OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:47 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Very pastel.

If Papa Smurf was standing in front of a Miami Blue Porsche, you wouldn't be able to see Papa Smurf.
Thank you for this.. MB is no longer on my radar,
Old 03-09-2017, 08:55 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Not in a GT3. If you want to avoid alcantara, a racing fabric, then GT3/RS is not the cars for you. The only way to get all leather seats is to buy a carrera model.
Now ..That's Funny !
Old 03-09-2017, 08:58 AM
mclarenmaniac
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Guards Red...but don't trust these photo shopped/enhanced photos. In reality guards red is a bit lighter than these photos convey.
Interesting ...the color looks so rich in these pics and looks perfect for both generations !
Old 03-09-2017, 09:28 AM
smudge07
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
There's a minimum # of posts he needs to make before sending or receiving a PM. Right now he only has 2. Forget the #. Around 10 I believe. Has nothing to do with paying membership.
Thanks - I will get busy posting
Old 03-09-2017, 09:37 AM
smudge07
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Still won't send one. Says you're not allowed PMs. Anyone know if you can't receive them if you're not a paying member?
I will get busy posting - my email is andrewsmith7@hotmail.c*.uk

Cheers - Smudge.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Littleern
AutoX

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Thank you for this.. MB is no longer on my radar,
I saw a 718 Boxster S at lunchtime in one the Porsche dealerships in central London. Didn't look good in my view. It's definitely a love or hate kind of colour.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Littleern
AutoX

Originally Posted by smudge07
I understand your frustration....

I am in the UK and left a £10,000 deposit over 2 years ago for a gt3. At that point I was number 7 on their list.. For the gen1 GT3 they had an allocation of guess how many....yep 7 so all sounding promising

Well it was sounding promising until I visited the dealer a few months ago to have my 997 serviced and new exhaust fitted I mentioned I was number 7 on their list (I have several emails that confirm this) to be told they are not using a list. Instead they are taking into account how much finance people are taking, if they are trading in a car, if trading and a GT car more points................he said I should be ok..

Last time they eventually received 14 991.1 Gt3s so I will be p*ssed if I don't eventually get a shot at one
I was told this morning that I don't have an allocation for 2017. Still in the running for a 2018 allocation though, but clearly no guarantees. It sounds like the demand for this model is even greater than the last one. I spoke to one dealership (in the UK) who has a list of over 50 odd people and I think have all made deposits. Madness if true. There is no way they will be able to meet demand in 2017 or 2018. Some of the other stuff mentioned to me was the usual nonsense that makes you think some of these sales guys have no idea why enthusiasts are interested in GT cars.

Still happy with my GT4 and will continue to get it out on the B roads at every opportunity. The world keeps spinning!
Old 03-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleern
I was told this morning that I don't have an allocation for 2017. Still in the running for a 2018 allocation though, but clearly no guarantees. It sounds like the demand for this model is even greater than the last one. I spoke to one dealership (in the UK) who has a list of over 50 odd people and I think have all made deposits. Madness if true. There is no way they will be able to meet demand in 2017 or 2018. Some of the other stuff mentioned to me was the usual nonsense that makes you think some of these sales guys have no idea why enthusiasts are interested in GT cars.

Still happy with my GT4 and will continue to get it out on the B roads at every opportunity. The world keeps spinning!
When did you put a deposit down?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:52 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Miami Blue looks amazing on 991rs, drove by the dealer yesterday and saw two boxter sitting outside in MB. Didn't look good. I think the color will work on a gt3 but would like to see one before committing.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:56 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I have seen Miama last summer.

It makes a huge difference whether you look at it in isolation or whether there is a car in a different blue in the same picture, or view.

Miami Blue has substantial amounts of green in it, and that is very visible if you have a plain blue next to it. IMHO Miami Blue is not a good choice if what you really want is Gulf Blue or Mexico Blue. You must like the greenish tint by itself.

I should probably snoop around for Miami Blue cars this season with a white balance card so that I can show, not tell. Worked for Graphite Blue...
Old 03-09-2017, 09:58 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

I saw a Miami blue turbo S that looked really good with all the black accents. But I think it is a color that you need to see to make sure you like it. I wouldn't take the opinion of someone else unless you know you like the exact same things they do. Personally I like it and think it will be a great alternative non PTS color for the GT3, but many won't like it. To each their own...
Old 03-09-2017, 10:02 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by squid42
I have seen Miama last summer.

It makes a huge difference whether you look at it in isolation or whether there is a car in a different blue in the same picture, or view.

Miami Blue has substantial amounts of green in it, and that is very visible if you have a plain blue next to it. IMHO Miami Blue is not a good choice if what you really want is Gulf Blue or Mexico Blue. You must like the greenish tint by itself.

I should probably snoop around for Miami Blue cars this season with a white balance card so that I can show, not tell. Worked for Graphite Blue...
Same as UV, to my eye it looks amazing when overcast but not so good in Florida sun.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Littleern
AutoX

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
When did you put a deposit down?
I didn't. My dealer wouldn't take one when I asked in late 2014 or again in early 2016 as the car was not announced. As soon as a deposit is taken it acts as a form of contract apparently, and they need to avoid that given recent legal cases against Porsche in the UK.
Getting a GT car in the UK is purely up to the decision of the DP. Previous buying history clearly counts, which I think is fair, but if you are not interested in buying standard Porsche models and given you can't get a GT car then you're kind of stuffed. Still, I enjoy what I've got and I'll play the waiting game to see what happens later this year. Nothing to lose.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Littleern
AutoX

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Miami Blue looks amazing on 991rs, drove by the dealer yesterday and saw two boxter sitting outside in MB. Didn't look good. I think the color will work on a gt3 but would like to see one before committing.
I think being in Florida may help with MB. It probably looks good with the sun on it. Unfortunately that's rare in the UK!
Old 03-09-2017, 10:04 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Guards Red...but don't trust these photo shopped/enhanced photos. In reality guards red is a bit lighter than these photos convey.
I have a CR GT4. CR is a darker hue red like blood. If you place a GR car next to CR the GR will give off an orange hue. CR is awesome and really ruch looking.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL 991.2 GT3 RELEASE *Confirmed 500HP 4.0 & Manual option*