Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 12:24 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Just hit V280: Vehicle entry to CT assembly (on CT vehicles). Not sure what that means. But it went into production (body shop) about 10 days early.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Just hit V280: Vehicle entry to CT assembly (on CT vehicles). Not sure what that means. But it went into production (body shop) about 10 days early.
CXX options get installed at CT assembly.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:05 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33

CXX options get installed at CT assembly.
Awesome, thanks.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Awesome, thanks.
Np. CT = “Custom Tailoring”.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
That's the same car.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by antizero
I have a 991.2 GT3 PDK in my garage with 67 miles on it. Selling privately thanks to relocation. Nice spec (well, I think it is). Asking $190k, which is way below what I paid. If anyone's interested, please private-message me. Thanks...
You've been trying to sell for a few weeks now, I'm surprised there have been no takers yet.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:14 PM
mcduel91
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All -

I've been lurking here for quite awhile and am a little disheartened. I'm currently on the west coast and have had 3 attempts for a private sale on a low mileage .2 fall through at the last second, including 2 with a decent premium on them. I'm being relocated for work to the Northeast in May so I wonder if this is all a blessing. I'm still in the market and have tried calling dealers around here and where I'll be in the Northeast without much traction.

It's honestly a little confusing trying to figure out where the market and inventory is going given the differing stories you read. Any way, what do you all think? Should I just keep hitting the phones and hoping someone comes through or should I realistically only be looking in the private market. In a perfect world, if I got a build, it would be able to option ED as my Wife and I have put off our honeymoon for the past 3 years due to work and it would be good to be able to tag this on to a European getaway in the fall (I realize timing may not be good but honestly have no idea on the ED).
Old 04-14-2018, 07:38 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduel91
Hi All -

I've been lurking here for quite awhile and am a little disheartened. I'm currently on the west coast and have had 3 attempts for a private sale on a low mileage .2 fall through at the last second, including 2 with a decent premium on them. I'm being relocated for work to the Northeast in May so I wonder if this is all a blessing. I'm still in the market and have tried calling dealers around here and where I'll be in the Northeast without much traction.

It's honestly a little confusing trying to figure out where the market and inventory is going given the differing stories you read. Any way, what do you all think? Should I just keep hitting the phones and hoping someone comes through or should I realistically only be looking in the private market. In a perfect world, if I got a build, it would be able to option ED as my Wife and I have put off our honeymoon for the past 3 years due to work and it would be good to be able to tag this on to a European getaway in the fall (I realize timing may not be good but honestly have no idea on the ED).
Can't help you on an allocation. If you just want new then there are plenty. These are getting soft and dealers have inventory. How do I know? When one of the biggest stealers in SoCal is down to $20K ADM, it is soft. Flippers can't get there MSRP + "taxes and fees" and those delivery mile "I had X happen so I am forced to sell" folks are sitting for sale for weeks.

Stay persistent on RL, calling dealers and you will get one especially if you are willing to pay a premium. For those of us still waiting on the side line for that MSRP deal, not as much luck as the prices aren't there YET.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:06 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Hi All -

I have a couple of friends in the same spot. Persistence is key. Local dealer here is holding to 30k but if you keep calling you should be able to find one on the ground or on the way at 20k. Lightly used PDK for less. And keep your eyes on Rennlist.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:04 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

IMO I would try to go for the configurable allocation first, those will eventually dry up as its been confirmed 2018 only MY/the final production year for .2 GT3. There will always be low/delivery mileage .2 GT3 for sale popping up whether now or in the near future

As far as price cannot help you like others have said but try to negotiate... call brokers/dealers, etc and find a price you are comfortable with...but the people who have the allocations know that they are dwindling down.
Old 04-15-2018, 05:51 AM
astolfor
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi All -

I would avoid Norwell at all cost.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:37 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by astolfor

I would avoid Norwell at all cost.
+1000
Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM
mcduel91
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Antizero. I took a look at yours and it's actually one of the few color combos I wouldn't go with just out of personal preference. Beautiful car though. I think part of the challenge is I'm going from high density west coast city to highest density east coast. Dealers just don't seem to care unless you're an existing customer though I'm hoping eventually I'll get a call back. Great time for them to be able to shove away cash offers even with mark-ups in them. Maybe it's just wishful thinking that being in a less crazy area would yield better results.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Surge74
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Porsche Manhattan offered me a GT3 at $25k over list. I got one at list so I didn’t take them up on it, but you may want to call them.
Old 04-15-2018, 04:07 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

At this stage- Euro delivery is very unlikely - just rent a porsche and put rock chips on someone else's car.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread