Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 08:17 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Same thing is happening to the raptor as gt cars.

When I traded my raptor one of the sales guys looked at some of the scratches that needed to be buffed out and said.

You took it off road?

Yeh, I didn't buy it to go to Publix! Great hunting vehicle. Dragged logs that was blocking roads and all kinds of stuff.

Today when you sell a GT3/RS people ask if you tracked it?
Why the hell do you think I bought a GT3/RS?

The world is changing!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0

When I traded my raptor one of the sales guys looked at some of the scratches that needed to be buffed out and said.

You took it off road?

Yeh, I didn't buy it to go to Publix! Great hunting vehicle. Dragged logs that was blocking roads and all kinds of stuff.

The world is changing!
I bought my GT3RS to look at and drive to C&C........NOT!!!! Only thing that I'll wake up early for is going to the track, sure as hell am not getting up early to go to no C&C gathering. I swear, people have become the such big posers nowadays.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

You took it off road?

The world is changing!
Not really. There's always been a 'collector' component to the market that want a pristine unmolested low mile car. You see examples of that from decades past going across the auction block every week.

What's changed is people who actually use their cars hard think they should get the same price for it as the pristine unmolested low mile car when they go to sell it, but those values will never be the same.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:20 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not really. There's always been a 'collector' component to the market that want a pristine unmolested low mile car. You see examples of that from decades past going across the auction block every week.

What's changed is people who actually use their cars hard think they should get the same price for it as the pristine unmolested low mile car when they go to sell it, but those values will never be the same.
Ok,

Really?
Old 04-12-2017, 09:25 PM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Hahaha you aren't the only one. There are plenty of us here. I for one will happily keep and continue to drive my RS. I love it. I loved customizing it and being the first owner and taking delivery.

Worth every penny...until someone on the 991 board ordered a GTS in UV. WTF?!?!
I'm with you.. I drove the living **** out of my 991 GT3, logged 23,000 miles on it!!

LOL to the GTS in UV!

You took it off road?

The world is changing!
This is so true man.. ****.
If you only knew the stupid ****ing questions I got when selling the GT3.
How many track days? Why is there a aftermarket cage and not OEM? Why is there stress cracks on the rotors?
I'm sorry but last time I checked, the owner manual tells you what track settings to put it on. Porsche made these to live on the race track.

Jesus. /endrant
Old 04-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Ok,

Really?
There's nothing new about buyers wanting pristine cars and dinging sellers for use. Just like there's nothing new about C&C's that everyone likes to think is the sign of the car guy apocalypse.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:49 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Yea agree.

And plus its just market forces really. I am a track person, and I will track the car, but I still rather not have my previous owner of my RS track the car. Lets be real, a lot of people I see tracking their PCCBs I just want to shake my head, no wonder some people over heat and wore out their PCCBs in 2 track days. I have no idea if my RS's previous owner is tracking it like how it should be and also not let people borrow it. I'd rather be the first person to track it.

If there are two UV .1 RS on the market, both have 2000 miles, exact same options, one is 2000 track miles, one is 2000 road miles. They are the exact same price, you have no idea who the previous owner is, which one do you want to buy? Then people will realize why dealers want to offer the tracked ones lower price because you need the price to incentivize the market, or else people will likely choose one over the other. If you don't care, that's fine, but some people will care, and that will shift the average to one side.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:45 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

A used gt3/RS that has been tracked 3-5 weekends/year is not going to fall apart. They are designed with this in mind.
Just like a Raptor has tricked up suspension to handle stuff regular f150s won't do.

I've been to C&C, it was increadibly boring. People just walked around and looked at all open hoods. I thought I had to do the same and opened up the hood on my 911. Nobody was impressed.

I guess we can all see if the car has been a track *****. That's a different thing.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Some ****** look like virgins..
Old 04-13-2017, 01:27 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

That's why there are inspections.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:31 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Even upon intimate inspection..
Old 04-13-2017, 03:12 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i need to take a class from you on virgin inspection, and i dont mean cars.

Originally Posted by Salj

Mooty, I love my Raptor. That's how we roll in Texas.
very nice

Originally Posted by speeddistrict
I got butt raped on OVER msrp on the GT3RS.
I paid 5k over for the raptor since i didnt want to wait.. great daily driver.
bring it friday i need to see

Originally Posted by ****
I think some people drive their trucks off concrete.
got it.it's a offroad kind of truck
Old 04-13-2017, 10:01 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Lol! 👍
Old 04-13-2017, 10:33 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 533 Posts

I think people have concerns over track miles because of the potential repair down the line, not because the car has been tracked perse
when a car is tracked , you have components that wear and you can see and judge easily like tires, brakes etc
but there are components like suspension, transmission , engine that you can't assess properly even with PPI. So people get concerned with the unknown and the tracked cars demand a lower premium and I think this is appropriate. It is part of the expense of tracking the car like tires etc
Old 04-13-2017, 06:05 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone, knowledgeable, have an update on how many allocations went to US dealers in the first round? Talking with a friend, who is the SM, for the largest NE P dealer on 4/11 he said they did not even get 1.
He said most went to CA & FL.

Last edited by RFGGT3; 04-13-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added info.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread