Sponsored by:

OT: transporter damaged my cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 09:03 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default OT: transporter damaged my cars

so, long story short, I had two cars, car A and car B, being shipped enclosed to Dallas/Fort Worth for work at two different shops. Car A is a white e46 m3 and B is Mexico Blue GT3.

Both cars left prior to Christmas, and I recently picked up car B, and noticed the damage. The shop mentioned they noticed the damage on delivery of the car, but the driver didn't have them note the damage when they addressed it with him.

Car A, clearly has mexico blue transfer paint from where the two cars were rubbing together during the 350 mile drive. Car A is still at the shop where it was dropped off and hasnt left the premises. Shop owner also noted the damage, and the transport driver again brushed off the damage to previously existing damage. However, I have the vehicle inspection sheets from when the cars were picked up, with no damage in the affected areas.

Upon contacting the broker, I'm being told that since the claim wasnt made at the time of delivery, they aren't liable. That said, I don't care what they claim, and upon principal alone, I will spend whatever I have to in order make sure this doesn't happen to someone else by them.

Anyone been down this road?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:29 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

what's the company's name so i can avoid them?
Old 03-07-2017, 09:40 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
what's the company's name so i can avoid them?
Bob Hindson Transport

Kidding
Old 03-07-2017, 10:00 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

ha! you guys are too much!

I'll make sure and keep the forum updated as this progresses. I want them to have the opportunity to step up and do the right thing first.

I probably do 10-15 moves a year, and this is the first issue I've had for the record.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:05 PM
Ccapx
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I gotta guy if you need a lawyer or a damage expert!
Old 03-07-2017, 11:24 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ccapx
I gotta guy if you need a lawyer or a damage expert!
We need a RL happy hour, drinks on me....

When I saw the damage, I went back and reread your post!
Old 03-08-2017, 05:34 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Sorry to hear... crap that you shouldn't need to deal with.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:54 AM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So sad man.... Good luck!
Old 03-08-2017, 08:36 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Sux to hear this.... Going to be a tough road to reclamation.. Hope you get this resolved without major pains.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:03 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry it happened and it sucks but you have several problems. My suggestion is you don't spend a lot time fighting it because you will be wasting time and money. If anything go after shop.

1). If transporter has a delivery condition form with shop's sign off that shows no damage when received then blame falls squarely on shop and not the transporter. The opportunity to address damage was during drop off, before transporter left....if transporter driver was difficult the shop could have called you immediately or broker to address the discovered damage (not wait until you picked car up much later????)
2) the independent transporters drive for many brokers and 70% of them you wouldn't step in a room with alone because your wallet would be emptied by time you left without your knowledge. They put about as much detail into caring for the cars they move as a guy moving cars around junkyard, they simply only care about money and not the service they provide.
3). I never use brokers for transport, yes I know some do and have good experience but overall you are just dealing with a middleman and it's a revolving door of different truckers and most are being tried out for first time. With brokers you're playing russian roulette on getting a car to destination without some sort of damage. Much better luck with picking your choice of major brand enclosed only transport (it will cost you) but you reduce the chance of having damage during a auto transport (not eliminate but reduce).
4) fighting something simply for principle costs A LOT of $$$$, especially with the facts you presented and lack of documentation or photos when car was dropped off. Just my 2 cents....again sorry it happened.

Quick Reply: OT: transporter damaged my cars