Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 01:53 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 911R Owner Looks to Make Australian $800K

Excerpts from the Australian article:

"In the last few years limited-number cars are really spiking up."

"Porsche is incredibly in demand – there's a revival of the Porsche brand in incredible fashion. People are getting very aware of what to buy."

"There have been a number of cars that changed hands internationally for upwards of one million."

"There is a lot of animosity with the dealers and manufacturers."

"We like to sell our cars to people who want to drive them and enjoy them."

"The vetting process comes down to the discretion of the dealer in consultation with the head office."

"We try and make sure that people we sell those cars to are advocates of the brand and enthusiasts... sometimes it slips through the net."

"Manufacturers try to control who buys what and who sells what, which is against the trade practices act."

"It's nothing illegal. It's a very straightforward business transaction. You could buy a beautiful pair of Nike shoes and put them on eBay tomorrow. What's the difference?"

"The Porsche spokesman says the owner who listed this car for sale may be blacklisted from buying similar examples."

"I think they would find it very difficult to get a limited edition car in the future," Ellis says.

"We can't stamp this out, it does happen and it will happen. It goes against the grain of how we like to do our business in Australia and how we like these cars to go into the garages of Porsche aficionados. Not people who go on and flip it, to double the price of the car."

"If you are the buyer of a car that doubles in values you remain faithful to the brand for the rest of your life."

LINK:
http://www.afr.com/lifestyle/cars-bi...social_twitter

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 03-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

We currently have two up for grabs downunder ..........
One in Melbourne going for $991,991 and the other in Sydney for $1.2 mil

https://www.carsales.com.au/car/pors...srcx=makemodel
Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If for those buyers paying 300-400k$ over is like for me paying 100$ over (and most probably is) then what's wrong with it?
They are aware that being the richest in the graveyard gets them no reward.

The seller can only be lucky if he finds one buyer at this price. I would do the same day or night.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Australia was lucky and got 29 cars in total ,,one was sold and went to the UK and the other two as mentioned above are on the market ,,,,the break down is below

Old 03-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Seems a little short sighted perhaps on buyers end. Kudos to seller.

A lot of money for a $186k msrp car. I would think that's more than all the money for the following reasons and observations and don't think many of the others not subject to VIP aren't wondering if they should sell. As buyer I would have a concern about this unless he just chits money and pisses gold.

1. over 200 cars being available on market once VIP program ends and likely many owners seeing those numbers have to be wringing there hands just waiting out VIP.

2. Getting close to classic R and RS numbers today. Thus buyer may be getting all the money years early. Things that go up must/usually come down especially when it's that fast. 918 and CGT totally different.

3. GT3.2 with mt and 4.0L

Anyway to all those that rip me over "numbers" don't matter" and why do you care, who cares etc....

I present to you exhibit A as to why numbers matter.

I rest my case.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Jono809
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure why you'd want to sell and risk getting black listed by PCA...Bit sad that the filtering process failed with some of the allocations.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

Sneaking suspicion the seller is linked to the s/hand trader who is listing it. So agree PCA missed that one. Im miffed as apparently I was no.4 in Brisbane when only three allocated to my dealer.. or so they say.. and I would have drove it until it clicked over 100,000km on a daily commute...or maybe not

One thing though is potentially it keeps the relative value of the more accessible models up a little as well, so possibly not all bad.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:09 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Jono809
Not sure why you'd want to sell and risk getting black listed by PCA...Bit sad that the filtering process failed with some of the allocations.
I would rather the $800k and they can blacklist me all they want. Pretty small risk and the blacklisting will last at most until the next market correction. $800k buys a lot of beers and tires.

​​​
Old 03-03-2017, 09:11 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crazy world we live in. All is fair game as long as you understand the consequences.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:19 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Delete

Last edited by mad_max; 03-03-2017 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 03-03-2017, 09:26 AM
Jono809
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I would rather the $800k and they can blacklist me all they want. Pretty small risk and the blacklisting will last at most until the next market correction. $800k buys a lot of beers and tires.

​​​
I guess that depends if you're done with the brand, even I was told to keep mine for 12 months or face the consequences...I'd like to keep buying in the future so rather not go down that path.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:27 AM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Seems a little short sighted perhaps on buyers end. Kudos to seller.

A lot of money for a $186k msrp car. I would think that's more than all the money for the following reasons and observations and don't think many of the others not subject to VIP aren't wondering if they should sell. As buyer I would have a concern about this unless he just chits money and pisses gold.

1. over 200 cars being available on market once VIP program ends and likely many owners seeing those numbers have to be wringing there hands just waiting out VIP.

2. Getting close to classic R and RS numbers today. Thus buyer may be getting all the money years early. Things that go up must/usually come down especially when it's that fast. 918 and CGT totally different.

3. GT3.2 with mt and 4.0L

Anyway to all those that rip me over "numbers" don't matter" and why do you care, who cares etc....

I present to you exhibit A as to why numbers matter.

I rest my case.
Money vs. Currency

1. In a free market no transaction takes place unless both parties benefit.

2. Buyers at these levels don't think of it as money, but simply currency. They view real Money and Wealth as: land, gold & silver, art, vintage shotgun collections, shares of stock, business ownership, commercial real estate and productive debt, which creates capital.

3. Currency is only numbers on a computer screen or paper on your pocket, which only has any value (constantly declining value) because of some "government decree."

4. No luggage racks on coffins
Old 03-03-2017, 04:52 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

What was msrp in Australia? You guys are really unfortunate when it comes to car prices.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
[COLOR="Blue"]

"We like to sell our cars to people who want to drive them and enjoy them."

"We try and make sure that people we sell those cars to are advocates of the brand and enthusiasts... sometimes it slips through the net."
Oh please. Was this guy chuckling when he made those two ridiculous comments?
Old 03-03-2017, 05:46 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Probably laughing his/her way to the bank.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Oh please. Was this guy chuckling when he made those two ridiculous comments?

Quick Reply: 911R Owner Looks to Make Australian $800K