsche Exclusive?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 832 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
I would also rather have a Singer and a New 991.2 GT3 myself. Both of those combined is still cheaper than the 911r's 500k market price.
?

I thought Singers were over $500k?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:04 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Just noticed that I don't think one can remove the wing from the new gt3, as the brake lights are in the wing. The 991.1 gt3 made it possible. Porsche knows that...damn...need third mods now
Old 03-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Carlos993
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 104 Posts

As has already been mentioned in the main GT3 .2 thread, in 17.40 of the Drivetribe Andreas video, Andreas says that the 911R was "the best car we ever made", and "a project from the heart".

I suspect that when the excitement dies down, the GT3 .2 and the R will appeal to fundamentally different buyers/users.

What is certain is that in the not-too-distant future, the already high performance of these cars, already beyond exploitable by the skill level for most drivers, will be further eclipsed by the next GT offering. So, buy what tugs at your heart, and not necesssarily what is on paper...
Old 03-08-2017, 06:25 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Originally Posted by Carlos993
As has already been mentioned in the main GT3 .2 thread, in 17.40 of the Drivetribe Andreas video, Andreas says that the 911R was "the best car we ever made", and "a project from the heart".

I suspect that when the excitement dies down, the GT3 .2 and the R will appeal to fundamentally different buyers/users.

What is certain is that in the not-too-distant future, the already high performance of these cars, already beyond exploitable by the skill level for most drivers, will be further eclipsed by the next GT offering. So, buy what tugs at your heart, and not necesssarily what is on paper...
Excellent post!

Right now I am torn between ordering a GTS PDK or GT3 manual.....and it has to be a daily driver with spirited drives in the weekend...choices...ugh...but I am so excited to see Gt3 manual!!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:58 PM
RupeTN
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
?

I thought Singers were over $500k?
Definitely over 500k, can get closer to 600k depending on which engine, trans and brake package you spec.

Plus you need to add in the cost of your donor if you don't have one 👍
Old 03-08-2017, 08:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Thanks to those who addressed my question. At the risk of looking like a foolish dreamer, I may post a want ad on RL at some point. Given GT3RS-Fan1's reply, I'll also consider coming up on price. North of 300k just doesn't interest me, though.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:01 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

My car stickers for $215685.00 plus taxes and license fees. My offer of $300K if you come to look at it is in my opinion is "Fair Price" but I have no takers from flippers and brokers. I think their magic number is at least $200K or higher over MSRP. Not sure whether pricing in the secondary market will go up or down, what I do know is I want a second 911R. Believe me, it is that GOOD!:cheers

Wherever you are, find a dealer, broker, or flipper to show you his/her car. I doubt they will let you drive it but have the opportunity to look at it close and in person, and listen to the mechanical noises, fit and finish, so you have first hand experience what you are about to buy should you make that turn. My guess is for buyers, $300K is reasonable since you still have to pay taxes on top of the secondary market price. In the meantime sit back and relax, take your time. Who knows there might be a very remote chance someone does not really want their 911R.

To me, money is good but the car is better. Best of luck on your hunt!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Thanks to those who addressed my question. At the risk of looking like a foolish dreamer, I may post a want ad on RL at some point. Given GT3RS-Fan1's reply, I'll also consider coming up on price. North of 300k just doesn't interest me, though.

Quick Reply: delete