GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by: Inside Car Connection

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Reply

Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 PM
  #1
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Exclamation GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Figured I'd get the ball rolling by starting this thread. So who's already got the call for their allocations?
usctrojanGT3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM
  #2
JFA65
User
 
JFA65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oz
Posts: 180
Default

My order is in. Carmine Red and black matte rims.
JFA65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:45 PM
  #3
poofyo101
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 711
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 View Post
Figured I'd get the ball rolling by starting this thread. So who's already got the call for their allocations?
Martin are you selling one of the cars for the .2 GT3? Thinking of selling the GT4 for one.
poofyo101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:03 PM
  #4
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SToronto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,585
Default

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Figured I'd get the ball rolling by starting this thread. So who's already got the call for their allocations?
Worth asking from which dealer/country as well? If folks are willing to share.
SToronto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:08 PM
  #5
gtr
User
 
gtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 201
Default

Allocations already out? If so what is the build dates? The engine got me thinking to upgrade the GT4.
gtr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:12 PM
  #6
speeddistrict
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
speeddistrict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: california
Posts: 199
Default

my dealer said end of the month
speeddistrict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:20 PM
  #7
montoya
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,192
Default

No call, but my dealer is totally incompetent. The only saving grace is I'm #1 after the 918 customers. Not sure if both are still in the program, but I think so. They are both very wealthy collectors.
montoya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:22 PM
  #8
tasman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,427
Default

Originally Posted by montoya View Post
No call, but my dealer is totally incompetent. The only saving grace is I'm #1 after the 918 customers. Not sure if both are still in the program, but I think so. They are both very wealthy collectors.
My dealer is pretty useless too. I am number #1 but they don't get many cars and they will be little help with information if past history is any indication
tasman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:25 PM
  #9
Engeljizzle
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, CO / Orlando, FL
Posts: 266
Default

I am #1 on the list @ msrp (after 918 guys) but the dealership said they are still waiting on allocations to be released. They said I can submit a build but it won't mean anything until I'm actually assigned an allocation.
Engeljizzle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:34 PM
  #10
montoya
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
montoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,192
Default

Originally Posted by tasman View Post
My dealer is pretty useless too. I am number #1 but they don't get many cars and they will be little help with information if past history is any indication

Yeah, the only issue with such dealers are that it's an arm wrestling match to do things other dealers do as standard protocol. Things like show me my config, when am I locking options etc? Now imagine asking them to push your allocation down the line until the manual transmission comes available, that won't happen simply because it's easier for them to just flip your MSRP allocation to the next highest bidder- argh!!

This is why I have a back-up allocation, but it's 6th at a small dealer.

Here's hoping manual is available with first allocations or soon after!
montoya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:47 PM
  #11
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default

Originally Posted by poofyo101 View Post
Martin are you selling one of the cars for the .2 GT3? Thinking of selling the GT4 for one.
I'll keep the GT4 until I replace it with a GT4RS PDK.
usctrojanGT3 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:50 PM
  #12
nuvolari612
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
nuvolari612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,645
Default

Local dealer says when we get one we will announce - in other words ask a high price and let it sell to the highest offer.

It's worse than the Ferrari dealers.
nuvolari612 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:51 PM
  #13
tasman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
tasman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 2,427
Default

My fear also Montoya
tasman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:54 PM
  #14
Buddhamonk
User
 
Buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 935
Default

Originally Posted by montoya View Post
Yeah, the only issue with such dealers are that it's an arm wrestling match to do things other dealers do as standard protocol. Things like show me my config, when am I locking options etc? Now imagine asking them to push your allocation down the line until the manual transmission comes available, that won't happen simply because it's easier for them to just flip your MSRP allocation to the next highest bidder- argh!!

This is why I have a back-up allocation, but it's 6th at a small dealer.

Here's hoping manual is available with first allocations or soon after!
If you're #1 at sunset, it'll most likely be a pdk allocation. I'm #7 there and didn't bother to get in line at Bend porsche (maybe i should have)

Last update i got from sunset was that they is only one 918 owner at the top of the list
Buddhamonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:58 PM
  #15
Buddhamonk
User
 
Buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 935
Default

When people say that manual will be available in september. Do they mean september delivery or september build order?
Buddhamonk is offline  
Reply With Quote
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Super_K
991 Turbo
15
10-22-2017 01:43 PM
SANDOVAL
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
36
09-24-2017 03:01 PM
Waxer
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
40
07-29-2016 01:52 PM
RadDoc24
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
88
01-08-2016 09:15 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: