Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 11:56 AM
ctporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have posted this in GT3 RS allocations thread as well, but thought I might as well ask GT3 biased guys....

I have been on GT3 allocation waiting list and the P dealer (high quality guys) called me to say they don't have enough GT3 allocations, but they would like to offer me a GT3 RS allocation (at zero ADM). I was hoping for GT3 manual transmission, so not sure what I should do... I have to admit that I have done a lot of reading about GT3 cars, but none about GT3 RS so far. Any thoughts/advice?

Sorry if this seems like a no-brainer and I'm asking a silly question. Curious of your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:57 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Um, take it 5 minutes ago!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:09 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ctporsche
I have posted this in GT3 RS allocations thread as well, but thought I might as well ask GT3 biased guys....

I have been on GT3 allocation waiting list and the P dealer (high quality guys) called me to say they don't have enough GT3 allocations, but they would like to offer me a GT3 RS allocation (at zero ADM). I was hoping for GT3 manual transmission, so not sure what I should do... I have to admit that I have done a lot of reading about GT3 cars, but none about GT3 RS so far. Any thoughts/advice?

Sorry if this seems like a no-brainer and I'm asking a silly question. Curious of your thoughts. Thanks.
So tempted to trade mine for yours!
Old 03-23-2018, 12:16 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

I would trade my GT3 manual for the new RS if it's at MSRP. I love driving a manual. But the new RS is a sick car in its own right. When is the expected delivery date of the RS allocation?
Old 03-23-2018, 12:18 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth
There seems to be a lot of negative thoughts toward the 18 way seats. I really like them in the 991.2 I have now and have them coming in my GT3 Touring. If you are not planing to do much if any track time why pay 5k for seats you can't adjust as well? Just curious.
They look cool! I have the 2 ways in my GT4 and I love them however I have a little remorse about not getting LWB. I won't make that mistake again. I track 5-6 times a year but I want the LWB because they are cool as heck.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
They look cool! I have the 2 ways in my GT4 and I love them however I have a little remorse about not getting LWB. I won't make that mistake again. I track 5-6 times a year but I want the LWB because they are cool as heck.
Maybe you are young enough where style outweighs function. However, my old back would make me sell the car if I couldn't make it happy in the car.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:07 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Maybe you are young enough where style outweighs function. However, my old back would make me sell the car if I couldn't make it happy in the car.
I'm 30 so probably lol. But yeah buy what's most comfortable to you. I haven't done anything super long term in the LWB but when you are paper thin like I am you can get comfortable in just about anything.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:10 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

I don't think it's a silly question, however, I realize I am likely in the minority in thinking so. A somewhat similar thing happened to me recently. I was reaching out to many dealers trying to get a GT3 Touring. A guy from one of the dealerships called to let me know he couldn't get me a Touring but could get an RS and wanted to know if I had any interest (he didn't know that I had acquired a Touring build slot elsewhere). Before even discussing price I told him thanks but I wasn't interested. If you don't want a wing on the car or PDK in the car an RS is not the car for you, or me in this instance.
Old 03-23-2018, 01:12 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

I'm 30 so probably lol. But yeah buy what's most comfortable to you. I haven't done anything super long term in the LWB but when you are paper thin like I am you can get comfortable in just about anything.
Agree with you on that. BTW you are the age of my youngest and I'm twice yours. lol
Old 03-23-2018, 01:22 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Agree with you on that. BTW you are the age of my youngest and I'm twice yours. lol
Yeah I am used to that now lol. Went to a local PCA event and it was the same. Always great learning from the old timers though! I figure the typical age around here is mid-late 40s.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:23 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Flippers gonna be happy again. No more current GT cars built after Sept 2018. Looks like all the speculation of tons of cars for everyone is not going to happen.

??? There's a bunch of GT3 built in October and November. GT3RSs built throughout end of year, and GT2RS.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:40 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
??? There's a bunch of GT3 built in October and November. GT3RSs built throughout end of year, and GT2RS.
Hello chaosoul nice to see you again!
Old 03-27-2018, 03:43 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Yeah I am used to that now lol. Went to a local PCA event and it was the same. Always great learning from the old timers though! I figure the typical age around here is mid-late 40s.
I just turned 34. And yeah, I feel like the majority of people with cars in this category are a bit older. Not a lot of 30-year-olds with $200K of disposable income.
Old 03-27-2018, 03:53 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
WOW

Look who the cat dragged in.

Old 03-27-2018, 04:02 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I just turned 34. And yeah, I feel like the majority of people with cars in this category are a bit older. Not a lot of 30-year-olds with $200K of disposable income.
28 here and I know someone on here with his GT3 who is 26!!

Originally Posted by ExMB
WOW

Look who the cat dragged in.

Chaosoul..... how did you manage to escape from Zuffenhausen's grasp?!?!

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread